Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Old 06-01-10, 09:59 AM
  #51  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,962
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by fidodido View Post
Not sure where you got your information. The ad clearly states that you NEED the coupon to get $10 off.
From the guy checking me out. And it doesn't say that in the ad. He said their system is not setup to accept coupons, which is why they never have before for the most part. So it's setup in the system to automatically take off $10 from the sale price.
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-01-10, 10:12 AM
  #52  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,266
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
From the guy checking me out. And it doesn't say that in the ad. He said their system is not setup to accept coupons, which is why they never have before for the most part. So it's setup in the system to automatically take off $10 from the sale price.
Ah, Fry's hadn't even opened yet here on the West Coast.

I guess this just re-inforces the fact that Fry's doesn't accept coupons at all. But they realized that they had to discount the movie in order to compete.
fidodido is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 11:54 AM
  #53  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 577
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Can I use the disney coupon and a reward zone coupon at same time at bb?
bd...? is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 11:58 AM
  #54  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 92
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Damn I didn't know Best Buy was going to have 6 different covers! I don't know which one to chose...

EDIT: Just realized you can switch out the display cards (I think).

Last edited by gdstudent; 06-01-10 at 12:00 PM.
gdstudent is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 12:09 PM
  #55  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 129
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by gdstudent View Post
Damn I didn't know Best Buy was going to have 6 different covers! I don't know which one to chose...

EDIT: Just realized you can switch out the display cards (I think).
Yes you can switch them out. All 6 cards are included, they just put a different one in the front on each copy to show the variety.
CombatCraig is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 01:23 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,645
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

19.65 out the door including tax and 2 12 packs of AA batteries at Meijer. Not bad at all considering I need to buy AA's all the time for my girls toys.
Obi-Wan Jabroni is online now  
Old 06-01-10, 01:36 PM
  #57  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 490
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Is this movie a good blind buy? Never seen it. I already put down a $5 pre-order deposit on this at toysrus (in order to get a $10 discount on another Disney blu-ray I was buying before) so I'm wondering if it's worth getting for $11.99 + tax ($26.99 - $5 deposit - $10 coupon) with the $5 credit I already have. Is this movie too scary for young kids?
budster7 is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 01:54 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SALEM, OR
Posts: 1,482
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by budster7 View Post
Is this movie a good blind buy? Never seen it. I already put down a $5 pre-order deposit on this at toysrus (in order to get a $10 discount on another Disney blu-ray I was buying before) so I'm wondering if it's worth getting for $11.99 + tax ($26.99 - $5 deposit - $10 coupon) with the $5 credit I already have. Is this movie too scary for young kids?
It's probably too scary for sensitive kids, and it even has scenes that would make a grown man vomit. Of course by the latter I'm referring to the atrocious Mad Hatter dance scene. Most people I know are only buying it as completists, fans of Tim Burton, or for the visuals.
izatright is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 02:07 PM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
It's probably too scary for sensitive kids, and it even has scenes that would make a grown man vomit. Of course by the latter I'm referring to the atrocious Mad Hatter dance scene. Most people I know are only buying it as completists, fans of Tim Burton, or for the visuals.
HAHA, thank god that Mad Hatter dance scene was at the end of the movie or I probably would have walked out right then and there. That was the worst part of the movie, otherwise it was a fairly uninspired pseudo-sequel to the original Disney cartoon. Don't get me wrong, it was fairly enjoyable, but it could have been so much better.
vmars is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 03:10 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,201
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Is local Frys selling for $24.95 or $24.99? I heard that register took $10 discounted with no coupon required.
iNCREDiPiNOY is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 03:18 PM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY View Post
Is local Frys selling for $24.95 or $24.99? I heard that register took $10 discounted with no coupon required.
Pretty sure you posted this pic in another thread

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10185711-post33.html

Why are you asking this?
vmars is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 03:42 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,632
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Alice in Wonderland (BD/DVD/DC) /// $26.95 - $10.00 coupon + tax = ~$18.00 @ WalMart

Got the artwork too.


Last edited by Goldberg74; 06-01-10 at 03:48 PM.
Goldberg74 is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 04:10 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,962
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Pretty sure you posted this pic in another thread

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10185711-post33.html

Why are you asking this?
I think he might be referring to the aspect of actually needing a coupon - which I answered a few posts ago and confirmed you do NOT need an actual coupon, the register will automatically take off the $10. I'm more curious as to why you need to know if it's $24.95 or $24.99? Are you that good with your money? I sure as hell aint. If I get within a few bucks, I feel like I'm doing pretty good.
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-01-10, 04:12 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Alice in Wonderland (BD/DVD/DC) /// $26.95 - $10.00 coupon + tax = ~$18.00 @ WalMart
Weird. Both the WMs I went to last night wanted $29.96 for it. I just chose to buy it at BB in the long run. Less than $20 was okay by me.
The Monkees is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 04:14 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
I think he might be referring to the aspect of actually needing a coupon - which I answered a few posts ago and confirmed you do NOT need an actual coupon, the register will automatically take off the $10. I'm more curious as to why you need to know if it's $24.95 or $24.99? Are you that good with your money? I sure as hell aint. If I get within a few bucks, I feel like I'm doing pretty good.
Who knows why he needs that exact price, but I know he wants to get a scan of a receipt from frys and take it to best buy and get them to price match it. I totally hope he gets shot down, no need to scam Best Buy out of an extra 12 bucks.
vmars is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 04:19 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,962
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

yeah, I got that part - which is why I'm not going to do that, as I said I was going to earlier. I mean damn, that's already an outstanding price as it is.
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-01-10, 04:22 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,383
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by budster7 View Post
Is this movie a good blind buy? Never seen it. I already put down a $5 pre-order deposit on this at toysrus (in order to get a $10 discount on another Disney blu-ray I was buying before) so I'm wondering if it's worth getting for $11.99 + tax ($26.99 - $5 deposit - $10 coupon) with the $5 credit I already have. Is this movie too scary for young kids?
Your math is off. You can't discount that $5. You paid that.
Qui Gon Jim is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 04:55 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim View Post
Your math is off. You can't discount that $5. You paid that.
This

You are still paying 16.99 for it
glassdragon is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 06:09 PM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 452
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Alice in Wonderland (BD/DVD/DC) /// $26.95 - $10.00 coupon + tax = ~$18.00 @ WalMart

Got the artwork too.

Should have had them price match their website- shoud have been $24.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14235269
efordvt is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 08:33 PM
  #70  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 577
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

I ended up paying 8.40 thanks to the coupon and rewards coupon through BB....not bad
bd...? is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 09:58 PM
  #71  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 206
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

The Giant Eagle grocery store chain in Ohio and Pennsylvania has it for $14.99 after the coupon plus they're offering 40 cents off a gallon of gas at their GetGo stores (up to 30 gallons). Considering that, I'm almost getting the movie for free (it's a blind buy for me as well).
ppawuk is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 10:15 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,541
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

I went to BJ's.

$28.99 blu-ray
-$3.00 instant rebate
-$10.00 disney coupon
-$8.00 BJ's in-store coupon (must buy bottled water to use)
------------
$7.99 for the BD
+$3.29 for the water to use the $8 coupon. (I needed the water for my job)

Last edited by darkhawk; 06-02-10 at 05:50 AM.
darkhawk is offline  
Old 06-02-10, 04:26 AM
  #73  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 2,394
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by efordvt View Post
Should have had them price match their website- shoud have been $24.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14235269
The few times I've tried that, they always tell me that they don't price match their own website.
runner001 is offline  
Old 06-02-10, 10:50 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
boc4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The edge of insanity
Posts: 2,817
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by runner001 View Post
The few times I've tried that, they always tell me that they don't price match their own website.
Heard the same thing when I called to verify price yesterday.
boc4ever is offline  
Old 06-02-10, 11:06 AM
  #75  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
MrSmearkase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ayer, MA
Posts: 5,256
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Walmart never price matches it website. You could do site-to-store, but I'm not sure how you would include the coupon in that.
MrSmearkase is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.