DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   BN.com 3 BR for $20 (limited selection) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/573002-bn-com-3-br-%2420-limited-selection.html)

deckel 04-28-10 09:12 AM

BN.com 3 BR for $20 (limited selection)

As part of their 3 for $20 dvd sale, there are a few Blu-Ray discs included. Go to the sale page (complete list of included titles) and then enter "blu-ray" in the search box at the left (not at the top). The web page it led me to with the 14 blu-rays included (ie link) is:
http://btobproductsearch.barnesandno...8&SRT=R&SZE=10

As noted below by LASERMOVIES, "the 3 for $20 discount works fine if you check out through the regular B&N.com web site but for some reason will not activate through any of the bookstore links like military.com", and may not activate if using the link above. Therefore use the link to review the list, but you may need to re-enter bn.com directly when ready to place your order.

TGM 04-28-10 09:21 AM

Re: BN.com 3 BR for $20 (limited selection)

careful, 2010 is listed as DVD.

Also, the movie "Breed" is fucking awful.

rexinnih 04-28-10 09:58 AM

Cool, I can finally get that copy of LiLo's Labor Pains. Now to find two other comparable discs in that selection to take full advantage. (sarcasm just in case anyone is missing it)

Jason Bovberg 04-28-10 11:29 AM

Well, The Proposition is in there, and it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Also, Paris je t'aime is worth a purchase. After that, there is a dropoff. :)

gryffinmaster 04-28-10 11:38 AM

The Proposition and Transsiberian are well worth the $20 tag alone, though you'll have to make due with only a healthy Dolby Digital 5.1 track for Transsiberian. For kicks and giggles, I'd throw in Priceless or War, Inc -- both of which I really enjoyed, for what they are.

kenbenobi 04-28-10 12:38 PM

Great deal for Dog Soldiers if you can find 3 you want. I bought several of these at Target for $5 with the coupon a few months ago... I know nothing about Ninja or Priceless. Can anyone recommend those?

Kedrix 04-28-10 01:18 PM

Hrmmm, well I went through the list (even dvd side), selected the following:

The Contract (Blu-Ray)
The Proposition (Blu-Ray)
Evening with Kevin Smith (DVD)

all listed as 3 for 20....however the sale price of $6.66 a piece is not triggering. It looks like a valid deal as it is listed on their dvd page, but not working like it should :(

b2net 04-28-10 01:19 PM

I didn't realize the deal was evil.

Kedrix 04-28-10 01:49 PM

NUMBER OF THE BEASTTTTTTT!!!!!! :rock::rock2:

Laser Movies 04-28-10 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 10129356)
Hrmmm, well I went through the list (even dvd side), selected the following:

The Contract (Blu-Ray)
The Proposition (Blu-Ray)
Evening with Kevin Smith (DVD)

all listed as 3 for 20....however the sale price of $6.66 a piece is not triggering. It looks like a valid deal as it is listed on their dvd page, but not working like it should :(

How are you accessing the web site? Are you trying to checkout through a bookstore link like military.com, or through the regular B&N.com portal? I found the 3 for $20 discount works fine if you check out through the regular B&N.com web site but for some reason will not activate through any of the bookstore links like military.com. It also works through Bing.com. However if you do not have a B&N membership watch out for shipping charges through B&N.com since the order total will be below the $25 minimum to qualify.

Kedrix 04-28-10 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES (Post 10129428)
How are you accessing the web site? Are you trying to checkout through a bookstore link like military.com, or through the regular B&N.com portal? I found the 3 for $20 discount works fine if you check out through the regular B&N.com web site but for some reason will not activate through any of the bookstore links like military.com. It also works through Bing.com. However if you do not have a B&N membership watch out for shipping charges through B&N.com since the order total will be below the $25 minimum to qualify.

THANK YOU Sir :) I cleared out my cookies and went straight to the page and now it is showing up fine. I went to the link at the top which I guess is what was the problem. So...for those having trouble; go straight to the Barnes & Noble site and do it that way. Anyway, off to go find a $5 graphic novel so it meets the free shipping criteria. Thanks again.

Kedrix 05-05-10 07:51 AM

If anybody is curious, I got my 2 packages (shipped from 2 different locations) yesterday. Everything looks fine, BN uses those boxes that really can't be re-used but the merchandise is a-ok :D