Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Old 05-03-10, 04:25 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

I remember seeing here before and at other message boards how Alice in Wonderland would end up being like a lot of the Disney animated releases that came with so many coupons and deals that they ended up costing nothing or close to nothing.

With less than a month until the release, is there any indication that's still going to be the case?

It's not like this is a previously released title, so we're not upgrading and I'm wondering why Disney would offer those same multiple coupon deals like the almost certainly will again for Beauty and the Beast later in the year.

Has anyone heard anything or have an opinion on what to expect? It looks to me, as of now, that this will be just another "expensive" new release (which I will buy anyway).

Thanks.

edited to add $10 Alice in Wonderland Disney Coupon link posted by Kenbenobi:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...e-coupon_print

Last edited by dolphinboy; 05-13-10 at 02:41 PM.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 04:27 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
DVDMovieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grayslake, IL
Posts: 272
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

My magic 8 ball says "Yes"
DVDMovieMan is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 04:44 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
It's not like this is a previously released title, so we're not upgrading and I'm wondering why Disney would offer those same multiple coupon deals like the almost certainly will again for Beauty and the Beast later in the year.
Up, Earth, and Princess and the Frog were new releases and the coupons were released for those... There will more than likely be a coupon for this movie
Drav3n is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 05:47 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Stop At Willoughby
Posts: 253
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

I'm holding my breath for a coupon too. Even five bucks would be nice.
JckRbbitSlim is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 05:53 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston texas
Posts: 91
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim View Post
I'm holding my breath for a coupon too. Even five bucks would be nice.
Right...any discount is good enough for me..
kcmcustoms is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 05:57 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Maybe I just didn't do a good enough job with my OP, sorry. I was kind of more specifically asking if we'd probably get the big time coupons that would make the BD close to free or not? I guess I didn't know any other examples where that had happened unless you were upgrading. Certainly, even $5 would be nice, but it would be nicer if they possibly had another promotion where there were enough coupons to really make a big dent in the price.

That was what I was hoping to get feedback on. Sorry, again.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 06:48 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,382
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Yep, another $10 off like usual.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 08:11 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,533
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

I'd take 10 dollars off and I hope that it is no more than 25 bucks on release week.
dsa_shea is online now  
Old 05-03-10, 08:20 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 314
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Maybe I just didn't do a good enough job with my OP, sorry. I was kind of more specifically asking if we'd probably get the big time coupons that would make the BD close to free or not? I guess I didn't know any other examples where that had happened unless you were upgrading. Certainly, even $5 would be nice, but it would be nicer if they possibly had another promotion where there were enough coupons to really make a big dent in the price.

That was what I was hoping to get feedback on. Sorry, again.
If they hold true to the norm then a $10 coupon is likely but of course nothing is definite until we see one the rest will probably depend on what kind of prices and promotions the stores have to go with it.
komsik is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 08:41 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
DVDMovieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grayslake, IL
Posts: 272
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by komsik View Post
If they hold true to the norm then a $10 coupon is likely but of course nothing is definite until we see one the rest will probably depend on what kind of prices and promotions the stores have to go with it.
Amazon is knocking $10 off already so you can bet your money that there will be a $10 coupon.
DVDMovieMan is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 08:49 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan View Post
Amazon is knocking $10 off already so you can bet your money that there will be a $10 coupon.
What do you mean? I have the 3 disc set pre-ordered (just in case) and it's $27.99. There's no $10 off.

The Lovely Bones had a similarly high MSRP and eventually sold for $19.99 on release day at BB.

What I'd consider a deal, would be something close to $19.99 and a $10 coupon. If that's what happens, like with Toy Story, Amazon will not be able to give the best deal imo and compete with the stores where you can bring in the coupon...if there is one.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-03-10, 09:13 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,382
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan View Post
Amazon is knocking $10 off already so you can bet your money that there will be a $10 coupon.
$10 off if you buy another Disney Blu-ray...
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 06:40 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
DVDMovieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grayslake, IL
Posts: 272
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
What do you mean? I have the 3 disc set pre-ordered (just in case) and it's $27.99. There's no $10 off.

The Lovely Bones had a similarly high MSRP and eventually sold for $19.99 on release day at BB.

What I'd consider a deal, would be something close to $19.99 and a $10 coupon. If that's what happens, like with Toy Story, Amazon will not be able to give the best deal imo and compete with the stores where you can bring in the coupon...if there is one.
As Gizmo has already said, $10 off with purchase of another Disney DVD...and Amazon NEVER beats B&M stores on these Disney coupon deals, if you know where/how to look. Amazon always seems to be slightly higher-priced or require an additional purchase or miss another coupon that can be stacked. Wait for it; the $10 coupon will come in short time.
DVDMovieMan is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 09:54 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,883
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan View Post
Amazon NEVER beats B&M stores on these Disney coupon deals, if you know where/how to look.
Monsters Inc and Up would like to have a word with you.
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 10:33 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,013
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Monsters Inc and Up would like to have a word with you.
To be fair, that did include getting them to match the B&M coupon.
joltman is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 12:35 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan View Post
As Gizmo has already said, $10 off with purchase of another Disney DVD...and Amazon NEVER beats B&M stores on these Disney coupon deals, if you know where/how to look. Amazon always seems to be slightly higher-priced or require an additional purchase or miss another coupon that can be stacked. Wait for it; the $10 coupon will come in short time.
Thanks.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 01:30 PM
  #17  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,340
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Monsters Inc and Up would like to have a word with you.
They were negative $7 at Target.
Trevor is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 08:42 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
DVDMovieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grayslake, IL
Posts: 272
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
They were negative $7 at Target.
Yep...Trevor knows how to work the deal! ;-)
DVDMovieMan is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 09:04 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,382
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

I expect the 1 disc to be $25 and 3 disc to be $28 on release week at retail. $10 off would make either title come in well under $20. Damn good deal.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-04-10, 09:22 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I expect the 1 disc to be $25 and 3 disc to be $28 on release week at retail. $10 off would make either title come in well under $20. Damn good deal.
I'm kind of hoping you're off by even a couple of dollars, $23 and $26 with the coupon would be killer for me. I have to have the combo on this one. $16 plus tax sounds nice.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 05-05-10, 08:35 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 442
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

AliceCoupon.com was registered on February 25 by Disney. It's not fully live yet but it does appear to go to the Disney Movie Rewards site.

Code:
Domain Name.......... alicecoupon.com
Creation Date........ 2010-02-25
Registration Date.... 2010-02-25
Expiry Date.......... 2011-02-25
Organisation Name.... Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Organisation Address. 500 S. Buena Vista Street
Organisation Address. 
Organisation Address. Burbank
Organisation Address. 91521
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES
Booth is offline  
Old 05-05-10, 09:10 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,382
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
I'm kind of hoping you're off by even a couple of dollars, $23 and $26 with the coupon would be killer for me. I have to have the combo on this one. $16 plus tax sounds nice.
Would be nice, but it's not Q4 so I can't see too many discounts on this release (especially since it was fast-tracked to DVD/Blu-ray to test out a fast release window). I'd love to be wrong since the GF wants this movie bad.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 05-05-10, 09:26 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,659
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Will there be coupons?

Does a bear shit in the woods?
WMAangel is offline  
Old 05-05-10, 01:32 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,201
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

The combo version just dropped to $24.99 from $27.99, woot!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E48AYC/

Also, non-combo version now $19.99 from $24.99.
http://www.amazon.com/go/product/B001HN6940/
iNCREDiPiNOY is offline  
Old 05-05-10, 02:37 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Not Live Yet)

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY View Post
The combo version just dropped to $24.99 from $27.99, woot!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E48AYC/

Also, non-combo version now $19.99 from $24.99.
http://www.amazon.com/go/product/B001HN6940/
Well, for me, that's only good news if the B&M stores near me also decide to go that low for a release day price.

If the $10 coupon is surely coming, I can't see any chance I'll be keeping my order with Amazon.
dolphinboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.