Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Old 04-03-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Originally Posted by akrate69 View Post
Being that TS3's release is still a ways off, I might wait to see if there's
a "double point day" before printing my tickets.
Were there any "double point days" in 2009 other than the 2 at the end of the year?
No - just two double point days - Nov 5, 2009 and Dec 10, 2009.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-03-10 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't want to wait to print my TS 3 movie coupons knowing how Disney has previously pulled other coupons and offers early, just as coupons.com will also yank particular coupons early. For me a TS3 coupon in the hand is better than 2 (rare) Double Points days "in the bush".

What's interesting is that after selecting my theater and seeing the message it must be used at that one, it doesn't mention a particular theater anywhere on the coupon.
Old 04-04-10, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
No - just two double point days - Nov 5, 2009 and Dec 10, 2009.

LB...
Ok, thanks.
Old 04-06-10, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
What's interesting is that after selecting my theater and seeing the message it must be used at that one, it doesn't mention a particular theater anywhere on the coupon.
Right. I'm pretty confident it can be used at any theater. The only restriction it listed was trying to use it for non-theater ticket purchases. I have no idea what theater I will be going to, much less who I'm taking, so I imagine it's more survey than restriction.
Old 04-06-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, I will print mine later tonight.

TS3 - Can't wait, the movie I want to see more than any other movie.
Old 04-07-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
Right. I'm pretty confident it can be used at any theater. The only restriction it listed was trying to use it for non-theater ticket purchases. I have no idea what theater I will be going to, much less who I'm taking, so I imagine it's more survey than restriction.
It's actually just to confirm that the theater you intend to go to accept these. In my area all byt one theater accept these tickets.
Old 04-09-10, 05:29 PM

Man - that was one of the most complicated "redemption" offers I've done.
I'm surprised they didn't ask for my social security number too.
Old 04-10-10, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by masetodd View Post
Man - that was one of the most complicated "redemption" offers I've done.
I'm surprised they didn't ask for my social security number too.
Don't worry, i'm sure they got your SSN as well without you knowing!!
Old 04-10-10, 10:55 AM
Cool New Member

This is so strange - are Showcase Cinemas not valid theaters for the offer?

I'm from Rhode Island, and all three Showcase locations are strangely absent on the select your theater list. However it lists tiny indie theaters that wouldn't in a million years be showing Toy Story 3.
Old 04-10-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the theater down the street from my house is a showcase cinema. I'm going to be very upset if they are not included.
Old 04-12-10, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by runner001 View Post
the theater down the street from my house is a showcase cinema. I'm going to be very upset if they are not included.
I think it was mentioned before that this is like a Visa card with a balance of $8.50. So long as it's a movie theater and accepts plastic, you should be set!
Old 04-12-10, 08:12 PM

Okay I put in the code for TS a couple of days ago and got my movie code & tonight I put in my TS2 code in and no movie code. What gives has this happen to anyone else?
Old 04-12-10, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tink313 View Post
Okay I put in the code for TS a couple of days ago and got my movie code & tonight I put in my TS2 code in and no movie code. What gives has this happen to anyone else?
Same here! I entered the TS2 code and received 125 points, but no code to redeem for a free ticket... What's up?
Old 04-12-10, 08:58 PM

Is there a chance that you can only get one TS3 code per DMR account, regardless of number of copies of TS or TS2 purchased?
Old 04-12-10, 09:02 PM
g

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I heard people on another board that had to log out after redeeming each ticket. Don't know if thats the solution from personal experience though.
Old 04-12-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra View Post
It's actually just to confirm that the theater you intend to go to accept these. In my area all byt one theater accept these tickets.
I'm pretty sure the tickets are restricted to the particular theater you choose, as the Movie Money website simply doesn't list theaters that don't accept their tickets.

I tried to find a theater in Toledo, Ohio because our family was going there in June and none were listed. I know for a fact that there are at least two 3D theaters, one in each of two different chain multiplexes.

So we changed our travel plans in order to get tickets to use here in Phoenix.

Now we've had to change our plans again and I've got two tickets I can't use.
Old 04-13-10, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by g View Post
I heard people on another board that had to log out after redeeming each ticket. Don't know if thats the solution from personal experience though.
not the solution for me though, only got 1 ticket though I bought two movies, not even sure how to resolve this.
Old 04-13-10, 01:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I seem to have gotten the code for the 2nd ticket. I haven't gone and done it yet since I'm giving it to somebody else who needs to confirm which theater he wants to go to, but I got the code and I did it right after I put in the TS1 code and printed up my ticket.
Old 04-14-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jon2 View Post
Now we've had to change our plans again and I've got two tickets I can't use.
Send your tickets this way and I'll pay for the paper you printed it on and the postage. :P

I'm pretty sure it's not restricted, as it has a credit card number with actual cash on the other side to back it up. Some small theaters may be jerks and try to deny it, but this isn't a send-in coupon. It's a money transfer.
Old 04-16-10, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by packaok View Post
Same here! I entered the TS2 code and received 125 points, but no code to redeem for a free ticket... What's up?
The same thing happened to me. I sent the following e-mail to Disney via the site's "contact us" link, picking "Getting Rewards" as the subject from the menu:

I purchased the Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray combo packs. Each contained a different code to redeem for a free movie ticket to Toy Story 3. I entered the first code (XXXXXXXXXXX) and received the code to redeem at the Hollywood Movie Money website. However when I entered the second code (XXXXXXXXXXX) I received a message that I had already redeemed the code. This is incorrect. I did not receive a second code to redeem at Hollywood Movie Money and I did not receive a second confirmation e-mail. I am still owed one free ticket. Please advise how this problem can be corrected.

A few days later I received this reply:

Thank you for your email. We are sorry you are having troubles submitting a request for points and would be happy to allow an exception for you to request points for your Missing Code.

You can fax your request to 888-832-6001, please include your proof of purchase and receipt so that we may process your request.

Once we receive your request for points, we will review and verify your submission in the order it is received. If the submission is approved, the points for the title will appear in your account. Please allow 2-3 weeks from the day you submit your request for points to appear in your account. Only one request for points per customer may be processed at a time, if multiple requests are required, please wait until the previous claim has been process before trying again.

Obviously the reply has nothing to do with what I asked. I doubt my message was even read by a human being. I re-sent my original e-mail this Sunday, this time picking "Other" from the subject heading menu. I have yet to receive a reply, though the site promises one within 3 business days.

There's nothing on the insert that says you can only redeem one code for a ticket. Since other people here & elsewhere have apparently been successful in redeeming two codes, I'm assuming this is some sort of technical glitch. Having never dealt with the Disney rewards site before, I'm not sure how responsive they are to problems of this type. Early results are not promising.
Old 04-16-10, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by matt0009 View Post
This is so strange - are Showcase Cinemas not valid theaters for the offer?

I'm from Rhode Island, and all three Showcase locations are strangely absent on the select your theater list. However it lists tiny indie theaters that wouldn't in a million years be showing Toy Story 3.
I picked Cinemaworld in the Lincoln Mall. It's a very nice theater and they always get the Disney movies.
Old 04-19-10, 09:05 AM

As of today, I've officially sent 27 emails to their customer (no) service and have yet to receive a response. I'm going to start flooding them with email every day. DMR is an absolute joke and this "promotion" is false advertising, to say the least. If they had meant 1 ticket per DMR account, then they should have made that clear.
Old 04-19-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Only one of my Toy Story BDs even mentioned the free ticket.
Old 04-19-10, 09:20 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 362 Likes on 251 Posts

27 emails! Wow. If someone emails me more than once a week I ignore them on purpose.
Old 04-19-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 425 Likes on 215 Posts

I entered my DMR codes for Toy Story 1 & 2 yesterday and had no problems printing both movie money certificates.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.