Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

I went to Target and used both $10 coupons. Didn't feel like wasting my time on my lunchbreak fighting with cashiers. $15.98 for both of these is more than acceptable for me. That and TRU is waaay out of my way (like 6 miles farther).

I would've used the Fry's ad but for some special reason they never print DVD/Blu prices in their ads here in Austin (only hardware/TVs)
Old 03-23-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

TRU didn't accept the additional $5 coupons, but I got them both for $16 which I was very satisfied with.
Old 03-23-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
TRU didn't accept the additional $5 coupons, but I got them both for $16 which I was very satisfied with.
I paid $6.99 plus taxes last week for P&TF and today i paid $5.88 after taxes for Toys Story 1 & 2 after $20 off coupon. 3 Blu Ray Movies Under $13 after taxes
Old 03-23-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to Target also and what a trip that was. I am handing the girl at the register my first $10 off coupon and she tells me that I don't need a coupon, "You are getting already $10 off" she says ......
I asked her to please scan the coupon and she first has to ask another cashier before she does. It sure enough scans and takes $10 off. Then I hand her the second $10 off coupon and ask her to please scan that one too. She looks at me like I am the devil but scans the damn thing and it again takes $10 off. I have to pay 18.96 with tax but then comes the best part. It took her, another cashier and a security guy, yes a security guy, 7 minutes to remove the security cases from my Discs. She then told me that it's because of the slipcovers and that they should have removed those before putting them in the security cases. I had to look through about 10 copies before I found 2 that weren't all bend inside the security case.
Old 03-23-10, 01:13 PM

Got mine first thing in the morning at Toys R Us. $5 bucks and change including tax they were both $3.98 pre-tax. I have to say I like my TRU they are very friendly. I guess they were keeping the blu-ray Toy Stories locked up in addition to having the plastic security case around them I guess they don't want anyone to steal these very expensive movies.
Old 03-23-10, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I didn't even realize this, but when I submitted the codes for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 at the Disney Rewards site, I then got two emails, both with a movie ticket code to watch Toy Story 3 for free. This deal couldn't have been any better.
Yes, this is why I was content paying about $8 per title and did not try to use the additional $5 off coupons, because factoring in the free movie cash, the TS1 and TS2 sets are free. I will be going to see TS3 with my son--that is a given. So the free movie cash is as good as cash to me. Here is the direct link to the promo:

http://disney.go.com/disneymovierewa...r_emc_movietix

Last edited by jeffrey r; 03-23-10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Went to Target also and what a trip that was. I am handing the girl at the register my first $10 off coupon and she tells me that I don't need a coupon, "You are getting already $10 off" she says ......
I asked her to please scan the coupon and she first has to ask another cashier before she does. It sure enough scans and takes $10 off. Then I hand her the second $10 off coupon and ask her to please scan that one too. She looks at me like I am the devil but scans the damn thing and it again takes $10 off. I have to pay 18.96 with tax but then comes the best part. It took her, another cashier and a security guy, yes a security guy, 7 minutes to remove the security cases from my Discs. She then told me that it's because of the slipcovers and that they should have removed those before putting them in the security cases. I had to look through about 10 copies before I found 2 that weren't all bend inside the security case.
I hate those stupid plastic things. They totally ruin slipcovers. Luckily, the only Blu-ray copy of Toy Story wasn't in one of the plastic cases and of the two Toy Story 2 Blu-ray cases, one of them wasn't in the plastic case. I really lucked out as both slipcovers were in good condition.
Old 03-23-10, 01:59 PM
Cool New Member

Today at the Jackson TN TRU:

+$16.99 TS1
+$16.99 TS2
-$10.00 TS1 DMR coupon
-$10.00 TS2 DMR coupon
-$5.00 TS1 magic coupon
-$5.00 TS2 magic coupon
=
$1.99 TS1
$1.99 TS2
$3.31 TN tax 9.75% on original merch total
FINAL
$7.29

Best deal yet!
Old 03-23-10, 02:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I love how the mods on blu-ray.com have shut down the toy story threads because of people complaining about using "too many" coupons.
Old 03-23-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone have any luck at Wal-Mart?
Old 03-23-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Anyone have any luck at Wal-Mart?
My wife and I went a little after midnight. I've already related the tale in two of the numerous threads, but the end result was that we were able to successfully price-match Toys "R" Us's advertised $16.99 apiece if bought together, and add both $10.00 Disney Movie Rewards coupons, bringing them to $6.99 each. The total, with tax, was $16 and change.
Old 03-23-10, 02:31 PM

A big thanks to everyone who posted coupons and continuously updated these offers.

I got both for $6 and change (including tax). A guy was in Toys R Us ahead of me and got two sets of the Blu-ray discs (4 total). I attempted to do the same because I printed out two copies of each coupon, but the lady came out and told me that they only had one copy of TS2 (code for the people in the stock room saying 'girl, don't put out ALL the Blu-rays! Sarah, Beth and Ann want to buy one and I do, too!').

I was fine with that. I ended up giving the cashier the extra coupons because she asked where she could get them online and she was so nice to me.

I also noticed that each set has a movie ticket to see Toy Story 3, so this was an amazing deal!
Old 03-23-10, 02:42 PM

Here's the story of my Toy Story BD adventure:

I went into my local TRU (Omaha) an hour after they opened and after a little searching (it was my first time in this location) I found the movies BUT they were all in the DVD packaging. I asked the cashier if they had any in Blu-ray cases, he said that these were the only type that they received. Grumbling to myself, I made my purchase, and pulled out my four coupons. BUT the cashier decided to read the fine print and noticed the phrase "one coupon per item," and asked me which one I wanted to use, and used the $10 one.

After, like any good member of this forum, I made my way over to the target next store, purchased both of them in BD packaging (using the $5 coupon) and walked out for 15 minutes, came back in and returned the DVD packaging. A little work but totally worth it in the end for $17.
Old 03-23-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I keep reading posts in various threads about how determined buyers are to stack coupons atop store promo discounts and get these for what amounts to just a couple of bucks apiece. I thought it might amuse some of you--especially newer members--to take a look at the thread for the last time Toy Story 2 hit DVD.

Last edited by Travis McClain; 03-23-10 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by biglou114
Here's the story of my Toy Story BD adventure:

After, like any good member of this forum, I made my way over to the target next store, purchased both of them in BD packaging (using the $5 coupon) and walked out for 15 minutes, came back in and returned the DVD packaging. A little work but totally worth it in the end for $17.
I'm surprised they took them back on account of the different SKUs.
Old 03-23-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I keep reading posts in various threads about how determined buyers are to stack coupons atop store promo discounts and get these for what amounts to just a couple of bucks apiece. I thought it might amuse some of you--especially newer members--to take a look at the thread for the last time Toy Story 2 hit DVD.
That was a good read. Funny thing is, you can still get pretty close to those prices on the used market for the same title on DVD.
Old 03-23-10, 03:17 PM

Target worked for me. Price matched Fry's @ $19.99 each. Combo purchase, and two DMR $10 coupons later, and I am out the door for $12.74. Do wish they would have tried the additional $3 BR Target coupons, but $6 each is awesome.
Thanks OP!
Old 03-23-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was able to get TRU to accept the $5 and $10 coupons for both Toy Story blu-rays. Initially they refused but I was able to talk them into it. I told the manager the $10 coupon was for upgrading from the regular DVDs and required giving a UPC to print the coupon, while the $5 required no information to print, and was for anyone purchasing the DVDs. He then told the cashier to see if the coupons would scan and let me have them for $1.99 each. Great deal!
Old 03-23-10, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I stopped in my TRU and went to grab the 2 copies off the floor but they only had TS1 in the BD packaging I couldn't find TS2 in BD packaging. So I grabbed the DVD case for TS2 and went to the counter but they sent me to the customer service counter. I was told to put those back because they had them behind the counter. She said they were short on supply of the BDs, but they had both of them behind the counter in BD packaging. The girl knew I had coupons, so I assume plenty of people were in there using them. I offered the $5 coupons to the lady in front of me but she also had the $10 coupons. She scanned them and it came out to something like $17 and I asked her if she included the $10 deposit I had already put down and she hadn't. So it came out to $6 + change.

Not bad at all. $16 for 2 BDs and then $20 off a $30 BD as well. Great deal if you ask me.
Old 03-23-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Target gladly tried to scan both 10 and 5 dollar coupons, but the system wouldn't allow it. I'm fine with it. Two Blu-rays and 2 movie tickets for a little over 16 bucks is unreal.
Old 03-23-10, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I'm surprised they took them back on account of the different SKUs.
I was worried about that too at first, but I didn't go pointing that out. When returning the person there was having trouble scanning them back into the system, then called the manager over to help. Because she recognized me from earlier [she had to help my earlier cashier get the plastic coverings off the blus] didn't even bat an eye and just typed the SKUs directly from the receipt, and refunded me.
Old 03-23-10, 04:31 PM

The mods over at blu-ray.com need to pull the panties out of their arses. They were probably the ones that were hitting up stores at 8am this morning with multiple coupons just to resell at a profit. Site Wars are generally stupid so I'm hesitant to even comment on how they're not even close to being in the same league as this site.
Old 03-23-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will really be pissed if I go there after work and they don't have any left. I did preorder so I hope they did reserve a couple.
Old 03-23-10, 05:09 PM

Got in for a set at Target for $8.41 total. The clerk had to manually overide the $5 coupons but it wasn't an issue. Awesome deal!
Old 03-23-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am fairly confident that all Targets will be sold out of both Toy Stories by the end of the day... They'll get more in, of course, but they will sell out...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.