Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Old 03-22-10, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

Hooah! Went the Toys R' Us route and got "Pixar Short Films" Blu collection for ten bucks, after the fifteen plus the phantom five came off. Thanks to you guys of course, keep up the good work troops!
Old 03-22-10, 05:51 PM
Banned

Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

i grabbed witch mountain on blu ray..20.00 off so 14.00 isnt bad. now lets see if they take my 4 coupons for 0 dollars or maybe 3 for 4.99 for 2 blu rays lol
Old 03-22-10, 06:04 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Imprint
Print out the $10 off each coupons linked in the first post of this thread, if you will only be using one coupon for each title (Target). See Post #12 in this thread for UPC codes.
Thanks for keeping me sane! You, too, BuckNaked2k!
Old 03-22-10, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped in a TRU on the way home today. I saw the Toy Story pre-order cards you have to take to the register for them to scan, but nowhere on the card did it say you save $10 if you buy BOTH movies. It just mentioned the $15 towards another title.

I wonder if they will try to say that the $15 towards another movie was your discount for buying both movies with pre-order and you do not still get the $10 off when you pick them up.
Old 03-22-10, 06:55 PM
Banned

it says on their weekly add that if bought together you can the additional 10.00 off...now use your coupons wisely and you should come out with a hell of a deal
Old 03-22-10, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I stopped in a TRU on the way home today. I saw the Toy Story pre-order cards you have to take to the register for them to scan, but nowhere on the card did it say you save $10 if you buy BOTH movies. It just mentioned the $15 towards another title.

I wonder if they will try to say that the $15 towards another movie was your discount for buying both movies with pre-order and you do not still get the $10 off when you pick them up.
At the TRU I was at it said right in front of the cards on a piece of paper hanging on the shelf that they were $16.99 each if bought together.
Old 03-22-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Enoki
Thank you so much for clarifying, and to everyone else, too.

I didn't know there was a difference with Snow White, because I purchased that from Amazon, and they sent me the Blu-ray box.
Actually, there were two seperate listings on Amazon when Snow White was released. One that said "Blu-Ray Packaging" and another that said "DVD Packaging"

Actually, it's still there, see:
BD: http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-T...9303577&sr=8-2

DVD: http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-T...9303577&sr=8-4

Really it's basically just a scam by Disney to get people that didn't have a Blu-Ray player to buy the BD, because they released the BD 6 weeks ahead of the DVD.
Old 03-22-10, 07:25 PM

At the TRU in Times Square today, when I added in a 3rd Disney DVD to my TS1 and TS2 preorder, they would only give me the $15 off that was indicated on the preorder card. I think the computer was trying to give me the $20 off.
Old 03-22-10, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker

I haven't seen the Toys R Us display, so this is purely speculation on my part. I'm guessing the pre-order cards were printed months ago, long before they had any idea what they were going to charge. It says right in their ad that they are $16.99 each ($10 off) if purchased together.
Old 03-22-10, 08:37 PM

Just got back from a last minute run. Only got the $15 off. I got 'A Bug's Life' bluray.
Old 03-22-10, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by theflicker
Just got back from a last minute run. Only got the $15 off. I got 'A Bug's Life' bluray.
I went back and placed a second pre-order and received the $20 discount which I used to get Spirited Away. I've wanted it for awhile and they had it for $20 which is close to the best price I've seen.
Old 03-22-10, 08:57 PM

I only got the $15 off also, but gave them the $5 PATF coupon. I didn't bring the $10 PATF coupon because it expired yesterday (03/21, I see a few here used it today). I only wanted the 1-disc version, but they didn't have it.
Old 03-22-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
No! Use the $10 off "upgrade" coupons. You just need to enter the UPC from the TS DVDs to print these out. The $8 mail-away coupons with clipped UPCs are a PITA, and won't arrive in time.
Many thanks to you and the other helpful members who explained the $10 coupons to me. I am not much of a Disney guy (other than Pixar), haven't really set foot in a Toys R Us since I was a kid, and just recently got a Blu-Ray player, so I'm new to TRU/Disney madness. All of the coupons and their various requirements are a bit confusing.

Anyway, today I went to the local TRU (a 2-mile walk). Initially, I feared the worst: the movie aisle looked like a tornado made up of a hundred Adderall-addled children had swept through it. It looked like a warzone. And there were crying, sniveling children everywhere. Surprisingly, given the condition of the store, the employees were both helpful and knowledgeable (and patient! One woman displayed saintly patience while an ESL couple tried to use four coupons and promos, some expired, to buy a box of Pampers). They went right in the back of the store and brought out a Blu-Ray copy of Ponyo on the first try (points for knowing the movie, and points for the right format).

In the end, I got Ponyo for $10 and will get Toy Story 1 and 2 for $7 each, with movie cash that will make a good dent in some Toy Story 3 tickets. Considering it would cost over $30 for my girlfriend and me just to see Toy Story 3 around here, I'm very happy with the deal.
Old 03-22-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay. My brain is starting to hurt. I decided to go the Target route since TRU is at least 30 minutes away and I didn't want to make two trips. I have the two $5 coupons for each, but I'm now confused over the $10 off coupons. I thought I read that the $10 coupons aren't yet active, but it seems as if some people in this thread have them already.

Based on the first post, this is the link: http://disney.eprize.net/moviereward.../toystory1and2. Is this correct? If so, where do you enter the UPC codes?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by akrate69
I only got the $15 off also, but gave them the $5 PATF coupon. I didn't bring the $10 PATF coupon because it expired yesterday (03/21, I see a few here used it today). I only wanted the 1-disc version, but they didn't have it.
The coupon was renewed at princessandthefrogcoupon.com for another week ending 3/28. That is how people were able to use it today.

Here's a compiled list of all DVD and Blu-ray coupons, if anyone is interested.
Old 03-22-10, 10:36 PM
Banned

The 10.00 coupons are active on thr Disney rewards page. You type in the upc number and they appear..and you print
Old 03-22-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

Amazing deal....I'll try my hand at TRU with both the $10 and the $5 coupons, and if that doesn't work, then I'll hit up the Target on the way back with just the $10 coupons. Either way I will be getting this for an insane deal. Thanks Sweet Baby James for the codes (not that I don't have TS1 on VHS but it's hard to access right now. ), and to the people that did the math numerous times...just seeing all those minus signs and low numbers gets me pumped to get this.
Old 03-22-10, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I was pretty lucky getting the $20 off my purchase at TRU. I even made a point to make sure the $15 came off when I preordered and the girl looked at the screen after she scanned everything and told me "Yeah it came off" not realizing it gave me $20. I worked at TRU for a short while and I think when a discount comes off it says exactly how much is taken off, so it should have shown $15 plus an additional $5 which is why I'm assuming some people are making the mistake. But whatever, I don't care.

I just hope all goes well tomorrow trying to use both $10 coupons.
Old 03-22-10, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVDude!
Okay. My brain is starting to hurt. I decided to go the Target route since TRU is at least 30 minutes away and I didn't want to make two trips. I have the two $5 coupons for each, but I'm now confused over the $10 off coupons. I thought I read that the $10 coupons aren't yet active, but it seems as if some people in this thread have them already.

Based on the first post, this is the link: http://disney.eprize.net/moviereward.../toystory1and2. Is this correct? If so, where do you enter the UPC codes?

Thanks!
Enter the code here after logging into your account.

Old 03-22-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDude!
I have the two $5 coupons for each, but I'm now confused over the $10 off coupons. I thought I read that the $10 coupons aren't yet active, but it seems as if some people in this thread have them already.

Thanks!
That is the correct link. You need to log in or join up if you're not yet a member (it's free and takes about 15 seconds).

Once in, just enter the UPC for each TS DVD or VHS (one at a time) in the "enter code" box. A banner will appear on a new page allowing you to print each $10 coupon two times.

The coupons are available now, although not technically active until the stores open tomorrow.
Old 03-22-10, 11:07 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone going to Walmart tonight to see if they will pricematch target or bestbuy with the buy both get 10.00 off deal? My closest bestbuy/target/toysrus is 40 minutes away!
Old 03-22-10, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by nando820
I took Trevor's advice and pre-ordered TS1 and TS2 at Toys R Us and got $20 credit which I used to get BOLT on blu-ray. Lets hope is a good movie now, sucks they didn't have "A Bugs Life" or "PATF" but still is a hella of a deal

Then I went to Half-Price next door and used my 40% coupon to get The Godfather Blu-Ray Coppola Restoration for $37.00
How the hell are people getting 20$ off rather than 15? I thought you get 15 off another movie.
Old 03-22-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Idioteque...
How the hell are people getting 20$ off rather than 15? I thought you get 15 off another movie.
Not exactly sure. When they scan everything there's an additional $5 Disney Promo discount.
Old 03-22-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

It appears to be a glitch. I pre-ordered one set when Ponyo came out and got $15 off. I pre-ordered another set when PATF came out and got $20 off.
Old 03-23-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Alright; I just returned from Walmart. It took an act of Congress, but I was finally able to get a CSM to approve the price-match to Toys R Us at $16.99 apiece for purchasing both, then applied the $10.00 off coupons. Is it the $1.98 total that some have reported for pre-ordering at TRU? Nah. But at least I've got 'em both in Blu-ray cases with slipcovers and I don't have to worry about small quantities at Target, or the hassle of going to TRU.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.