DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Twilight Saga: New Moon coupons from Red Plum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/571017-twilight-saga-new-moon-coupons-red-plum.html)

Travis McClain 03-18-10 01:15 PM

Twilight Saga: New Moon coupons from Red Plum

I could care less about it personally, but here are some coupons.

$5 off DVD

$10 off Blu-ray

$3 off Twilight in Forks Documentary

Edit: I have now printed these, and the fine print informs you that you also have to purchase either Astro Boy, [/]Bandslam[/i] or Twilight in Forks for the DVD coupon and two of those three(!) for the Blu-ray coupon. There is another coupon that gives you $16 off if you buy all four titles on either DVD or Blu-ray.

dkedvd 03-20-10 08:03 AM

Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon coupons from Red Plum

Just used the $16.00 off coupon to get my Special Edition New Moon Blu-ray! Came out to only $3.99!

doctaheath78 03-20-10 08:43 AM

Which version did you get? Target or Wal-Mart?

dkedvd 03-20-10 08:45 AM

Walmart. I had a gift card for there. So that was my deciding factor.

zombeaner 03-20-10 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78 (Post 10059698)
Which version did you get? Target or Wal-Mart?

I got the Target version for $9 plus tax. The manager had to be called for such a big discount, but even after examining the coupon, her concern was that I was getting a 2 disc Blu-ray and not a single disc, not that I wasn't buying all four discs. After a minute or so she approved it, no big deal.

Travis McClain 03-20-10 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by dkedvd (Post 10059682)
Just used the $16.00 off coupon to get my Special Edition New Moon Blu-ray! Came out to only $3.99!

Without buying all four discs, per the coupon's small fine print? Awesome! Where, pray tell, did you manage this?

GCS 03-20-10 09:53 AM

You were lucky since it is supposed to be purchase all 4 titles and get $16 off.

Greg

dkedvd 03-20-10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10059730)
per the coupon's small fine print?

Small print? I printed my coupons out a few days ago. If there is small print it's new. My coupons had nothing that stated you have to buy all four. Of course I am well aware that's what they wanted you to do. But it didn't actually state that. I used the coupon on Astro Boy too on Tuesday and got that for $3.99 as well. I've used it at both Target & Walmart. A lot of people on here have done this.

wormraper 03-20-10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by GCS (Post 10059755)
You were lucky since it is supposed to be purchase all 4 titles and get $16 off.

Greg

however it's worded so poorly on the coupon and it scans for a single title so it's been going through for a lot of people (worked on Astroboy on Tuesday and worked on Twighlight today)

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-20-10 10:11 AM

Now we're talking! :D

Hello Best Buy.

nbwilliams 03-20-10 10:53 AM

For those that aren't able to use the $16 coupon on just one movie, thought I'd share this. My target let us use the $5 off for buying New Moon and Twilight in Forks and the $3 off for buying Twilight in Forks. And of course, we got the $5 gift card.
That was more than I was expecting. I figured I'd only be able to use one. Makes me happy! :D Total was $26.98 before tax.

GCS 03-20-10 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by nbwilliams (Post 10059859)
For those that aren't able to use the $16 coupon on just one movie, thought I'd share this. My target let us use the $5 off for buying New Moon and Twilight in Forks and the $3 off for buying Twilight in Forks. And of course, we got the $5 gift card.
That was more than I was expecting. I figured I'd only be able to use one. Makes me happy! :D Total was $26.98 before tax.

Nope you can always use 1 MFG coupon and 1 Target coupon per item. Using 2 MFG coupons per item is not supposed to be possible but has been done in the past if the cashier simply overrode it and let it go.

Greg

Travis McClain 03-22-10 03:51 PM

Not as good a deal as it would have been last week, but my wife just successfully used the $16 coupon at Walmart for their "Ultimate Fan Edition." She almost went with the DVD (priced at $17), but ultimately, the prospect of having it on Blu-ray won the day.

BuckNaked2k 03-22-10 04:54 PM

Holy carp! The $16 coupon worked for me today at Target, and I couldn't believe it. The clerk had to call the manager over, but she read it and did the override. Unbelievable.

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-22-10 05:11 PM

All of my Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart takes $16 ciupons with no problem. :D Next I'm trying to find a copy of FYE's DVD Keepsake Collector' Edition.

bd...? 03-22-10 05:57 PM

on blu ray?

snausages 03-22-10 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 10064116)
All of my Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart takes $16 ciupons with no problem. :D Next I'm trying to find a copy of FYE's DVD Keepsake Collector' Edition.

Why not get the FYE Blu-ray Keepsake Collector's Edition instead?

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-22-10 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by snausages (Post 10064253)
Why not get the FYE Blu-ray Keepsake Collector's Edition instead?

I thought there's only 1 Version for the DVD. Do you have the SKU for Blu-ray?

bd...? 03-22-10 06:50 PM

I feel dirty. I went to target..grabbed the new moon blu ray and walked up to the register with the coupon..scanned...free 5.00 gift card scanned, 3.99 plus tax...wow

Obi-Wan Jabroni 03-22-10 07:25 PM

I've now been rejected at 2 different Wal-Mart's with the $16 coupon. Maybe the Wal-Mart employees are just smarter here, lol.

Iron_Giant 03-22-10 07:59 PM

Bummer, did not use any coupons - hate paying full price for anything.

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-22-10 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant (Post 10064449)
Bummer, did not use any coupons - hate paying full price for anything.

Where had you been?

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-22-10 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bd...? (Post 10064220)
on blu ray?

Yup

bd...? 03-22-10 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 10064465)
Yup

yea i ended up with the movie for 3.99 plus the gift card as stated above...dont think I was supposed to get the gift card though

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-22-10 09:14 PM

Just called my nearest Second Spins, they only have 2 copies of Ultimate Keepsake Collector's Edition for $36.99 each. So they put mine aside when I pickup tomorrow. Total would be $20.99 out to door.