Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Gladiator and Braveheart Rebate Rip offs!

Old 04-21-10, 07:35 PM
Cool New Member

Gladiator and Braveheart Rebate Rip offs!

I hate rebates. I really do. I read the stupid rules twice and double check prior to sending it in. I sometimes save a copy of everything I submit. Well I didn't this time. Anyway, got a postcard notice back on the above mentioned rebates and was told I didn't include a receipt for either one and therefore cannot get the $10 rebate. The card said they would give me ten days to fix this but somehow I'm thinking I'll get another card back saying they received my receipts on the 11th day. I ordered from Amazon so I already went back and printed off receipts and sent it back. I'm sure I submitted them last time also as I remember printing them off.

Anyone else have issues with their rebates or did you guys get your ten dollar rebates? I know rebates are designed with the idea that a certain percentage will never get around to sending it in and another percentage (apparently I fall into this one) do not send in all of the required items. But it is quite frustrating when you feel they are just out to screw you over.
Old 04-21-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: Gladiator and Braveheart Rebate Rip offs!

The company that does these Paramount rebates is kind of annoying, but I have gotten 6-7 from them, and about half had issues.

- Transformers, said they sent the check and never got it, requested a new one and actually got two a few weeks later
- Godfather set, no problems that I remember
- Gladiator, checked the status online and they had the wrong address, e-mailed them and they fixed it (it takes them days to respond though)
- Braveheart - had to ask when my check would be sent and they finally did send it
- Forrest Gump, 4 week turnaround no issues

I am not sure why these have so many glitches but they are actually very nice when they e-mail you back and to their credit I've gotten all my rebates (and an extra check).

Check the status online:

http://www.cmspromocheck.com/
Old 04-21-10, 07:44 PM

No problems here. I just got my three $10 rebates checks today. It was for Gladiator, Braveheart and It's A Wonderful Life. I also got an email about 2-3 weeks ago saying that my rebate was processed and the checks were in the mail.
Old 04-21-10, 07:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Willh51 View Post
.......to their credit I've gotten all my rebates (and an extra check).
Glad you have received your money. I'm not much of a conspiracy person but was beginning to think that no matter what I sent in they would deny it so they didn't have to pay out! Like the rest of the world I'm sure, I much prefer instant rebates or coupons!
Old 04-21-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check the status online:

Thanks for the link. Checked mine and they were mailed last week.
Old 04-21-10, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got mine for Braveheart, Gladiator and It's a Wonderful Life with no hitches a couple months ago. Last year, I had a problem with the ones for The Truman Show & Event Horizon. They sent me a couple postcards saying I didn't include the UPCs. I called and spoke to someone, explained that I did include them and they said it looked like a mistake and fixed it without me having to send anything else in. I'd call if you're having problems.
Old 04-21-10, 08:01 PM
Banned

You made a thread about your specific issue of hate? Isn't there a thread on here about the rebates anyway?
Old 04-21-10, 08:17 PM

I for one appreciate this thread because I had sent one in for Gladiator back in December. According to the link they sent a check to me in February, but for some reason the post office returned it to them. I had just assumed my purchase didn't qualify, or I didn't submit it in time, or something was missing (which, according to the fine print as I recall, a register receipt was needed...and an Amazon receipt did not technically fulfill that). Anyway, we'll see if they send me a replacement check.

Peter

Promotion Details

Date Posted 12/18/2009

Date Mailed 2/8/2010

Thank you for your submission for $10.00 MIR W/PURCH OF SAME TITLE OF QUALIFYING MOV.
Your request was returned to us on 2/24/2010 .
Old 04-21-10, 09:06 PM

Never had an issue myself and have submitted for six of them
Old 04-21-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've had no problems with the 5 I've sent in.
Old 04-21-10, 09:26 PM

I never send it any rebates, its not that I do not want the money or I have a "put your words here". I just never got any of them for years, not even a postcard. I just stop. Wait, Costco. I did get them everything, I'm sorry.
Old 04-21-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by drq2 View Post
I never send it any rebates, its not that I do not want the money or I have a "put your words here". I just never got any of them for years, not even a postcard. I just stop. Wait, Costco. I did get them everything, I'm sorry.
ummm....??
Old 04-21-10, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by drq2 View Post
Old 04-21-10, 11:46 PM

I've gotten Godfather, Gladiator, and Braveheart rebates. I sent all 3 in at once. They put 09 instead of 08 the girl told me at the customer service told me for Godfather and that is why they claimed it wasn't valid in the status on the website. She said give it 2 weeks and call back. I forgot and got it in the mail a month later. So seems like they look for an reason to deny and the people inputting aren't that bright. But that is expected.
Old 04-21-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
I for one appreciate this thread because I had sent one in for Gladiator back in December. According to the link they sent a check to me in February, but for some reason the post office returned it to them. I had just assumed my purchase didn't qualify, or I didn't submit it in time, or something was missing (which, according to the fine print as I recall, a register receipt was needed...and an Amazon receipt did not technically fulfill that). Anyway, we'll see if they send me a replacement check.

Peter

Promotion Details

Date Posted 12/18/2009

Date Mailed 2/8/2010

Thank you for your submission for $10.00 MIR W/PURCH OF SAME TITLE OF QUALIFYING MOV.
Your request was returned to us on 2/24/2010 .

I have the exact same issue. I called them last week and they are going to process the rebate again. Said it would take 2-3 weeks to do so.
Old 04-22-10, 12:43 AM

nice bargain. In for 2. (I actually got rebate checks for both Gladiator and Braveheart without problems recently.)
Old 04-22-10, 02:20 AM

I sent in for Transformers, Braveheart, and Gladiator. I got the e-mail that they received them and where I could check the status. I did think that was cool. You don't see too many rebates where you can check the status. But I sent them in December (I bought them on Black Friday) and the e-mail came in late January. I never got an e-mail saying that the checks were sent out and I just forgot about it.
The other day I received a rebate for something else I bought a couple of months ago and it reminded me. I checked the status of the rebate and it said they were returned back in February. I noticed that on my address they didn't put in my apartment #. So I called them and sure enough they didn't enter my apartment # on any of them. They said they would cancel the previous checks and send out new ones. This thread reminded me to check the status again. There are now double the entries on the website. They all have my address without the apartment #, but said it was reissued and the check mailed on 4/19. It's possible that the online system still just has the original address, but their internal system has the apartment #. So we'll see. I don't think I would call this a rip-off, but they do seem to have lousy data entry people working for them.
Old 04-22-10, 07:01 AM

I got my rebates for both of these pretty qickly and with no probelms. One of the best rebates I've dealt with.
Old 04-22-10, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't able to submit the Gladiator rebate because the package for the extended edition dvd has no UPC. Apparently, it was only on a paper insert boogered to the back of the box.
Old 04-22-10, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have received every Blu-ray upgrade rebate I've sent in, including Gladiator. Purchased this one for $10 during Black Friday. Sent in rebate, received it in about 8 weeks.

Would not have bought this one had it not been on-sale, and had a rebate basically making the title cost me nothing.
Old 04-22-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got mine no problem, but I agree, all too often I forgot to send the stuff in or it's wrong.
Old 04-22-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problems here for either. I paid $10 for each around X-Mas so after rebate and resale of original DVDs it turned out really nice! No problems with any of the Paramount rebates so far after about 7.
Old 04-22-10, 06:38 PM
Banned

I think a Mod can close this thread now.
Old 04-22-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Check the status online:

Now if we only had this for more of our Blu Rebates (LOST Blu anyone?)
Old 04-22-10, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my rebate checks today, what timing

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.