Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

Crap, I can't print the $10 coupons. Tried on 2 Macs and a PC. It says my printer or printer settings aren't supported. Not sure what to do. Oh well.
Old 03-24-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

Originally Posted by illennium
Crap, I can't print the $10 coupons. Tried on 2 Macs and a PC. It says my printer or printer settings aren't supported. Not sure what to do. Oh well.
Make sure you have a default printer set.
Old 03-24-10, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Make sure you have a default printer set.
I do. When I click "print coupons" I just get a blank screen.
Old 03-24-10, 11:37 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by JackBurton
Apologies if this has already been covered, but has anyone been able to print (2) movie tickets out? I assumed I would get one for purchasing each film (TS1 & TS2), but I only see one banner when logged into my account on the DMR site.

In anycase, thanks for the heads up on this great deal. I was able to use both $10 coupons and two $3 disney blu-ray coupons from DMR for a total of $9.xx for both films.
I printed out 2 movie tickets. TS1 and TS2 each had a unique code that I entered in on the website they listed. I entered the first code and printed the ticket. Then, entered the second code and printed the second ticket.

So, when TS3 hits the theaters, I can take a friend with me and we can both enjoy the film freeish( Ticket you print has value up to $8.50. I think ticket prices at the theater here are $9 or so). So, I may pay a small fee to get the actual admission. Plus, pop and snacks once I'm in will add to the theaters pocketbooks.
Old 03-24-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
I do. When I click "print coupons" I just get a blank screen.
Have you installed their crappy coupon printing software? Did you try using IE?
Old 03-24-10, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is the expiration date on the TS3 tickets that are printed? And is there an expiration date for when the codes must be redeemed by?
Old 03-24-10, 11:47 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
What is the expiration date on the TS3 tickets that are printed? And is there an expiration date for when the codes must be redeemed by?
I think the expiration date is Aug 31 on the ticket printout. But I am going by memory from looking at them last night.
Old 03-24-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vryce
I think the expiration date is Aug 31 on the ticket printout. But I am going by memory from looking at them last night.
Thanks. I don't want to print them out now, since I will surely lose them before the movie comes out in June...
Old 03-24-10, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Looks like you are proud that you committed fraud?
How did I commit fraud? The coupons were all legitimate and they were obtained legally. Unlike a lot of the folks on here I actually do have the original DVD set of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 so I do qualify for the upgrade discount.

Sounds like you are just disappointed that you weren't able to use both coupons. I guess you're too ignorant to realize that stores get reimbursed for these coupons and they are perfectly legitimate.

Last edited by BASISON; 03-24-10 at 01:07 PM. Reason: needed to add commentary
Old 03-24-10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by BASISON
How did I commit fraud? The coupons were all legitimate and they were obtained legally. Unlike a lot of the folks on here I actually do have the original DVD set of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 so I do qualify for the upgrade discount.

Sounds like you are just disappointed that you weren't able to use both coupons.
No, not at all. Target only allows the use of 1 manufacturer coupon, you used 2! It's that simple. The coupon reads that only one coupon allowed and not allowed in conjunction with another coupon, is that so hard to understand??? You ignored both to get a few extra bucks back. I am very happy Disney is giving us those coupons and you are the type that is never happy with what they get for free, some people always have to get more and they they bitch the most when no more coupons come when they get abused all the time!
Old 03-24-10, 01:32 PM

Again, Target is a STORE POLICY not a law. Read the coupon again...it never says one coupon per item. The $10 coupon is an offer....the $5 coupon is a completely different offer.....the $10 discount offered by the retailers is yet another different offer. At no place online or on the coupons does it say "not stackable." You aren't by any chance a mod at Blu-ray.com, are you?
Old 03-24-10, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by jpb07
Again, Target is a STORE POLICY not a law. Read the coupon again...it never says one coupon per item. The $10 coupon is an offer....the $5 coupon is a completely different offer.....the $10 discount offered by the retailers is yet another different offer. At no place online or on the coupons does it say "not stackable." You aren't by any chance a mod at Blu-ray.com, are you?

Boy oh boy, that's the spirit. Screw every company out of every penny you can get and then complain that the system is falling apart. Are you in the banking or insurance business?
Old 03-24-10, 01:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

DirkUSA, want some cheese with those sour grapes?
Old 03-24-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Thanks. I don't want to print them out now, since I will surely lose them before the movie comes out in June...
If you download the ticket as a .pdf file, you should be fine. If you choose to print directly from the web link, you only have a few days to do it before the link expires and your information is lost (read: forfeit).

Also, and forgive me if I've already mentioned this in this thread; I've lost track of what I've posted in which Toy Story thread at this point, but when you print your movie ticket, you might want to not cut it out. The terms of use are printed above the movie ticket, and the important one is:

"Valid at any showing including those designated as 'no coupons, no passes' in local theater listings." It's set up so that you're actually using what amounts to a Discover credit account with a maximum balance of $8.50, and it runs just like a credit card. I just know when I go to use the movie ticket, I'm going to run into that ticket taker who didn't get the memo about these and wants to prove that he/she has what it takes to be a crime-fighter.
Old 03-24-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I just know when I go to use the movie ticket, I'm going to run into that ticket taker who didn't get the memo about these and wants to prove that he/she has what it takes to be a crime-fighter.
Don't bring it to the ticket taker, bring it to the box office, who will process the $8.50 as a credit card transaction, then request any balance left not covered by the Movie Cash.
Old 03-24-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Boy oh boy, that's the spirit. Screw every company out of every penny you can get and then complain that the system is falling apart. Are you in the banking or insurance business?
If a company wants to allow someone to use a hundred coupons for ONE item that's their prerogative. Who the hell are you to get mad about it? Unless you're a stock holder in the company in question, this is pretty much a "STFU" moment.
Old 03-24-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you even bother to read the coupon before posting this response?

Originally Posted by EVERY DISNEY COUPON EVER
CONSUMER: Coupon must be presented to participating retailer at the time of purchase. Consumer must pay sales tax. Offer limited to stock on hand. No rain checks. Valid at participating retailers only.

RETAILER: Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. will reimburse you the face value of this coupon plus 8 cents handling if redeemed in compliance with our redemption policy (available upon request).

TERMS: Limit one coupon per specified item purchased. Any other use constitutes fraud. Coupon may not be reproduced, transferred or used in conjunction with any other offer.
It is Target's and Disney's policy. If you get Target to accept it, fine, but you are knowingly breaking both store and company policies.

Last edited by kstublen; 03-24-10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-24-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Limit one coupon per specified item purchased."

I guess it depends on your interpretation. Does it mean one of the specific coupon or one of any coupon. There's a big difference. I believe it means one of each specific coupon.
Old 03-24-10, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl

I guess it depends on your interpretation. Does it mean one of the specific coupon or one of any coupon. There's a big difference. I believe it means one of each specific coupon.
Even if you interpret that as only being allowed to use that particular coupon one time, the terms still say "Coupon may not be used in conjunction with any other offer," and another coupon is without question another offer.
Old 03-24-10, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
"Coupon may not be used in conjunction with any other offer,"
Does that mean we can't even use them with the offer in the ad for buying them together and saving 10 dollars?!?
Old 03-24-10, 03:15 PM

The $10 coupon is an offer....the $5 coupon is a completely different offer.
See, I think that's arguable.
Old 03-24-10, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl

I take that to mean one of ANY coupon per item. Or at least one Disney coupon per item.

I kind of think it's common sense, no? I think the people who are interpreting that as meaning anything else are just looking for loopholes to justify themselves saving more money... and I can't say I blame them. But I just think you get into some dishonest, shady territory there. (No law-breaking though.)
Old 03-24-10, 03:28 PM

I know the manager at one TRU down here and he knows the coupons. He told me that there is no fraud involved using a $5 and a $10 coupon. The $10 being for people who own the dvds and the $5 one is for any body. They are two completely different offers like jpb07 said.

He also said that using the $10 and the $8 upgrade email coupon together would be concidered fraud, because they're the same type of coupon, just different amounts.

Last edited by darkhawk; 03-24-10 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-24-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Don't bring it to the ticket taker, bring it to the box office, who will process the $8.50 as a credit card transaction, then request any balance left not covered by the Movie Cash.
I didn't mean to say "ticket taker." I meant the ticket seller (box office, as you put it). Obviously, the ticket taker is only interested in taking my ticket and has no interest in how it was purchased! As for receiving any balance remaining in the account after the transaction, I believe the terms of use forbid it. It's nowhere on the printout that I can see, but I think I read it in the online FAQ. In any event, after scoring each Blu-ray for $6.99 apiece, I think it would be disingenuous for me to then insist on getting paid to see Toy Story 3.
Old 03-24-10, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
I know the manager at one TRU down here and he knows the coupons. He told me that there is no fraud involved using a $5 and a $10 coupon. The $10 being for people who own the dvds and the $5 one is for any body. They are two completely different offers like jpb07 said.
Exactly. Now if you used the $10 and $8 upgrade coupons you might feel a slight pang of guilt but not for using the 5 and 10.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.