DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Order 9 SONGS BD get 3 DVDs or VENGEANCE TRILOGY box set for free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/574152-order-9-songs-bd-get-3-dvds-vengeance-trilogy-box-set-free.html)

junglalien 05-22-10 09:13 PM

Order 9 SONGS BD get 3 DVDs or VENGEANCE TRILOGY box set for free

Just got this e-mail...

Due to the overwhelming response from our last offer and multiple requests to extend it, we've decided to offer another incredible deal as a way of saying thank you to all of our loyal fans!

Our new release for May brings Michael Winterbottom's 9 SONGS to Blu-ray complete and uncut! Word of mouth about both the controversial content and the fantastic musical footage has transformed 9 SONGS into one of our all-time best selling films. It features live concert performances not available anywhere else (by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Von Bondies, Elbow, Primal Scream, The Dandy Warhols, Super Furry Animals, Franz Ferdinand and Michael Nyman) interspersed with scenes of a couple, who over a period of several months pursue a mutual passion whose inevitable stages unfold in counterpoint to the nine live-concert songs of the story's title. The scenes alternate between the dramatic and the very sexually explicit, so due to the latter you absolutely must be over 18 to purchase this film.

To celebrate this release, this time we are offering 2 different deals:

Deal #1 - If you order the 9 SONGS Blu-ray for $17.99 plus S&H you will get our 3 most critically acclaimed recent releases for free! Two of the three made Roger Ebert's Top 10 list this year (yay!) -YOU THE LIVING, which is currently rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes from Swedish director and MoMA honoree Roy Andersson (SONGS FROM THE SECOND FLOOR); and the Martin Scorsese championed SILENT LIGHT from Carlos Reygadas (BATTLE IN HEAVEN, JAPON). The third film, IMPORT EXPORT was named the #1 film of 2009 in Artforum magazine by John Waters!

Deal #2 - For those of you who missed the EX DRUMMER deal, if you order 9 SONGS on Blu-ray (again for $17.99 plus S&H) you can instead opt to get our 8-DVD VENGEANCE TRILOGY box set for free. This is the same set that The Huffington Post called "Criterion-worthy" and contains what many people consider to be 3 of the best films of the decade.

http://www.9songsthemovie.com/

Please note, if you don't have a Blu-ray player yet, we can substitute the 9 SONGS Blu-ray for the full uncut DVD, just make a note of it when you submit your Paypal order.

And while we're at it, because we got so many requests for the original deal, we will offer it once more. If you order the incredible Belgian punk rock dark comedy EX DRUMMER ($14.99 plus S&H) we will throw in the VENGEANCE TRILOGY box set for free.

http://www.exdrummerthemovie.com/

Because of licensing restrictions this offer is only open to U.S. residents. Offer will be eligible until May 28th or until supplies last, whichever comes first. You are limited to one 9 SONGS order and one EX DRUMMER order per customer, but that means you can order both the 9 SONGS Deal #1 and EX DRUMMER and walk away with 13 different discs for the price of only two DVDs, plus shipping and handling! OMG
You should pinch yourself to make sure that you're not dreaming.

junglalien 05-22-10 09:30 PM

Re: Order 9 SONGS BD get 3 DVDs or VENGEANCE TRILOGY box set for free

The free VENGENANCE TRILOGY is DVD not blu-ray........

Drav3n 05-22-10 09:39 PM

Eventhough its still just the dvd version...it is still a good deal. :shrug:

adrenaline78 05-22-10 10:28 PM

I took option #1. Thanks for the post!

GenPion 05-23-10 12:09 PM

In for both deals. This was too good of an offer to pass up. Thanks OP!

whotony 05-23-10 01:27 PM

link in deal number two is futzed.

junglalien 05-23-10 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 10173754)
link in deal number two is futzed.

fixed

stingermck 05-23-10 02:43 PM

Got option #2, thanks!

Sondheim 05-23-10 02:48 PM

Also in for option 1. I've been wanting to see "Import/Export" and I quite liked "Still Light" and really loved "You, the Living" and have been meaning to pick it up. I don't actually have any desire to see "9 Songs", but that's all right because this is still a good deal.

Trevor 06-01-10 02:50 PM

Still active, in for option #1.

wattsup32 06-01-10 05:57 PM

I went for both, sort of. They extended the offer on ex-drummmer, so I got 9 songs with one of the free sets and ex-drummer with the other. NO WORD on shipping at all and I ordered about a week ago.

adrenaline78 06-01-10 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by wattsup32 (Post 10189074)
I went for both, sort of. They extended the offer on ex-drummmer, so I got 9 songs with one of the free sets and ex-drummer with the other. NO WORD on shipping at all and I ordered about a week ago.

In the ex-drummer thread people said they were just starting to receive their items.. no ship confirmation and hand written address.. So don't be surprised if you find it on your doorstep.

GenPion 06-01-10 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10188671)
Still active, in for option #1.

How is it still active? If you read the fine print, it says otherwise...

Trevor 06-01-10 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion (Post 10189274)
How is it still active? If you read the fine print, it says otherwise...

I just bought it; and the link, receipt, and every page of the process showed all the listed titles.

conehead433 06-01-10 09:32 PM

I was mildly interested in this deal until I discovered that '9 Songs' is available form Netflix as an Instant play. Guess I'll watch it for free. Of course it won't be in BD. Maybe if I like enough I'll bite.

BambooLounge 06-02-10 10:11 PM

You absolutely must be 18 or over to purchase. Offer is valid while supplies last and only to U.S. shipping addresses and must be purchased on or before May 23rd, 2010. Customer information will not be sold or given to a third party. There will be a shipping fee of $4.99 and CA & NY residents must pay sales tax. Offer available only to individuals with a valid email, US zip code and address and there is a limit of 1 order per customer. Ineligible purchases will be refunded minus a $3 processing fee. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.
Good thing I read the smallish print. Probably would have just lost myself $3.

adrenaline78 06-14-10 07:24 PM

Anyone start to receive their copies yet? I emailed them to find out the status. Hopefully they ship this week.

blamofilms 06-14-10 11:12 PM

Funny, I just came on here for the same reason. Ordered on 6/1, never received a confirmation e-mail or any shipping information. Still haven't received my package.

wattsup32 06-15-10 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by blamofilms (Post 10212585)
Funny, I just came on here for the same reason. Ordered on 6/1, never received a confirmation e-mail or any shipping information. Still haven't received my package.

I ordered May 23 and have gotten nothing. I called yesterday and talked to a very nice young man who took my order numbers and promised to call me back. Nothing so far, but if I don't get a call back I'll just call again. Think they may not have anticipated the traffic this deal would generate?

The Valeyard 06-15-10 10:27 AM

Last time they did this offer (with Ex-Drummer & Vengeance Trilogy), it took a while for everyone to get their packages. They didn't have enough Trilogy's in-stock.

polarize 06-16-10 10:46 AM

Yeah, I ordered the 9 Songs deal on 5/22 and have yet to hear anything.

Website says 2-4 weeks so I'm willing to give it a couple more days.

adrenaline78 06-17-10 05:20 AM

I got an email back from the guy. So hopefully we start to see them real soon!

I estimated up to 4 weeks for ship time on the offer, and as luck would have it I have been out sick for almost 2 weeks so that estimate may be accurate. I'll be getting them out ASAP.

Best,

Rick Stelow
Director of Marketing, Palisades Tartan

clappj 06-17-10 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78 (Post 10217089)
I got an email back from the guy. So hopefully we start to see them real soon!

So, the Director of Marketing is the only person working working at Tartan that's capable of preparing orders for shipment?

:scratch2:

stingermck 06-17-10 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by clappj (Post 10217271)
So, the Director of Marketing is the only person working working at Tartan that's capable of preparing orders for shipment?

:scratch2:

Thats what I was thinking. What are there 7 people working in the company?

The Valeyard 06-17-10 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 10217273)
Thats what I was thinking. What are there 7 people working in the company?

Pretty much.