Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Old 05-29-10, 08:20 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
MrSmearkase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ayer, MA
Posts: 5,252
Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Credit goes to Icexx at bluray.com

MrSmearkase is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 08:25 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,433
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

if I were crazy about Alice in Wonderland I would think about going to that midnight release, getting $5 off the special bluray edition, and $10 more off (if they'd allow it) with the Disney coupon.

....but I have to get up for 5:30 on Tuesday and I only thought Alice in Wonderland was OK. I'm sure it'll drop down to $15 eventually and I'll nab it then.
mifuneral is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 08:26 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

So is the $5 off Alice in Wonderland only available during the midnight release??
Drav3n is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 09:40 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,362
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
So is the $5 off Alice in Wonderland only available during the midnight release??
No, it's all week long. It's just says midnight launch save $5 off for fun /sarcasm

Last edited by Gizmo; 05-29-10 at 11:20 AM.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 11:43 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,308
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
No, it's all week long. It's just says midnight launch save $5 off for fun /sarcasm
Gizmo, I'm not sure how to interpert what you are saying(whether you are being sarcastic or saying that Best Buy is). But for sure the $5 off is ONLY during the midnight launch. You'll notice at the end of the $5 off is a small #3. And at the bottom of the ad for #3 it states "$5 savings available only during midnight opening hours on June 1, 2010. So per that it should be the 26.99 amount.
Schloob1 is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 11:44 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,470
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

It doesn't look like that many Best Buy locations are participating in this release, although that makes sense:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...land.pdf?h=488

Last edited by bluetoast; 05-29-10 at 11:47 AM.
bluetoast is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 11:51 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 19,986
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

$26.99 for Wolfman? Fuck you.
islandclaws is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 11:57 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,362
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Gizmo, I'm not sure how to interpert what you are saying(whether you are being sarcastic or saying that Best Buy is). But for sure the $5 off is ONLY during the midnight launch. You'll notice at the end of the $5 off is a small #3. And at the bottom of the ad for #3 it states "$5 savings available only during midnight opening hours on June 1, 2010. So per that it should be the 26.99 amount.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 11:59 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

fumanstan is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 12:19 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
It doesn't look like that many Best Buy locations are participating in this release, although that makes sense:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...land.pdf?h=488
Thats really messed up because that means that very few people will be able to get that $5 dollars off. They don't even have a store in my state listed.
vmars is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 12:31 PM
  #11  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,119
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Thats really messed up because that means that very few people will be able to get that $5 dollars off. They don't even have a store in my state listed.
Even more messed up is that the closest one to me is about 20 miles away, I hated the film, but am thinking of going.

I'll make an evening of it, explore Leesburg, and get a poster that will sit in my closet until I die.
Trevor is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 12:36 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Even more messed up is that the closest one to me is about 20 miles away, I hated the film, but am thinking of going.

I'll make an evening of it, explore Leesburg, and get a poster that will sit in my closet until I die.
LOL, the closest one to me is 100 miles away, I think i'll pass on driving to it and go in tuesday waving the ad in the air and demand that I get the $5 dollars off.
vmars is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 01:19 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,032
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

No one participating here, but they will not let you buy anything else and I'm also getting U2 360 and need to exchange my Saving Private Ryan. The mulitple trips take away any incentive for another $5 off.

Anyone also planning to get the U2 blu should get there early as every store I spoke with said they will only be getting 2 copies.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 01:53 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Glad I got the Fry's ad to match Wolfman for $19.97. $26+ is insane!

Cant wait to watch the BBC version of life this next week... held off watching it on TV because of Oprah.
Rammsteinfan is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 02:03 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
It doesn't look like that many Best Buy locations are participating in this release, although that makes sense:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...land.pdf?h=488
That was why I asked about the $5 only being available at midnight.. The closest BB to me is an hour away, which sux. Oh well..guess Ill just pick up the single disc for $10 AC.
Drav3n is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 02:27 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 794
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
That was why I asked about the $5 only being available at midnight.. The closest BB to me is an hour away, which sux. Oh well..guess Ill just pick up the single disc for $10 AC.
The coupon is only for the combo pack, so you'll be lucky to find a cashier who'll accept it for the single disc.
josepotato is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 02:33 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 17,917
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Glad i held off on Armageddon. I was waiting to put it on my birthday/fathers day list. Wasn't it $19.99 release week a couple weeks ago? For $12.99 I may end up putting Tombstone on it too. I was disappointed it was the shorter cut with a dark transfer but for $13 I may get some use out of it.
JimRochester is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 02:43 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,362
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by josepotato View Post
The coupon is only for the combo pack, so you'll be lucky to find a cashier who'll accept it for the single disc.
Plus I wouldn't doubt Best Buy not accepting the $10 off coupon since they have their own 'special' deal on it. I didn't even bother with the $5 Universal coupons since BB never takes anything.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 04:11 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by josepotato View Post
The coupon is only for the combo pack, so you'll be lucky to find a cashier who'll accept it for the single disc.
Princess and the Frog's coupon was only for the combo pack and nobody had issues using them on the single disc, myself included. Ill give it a try and see what happens.
Drav3n is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 04:11 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,032
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Plus I wouldn't doubt Best Buy not accepting the $10 off coupon since they have their own 'special' deal on it. I didn't even bother with the $5 Universal coupons since BB never takes anything.
Maybe I'm lucky, but the 2 BB's near me have always accepted coupons. They all know to take the Disney ones, but I did have to ask when it was Universal's. But they took both of them.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 08:30 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

I wouldnt count on being able to use the 10.00 coupon the bestbuy exclusive combo pack, since they are also offering 5.00 off on it, the 5 off is a seperate offer and these coupons always say not for use with any other offers.
there might be a few bestbuys that might be not quick on figureing this out but i wouldnt count on it. I think I will be sticking with getting the regular combo or going to Target.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 08:46 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

I might grab that Best Buy exclusive combo for Alice, get it for $17 is okay. I don't really care about the DVD or Digital Copy but if I can't use the coupon on the single disc, I'll grab the BB exclusive. IF TRU isn't the better route to go. I know they are offering $10 off another Disney title for $29.99 or higher, however I can't really think of any other Disney BD I want. So BB might be the best route.

By the way, what's up with those stores participating in the midnight release? It doesn't seem like any of them are in major cities. You'd think in Illinois a store in Chicago might be listed (however maybe the last one is in Chicago, but I was referring to more of the suburbs) when Dark Knight came out all the BB around me were doing it. Why are they even bothering if only like 10 stores in the whole country are participating?
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 08:49 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
I wouldnt count on being able to use the 10.00 coupon the bestbuy exclusive combo pack, since they are also offering 5.00 off on it, the 5 off is a seperate offer and these coupons always say not for use with any other offers.
there might be a few bestbuys that might be not quick on figureing this out but i wouldnt count on it. I think I will be sticking with getting the regular combo or going to Target.
I'm going to be trying it, nowhere on this coupon does it say, "not for use with any other offers." The closest thing to that that is says is "Limit one coupon per specified item purchased." The $5 off isn't a coupon so hopefully they'll work in tandem or I can at least convince a manager that they will.

But anyways, I won't even be bothering with the Best Buy exclusive one, looks like a waste of money :P
vmars is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 09:15 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,032
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by vmars View Post

But anyways, I won't even be bothering with the Best Buy exclusive one, looks like a waste of money :P
What do you mean? Both combos are the same price, so how can one be a waste of money when you state you plan on getting the 3-disc combo?
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-29-10, 09:39 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (May 30 - June 5, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
What do you mean? Both combos are the same price, so how can one be a waste of money when you state you plan on getting the 3-disc combo?
Lol, nvm then, I've been looking at the ad wrong. I'll pick up the exclusive one if I like the cover more when I see it in the store.
vmars is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.