Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

Originally Posted by zdzjxh
Hello,
I preordered Toy 1 and 2 from TRU and still waiting for the Blu-ray case version. What is involved in cancelling the preorder? Can anyone elaborate? I am tempted to just buy it from Target with price match rather than wait for TRU to restock.
When I canceled a pre-order at Best Buy, I just took my card and receipt in and told the person at customer service that I was no longer interested in buying the title and would like my money refunded. 2 minutes later, I had my money back. Easy, peasy, japaneasy.
Old 03-26-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Save $10.00 off Toy Story & Toy Story 2 Blu-rays when you upgrade from DVD or VHS

The Targets here restocked this morning, this time with both movies in Blu-Ray cases, whereas before, they only had the first movie in Blu-Ray cases.
Old 03-26-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
The Targets here restocked this morning, this time with both movies in Blu-Ray cases, whereas before, they only had the first movie in Blu-Ray cases.
The one near where I work had both in Blu-ray cases on Tuesday.
Old 03-26-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the heads up OP. I picked up my copy of each on blu-ray from Target this afternoon. The cashier at Target looked somewhat skeptical of my printed coupon, but took it anyway. (I only used one...never owned TS2, and didn't feel right trying to use both...but that's just me).
Old 03-26-10, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by zdzjxh
Hello,
I preordered Toy 1 and 2 from TRU and still waiting for the Blu-ray case version. What is involved in cancelling the preorder? Can anyone elaborate? I am tempted to just buy it from Target with price match rather than wait for TRU to restock.
Go to Customer Service with your pre-order card and tell them you want to cancel. They'll put the money back on your credit card right there. There shouldn't be any issues.

For me, it was more difficult trying to make my purchase than it was to ultimately cancel it.
Old 03-26-10, 04:04 PM

Cfmorman13,
On your preorder of Toy 1 & 2, they actually gave us a $15 instant off on buying another Disney Title with the $10 preorder deposit. How did TRU account for that? or, they just gave you back the money you had paid without any fuss?
Old 03-26-10, 04:40 PM

Fry's electronic has TS1 and TS2 $19.99 each. Does Fry's take coupons?
Old 03-26-10, 05:09 PM

I have never had luck with Frys taking manufacturer coupon. If there is a Target near by, I know Target will price match competitor and take the two $10 coupon for Toy 1 and toy 2.
Old 03-26-10, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
I know the manager at one TRU down here and he knows the coupons. He told me that there is no fraud involved using a $5 and a $10 coupon. The $10 being for people who own the dvds and the $5 one is for any body. They are two completely different offers like jpb07 said.

He also said that using the $10 and the $8 upgrade email coupon together would be concidered fraud, because they're the same type of coupon, just different amounts.
Boom. There you go.

All these fraud accusations make my head hurt. I had no idea there were so many lawyers on this board.
Old 03-26-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You should post on Blu-ray.com's forums then. It's ridiculous. I got suspended for expressing my opinion.
Old 03-26-10, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hates Blu-ray.com forum.
Old 03-26-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my TRU pre-orders today using coupons (won't go into great detail for the sake of humanity and morality). TS1, TS2, Blind Side BD for $16.97 out the door + PATF BD for $9.99 this past Monday. 4 BD's for $26.96. Thanks to all for the coupons and various deal sharing!
Old 03-26-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I managed to pick a crabby old lady cashier who refused to even try and scan the $5 & $10 coupons, so I ended up spending $18.14 OTD. Some are reporting success in going back and seeing CSR for the other $5 coupons, but even if that doesn't work, it's hard to whine about getting BDs of a pair of great movies the week they come out for less than $10 a pop, not even counting that my TS3 tix are covered to boot.
Old 03-27-10, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
I hates Blu-ray.com forum.

Its not that bad. I''ve only been on there 2 weeks and only received 1 Mod warning so far.
Old 03-27-10, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by edclem
Thanks for the heads up OP. I picked up my copy of each on blu-ray from Target this afternoon. The cashier at Target looked somewhat skeptical of my printed coupon, but took it anyway. (I only used one...never owned TS2, and didn't feel right trying to use both...but that's just me).
Even if you didn't feel right using both of the $10 coupons intended for "upgrades", you could've used that $5 TS2 coupon which was available to everyone.
Old 03-27-10, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Toy Story 10th Anniversary 786936294507

Toy Story 2 786936294521
THANK YOU!

I own the box set of 1+2 on DVD and it only would give me the coupon for 1.

now who do I write to at Disney to tell them how stupid it is to have to install an application to print a coupon?
Old 03-27-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I printed my two tickets for Toy Story 3 this morning and noticed it is just a Discover gift card for 8.50. Will these work anywhere that takes Discover? Has anyone tried? I saw the post on fatwallet but did not see the answer yet.
Old 03-27-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it me or does the coupon link no longer work?
Old 03-27-10, 01:11 PM

You can only print out 2 coupons per combo. That's the limit for most of the 'upgrade' coupons, including that Snow White Diamond Edition.
Old 03-27-10, 02:28 PM

I printed the $10 upgrade coupons at http://disney.go.com/disneymovierewa...rade_wdshetest (one for "Toy Story" and one for "Toy Story 2").

Then I took them to my local B&M Target. The movies were $22.99 each, but if you bought both on the same receipt, the second one rung up as $12.99. The subtotal was $35.98. Then, the cashier rang up each of my $10 coupons. Subtotal was $15.98.

So, I got both of the Toy Story blu-ray movies for $18.77 (including tax). Which isn't too bad considering I sold my old "Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box" DVD collection for about $19 at half.com.

Now, finally, I went to http://disney.go.com/disneymovierewa...etix_wdshetest , entered the disney movie rewards code (found on the inside of the new "Toy Story" blu-ray movies), and printed my free "Toy Story 3" movie tickets!
Old 03-27-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I took the two $10 coupons to TRU. They just got a shipment in. they had none on the shelf. was talking with the guy and we laughed about the coupons because they took both in the past. i had both but i wasn't going to try. he said his store got reamed b/c they were taking 2 on other titles in the past and they lost a shit ton of money. Out the door, was $16 and change. awesome deal.
Old 03-27-10, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
I printed my two tickets for Toy Story 3 this morning and noticed it is just a Discover gift card for 8.50. Will these work anywhere that takes Discover? Has anyone tried? I saw the post on fatwallet but did not see the answer yet.
They should. If they can't process the number, you can actually send a letter to the Hollywood Movie Money company about what happened (no e-mail, you have to mail them a letter to an address listed on their site). You have to send the receipt, the admission certificate and ticket stub along with the letter. A similar thing happened when I tried using one for "National Treasure 2" three years ago -- in two weeks, the company sent me a check for the amount I paid on the ticket plus a free Hollywood Movie Money ticket (the ones that the theaters treat like cash, not a credit card).

They probably still do that. You can't beat excellent customer service like that.
Old 03-27-10, 03:28 PM

Thanks to everyone for the heads up on the Target deal and the Disney coupons! I just got both today for $18.44 out the door! Now I just gotta print out the movie tickets.

Before I do, can anyone tell me if there is any sort of expiration date on the printed tickets? I know it opens June 18th, but we won't be going to see it until July 4th (it's the wifes birthday, kind of a tradition to see a movie when everyone else is at the fireworks.) Also, can these be used for the 3D version?

Thanks
Old 03-27-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally found out what happens when you have coupons worth more than the cost of the items this week at Toys R Us....

(Back story: Last Tuesday the 16th, I had pre-ordered both TS titles to take advantage of the $15 off any other Disney title with "The Princess And The Frog" BD combo pack....long story short, the cashier rang it up incorrectly, and I ended up walking out with the POTF BD and both TS pre-orders for only $2.59 after tax...)

Anyway, I went back to the TRU store on Tuesday to pick up the two BD-sized case Toy Story releases, which luckily they had correctly set aside in a back room for the pre-order (sorry to hear about other people who incorrectly got the DVD packaging)....I had both $10 off coupons for each title ready to go, and fully expected to pay the $1.99 + tax price for each after everything was accounted for (16.99 price each for buying both - $5 off for the pre-order deposit - $10 off manufacturer coupon)....turns out their computer systems were for some reason taking an additional $5 off when the pre-order cards were scanned for the remaining balance! That left them with only $18.98 as a remaining balance BEFORE the $20 in manufacturers coupons were used! The cashier said that they were taking both coupons, but could only use $8.98 of value (from the $10) on the second coupon, as sales tax still needed to be paid....bottom line: I only had to pay $1.20 in sales tax, and I was out the door with both for essentially "free"!!

So in two weeks at TRU, I got three BD combos for a grand total of $3.79 in cash out of pocket....I don't think it will be possible for me to get any better deal the rest of 2010....
Old 03-27-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SRGilbert
Thanks to everyone for the heads up on the Target deal and the Disney coupons! I just got both today for $18.44 out the door! Now I just gotta print out the movie tickets.

Before I do, can anyone tell me if there is any sort of expiration date on the printed tickets? I know it opens June 18th, but we won't be going to see it until July 4th (it's the wifes birthday, kind of a tradition to see a movie when everyone else is at the fireworks.) Also, can these be used for the 3D version?

Thanks
The Hollywood Movie Money vouchers are good through 8-31-2010. You can use them for 2D or 3D (just have to pay the difference in price over the $8.50 value).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.