Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Let me see if I understand this. I saw the Best Buy midnight opening ad online with the Alice in Wonderland picture, so I'm assuming that's the only special going on then. Are some Best Buy stores really going to pay staff to open at midnight just to sell some Alice in Wonderland DVDs/Blu-Rays early with a poster and an extra $5 discount? I could understand midnight openings on something big (like the first release of a new game console), but for a movie? Did they do this for Avatar's release which got a lot more hype? I don't think so.

Since Target will be $16.99 after coupon and Best Buy at midnight will be $14.99 after coupon, I just can't see getting up to go out at midnight and spending more than $2 in gas for a special trip (since nothing else will be open) which would cancel out the savings over Target. Maybe people like posters (I don't) that much? As Tom Hanks said in Big "I don't get it" or as Vinnie Barbarino often said "I'm so confused".
Old 05-29-10, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Collectible 3D Art
Hmmm I like art...
Old 05-29-10, 10:11 AM

Guess I will not be getting it. I cannot print the bloody coupon. It wants me to make changes to my system. Problem is its not even in my system to start off with.
Old 05-29-10, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Let me see if I understand this. I saw the Best Buy midnight opening ad online with the Alice in Wonderland picture, so I'm assuming that's the only special going on then. Are some Best Buy stores really going to pay staff to open at midnight just to sell some Alice in Wonderland DVDs/Blu-Rays early with a poster and an extra $5 discount? I could understand midnight openings on something big (like the first release of a new game console), but for a movie? Did they do this for Avatar's release which got a lot more hype? I don't think so.

Since Target will be $16.99 after coupon and Best Buy at midnight will be $14.99 after coupon, I just can't see getting up to go out at midnight and spending more than $2 in gas for a special trip (since nothing else will be open) which would cancel out the savings over Target. Maybe people like posters (I don't) that much? As Tom Hanks said in Big "I don't get it" or as Vinnie Barbarino often said "I'm so confused".
Disney is likely paying Best Buy a certain amount to have a silly midnight opening. I thought the same thing. It's freakin' Alice in Wonderland, not Star Wars or Avatar. I can't imagine they will have many people their at Midnight.

And really, another fucking Alice thread?
Old 05-29-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
someone mentioned in the other thread that the $5.00 off was all week, but that doesn't seem right.
Somebody needs to take their sarcasm detector in for servicing....
Old 05-29-10, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Somebody needs to take their sarcasm detector in for servicing....
Really. Why would they even list the $26.99 price (TWICE!) if the $5 off was all week long? It's pretty obvious its for the Midnight opening only.

I went back and added a /sarcasm to the end.
Old 05-29-10, 11:32 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

whoa. sorry for misunderstanding. sheesh.
Old 05-30-10, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

$14.99 with $10 coupon!

Thanks Frys!
Old 05-30-10, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
$14.99 with $10 coupon!

Thanks Frys!
I have heard of "Frys" but to this date I have never seen one. I know what they sell but are they worth it? I live in S. Calif the closest one to me is about two hours away. Is it worth the trip*?

Q

*No I would not drive up there to buy this blu-ray, just wondering if its a store to see or not.
Old 05-30-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
I have heard of "Frys" but to this date I have never seen one. I know what they sell but are they worth it? I live in S. Calif the closest one to me is about two hours away. Is it worth the trip*?

Q

*No I would not drive up there to buy this blu-ray, just wondering if its a store to see or not.
If you're into building computers or electronics, it's like Best Buy + Radio Shack on steroids. Great if you get a great deal, but otherwise, just a gigantic warehouse of toys.
Old 05-30-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the heads up on the coupon!
Old 05-30-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Q

imho, its worth it if you are passing somewhat nearby, can take a few moments to peruse and wonder. kinda worth it the same way a train wreck is worth it.

but just fyi, a lot of (or most? all?) frys has a different theme decor and thus looks a lot different on the outside and a bit different on the inside.
Old 05-31-10, 02:14 PM

Guess I will not be getting it. I cannot print the bloody coupon. It wants me to make changes to my system. Problem is its not even in my system to start off with.
Is it that you don't want to install the software, or even with it installed you can't print it?

I have it installed and meet all the requirements they have listed, but still cannot print the coupon. I couldn't print the Toy Story 1 and 2 coupons a few weeks ago either.

Anyone else?
Old 05-31-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

No problems printing here, and that's while using Chrome.
Old 05-31-10, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
No problems printing here, and that's while using Chrome.
Well, if they have another coupon and it's for something I want, maybe I'll try Chrome or Firefox cause Safari doesn't seem to work worth a damn.
Old 05-31-10, 06:59 PM

Of course Fry's has the best deal. It seems like they always do, as far as B&M stores go. And good luck to those of you risking the coupon for the midnight thingamajig at Buy Big. Would never ever bring another coupon into one of their stores after the multiple debacles I've been faced with attempting to use a coupon. I would definitively make sure your store takes it before heading out at midnight to grab this movie.
Old 05-31-10, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
Is it that you don't want to install the software, or even with it installed you can't print it?

I have it installed and meet all the requirements they have listed, but still cannot print the coupon. I couldn't print the Toy Story 1 and 2 coupons a few weeks ago either.

Anyone else?
It was FF, I open IE and it work. Guess I will be getting it.
Old 05-31-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I would go to Fry's if the closest one wasn't 45 minutes away. I never mind driving out there, I enjoy the drive, but not for $2
Old 06-01-10, 09:08 AM
Suspended

odd, Firefox wouldn't print the coupon so I had to use Safari.
Old 06-01-10, 09:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I posted on another Alice thread, but the Fry's price for the 3 disc SE is $24.99. So with the $10 (which you do not need since they are automatically putting in the $10 off) brings it to $14.99 plus tax.
Old 06-01-10, 09:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I posted on another Alice thread, but the Fry's price for the 3 disc SE is $24.99. So with the $10 (which you do not need since they are automatically putting in the $10 off) brings it to $14.99 plus tax.
incredipinoy posted the ad earlier in this thread. And it states that the $10 off is applied if you bring the printed coupon. It is not automatically discounted.
Old 06-01-10, 10:03 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by fidodido
incredipinoy posted the ad earlier in this thread. And it states that the $10 off is applied if you bring the printed coupon. It is not automatically discounted.
Yeah, I'm aware. As I stated in the other post , I got this info from the guy checking me out. And it doesn't say that in the ad. He said their system is not setup to accept coupons, which is why they never have before for the most part. So it's setup in the system to automatically take off $10 from the sale price. I'm not making it up. I went in with the coupon and that's what happened.

EDIT: Also, on the receipt, it has just the one price of $14.99, not $24.99 - $10 instant coupon. I can scan it in later.

Last edited by E Unit; 06-01-10 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-01-10, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by trespoochies
on the receipt, it has just the one price of $14.99, not $24.99 - $10 instant coupon. I can scan it in later.
I trust you. Typical Fry's trickery to beat the competition.

For Californians this does mean that Fry's has saved buyers an additional $0.98. Because we won't need to pay sales tax on the $10.

Edit: Actually, now I'm curious whether someone can use a Fry's receipt to PM the movie at Target or BB AND then use the coupon on top of it. It would be a pain, but it would bring the total down to $4.99 before tax.

Last edited by fidodido; 06-01-10 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-01-10, 10:26 AM
Banned by request

Funny you say that, I was waiting for the guy to scan in the coupon to see if the price would drop to $4.99. But, he had a brain and checked it. That's when the manager said they automatically entered the coupon into the system to account for it. Would have been nice though.
Old 06-01-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just came back from the Dentist. I need a scan Fry's receipt please. Going to Best Buy soon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.