Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Twilight Saga: New Moon coupons from Red Plum

Old 03-23-10, 09:41 AM

Re: Twilight Saga: New Moon coupons from Red Plum

Does someone have a link to the $16 coupon?

I printed one yesterday and I need another one but I can't seem to find it at the red plum website.
Old 03-23-10, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by miamiboy100 View Post
Does someone have a link to the $16 coupon?

I printed one yesterday and I need another one but I can't seem to find it at the red plum website.
Redplum took them down. Anyone have a scan?
Old 03-23-10, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mike UFC View Post
Redplum took them down. Anyone have a scan?
I think those coupons have unique codes
Old 03-23-10, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by miamiboy100 View Post
I think those coupons have unique codes
Well poop. That might explain why there's no scan as of yet. Ah well.
Old 03-23-10, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mike UFC View Post
Well poop. That might explain why there's no scan as of yet. Ah well.
I actually checked again and I found it.
Old 03-23-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where did you find it? I'm looking also.
Old 03-23-10, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kory View Post
Where did you find it? I'm looking also.
http://www.redplum.com/

Scroll down and you will find the $16 coupon and also the $10 & $5 coupon.
Old 03-23-10, 02:58 PM

Weird, they were not available at all earlier, but now they're back.
Old 03-23-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did they change the coupons when they went down and came back? The reason I ask is that people earlier were saying the $16 off coupon worked on either Astro Boy or New Moon BD all by itself. So, does anyone know if the Red Plum $16 off coupon still work or if it now requires purchase of all 4 BDs listed? My gut assumption when they went down was so they could fix the $16 one in the system to not work on the individual titles.
Old 03-24-10, 12:37 PM

I purchased it yesterday after I was denied my Toy Story deal (that everyone else was able to get). I brought it to the register with another item I had to buy (not a blu-ray). Because of the $16 amount, she needed her manager's override. She called over to her manager who was 2 registers over, grabbed a post-it with the override code and punched it in the register. Coupon worked no problem.

If they weren't already sold out of the BD version of the Toy Story movies, I would've price matched TRU right there. Oh well!
Old 03-24-10, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Did they change the coupons when they went down and came back? The reason I ask is that people earlier were saying the $16 off coupon worked on either Astro Boy or New Moon BD all by itself. So, does anyone know if the Red Plum $16 off coupon still work or if it now requires purchase of all 4 BDs listed? My gut assumption when they went down was so they could fix the $16 one in the system to not work on the individual titles.
Print it out and look. does it state that you NEED to buy all 4? or just imply that you do? The ones that people (and I) were getting away with using per title just said "$16.00 off when you buy..." and listed the 4 titles with only comas in between. no "and" or "together" or anything like that. Nothing written in the fine print either.
Old 03-24-10, 01:18 PM

Quick, does Second Spins accepts Manufacturer coupon?
Old 03-24-10, 01:29 PM

I used the coupon in target yesterday and I didn't have any problems.
Old 03-24-10, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
Print it out and look. does it state that you NEED to buy all 4? or just imply that you do? The ones that people (and I) were getting away with using per title just said "$16.00 off when you buy..." and listed the 4 titles with only comas in between. no "and" or "together" or anything like that. Nothing written in the fine print either.
Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the supervisor's interpretation of the coupon, and they like to invent any reason to deny. I was told since it didn't say OR it must be meant to say AND. They can make up whatever reason they want and I can't do anything but walk away. It really just depends on their mood and if they get off denying people.

I tried the $16 off coupon at Walmart with New Moon and at Target with Astro Boy, and both cashiers called over a supervisor who denied the coupon saying it required purchase of all 4 titles. So as usual these deals are YMMV. Anyway, I don't have time to waste driving all over the place hoping to find a Walmart or Target with these in stock and with a supervisor who isn't deny-happy. Fortunately I never have seen Twilight or New Moon or Astro Boy so I don't know what I'm missing.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-24-10 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-24-10, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Fortunately I never have seen Twilight or New Moon or Astro Boy so I don't know what I'm missing.
A lot. All 3 were great!
Old 03-25-10, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
It is indeed implied (especially when you look at the language of the $5 and $10 coupons), but they failed to make it clear that the coupon is good only for a combined purchase of all four. Thankfully, our cashier at Walmart gave us no hassle at all. In fact, he seemed excited that someone was getting a good deal.
Old 03-25-10, 11:13 PM

I used the $16 off coupon, but used it on "Twilight". So, I picked up the $29.99 "Twilight" from Target for around $16 (after taxes). I didn't even notice it until I got home. I thought I grabbed "New Moon". I had bought it along with a bunch of other stuff, and didn't even notice that the price was way more than it should have been. But, my wife didn't have "Twilight" on blu, and it was the 2-disc deluxe edition, so not taking it back.
Old 03-25-10, 11:32 PM

Lol, the coupon scanned for that? Weird.
Old 03-26-10, 12:47 AM
Banned

i got twilight for 3.99...she just scanned it and didnt even look. (target)
Old 03-26-10, 09:01 AM
Cool New Member

Per everyone's suggestion, I went to Target armed with my $16 coupon. I felt a tad sleazy about it so I had decided I wouldn't argue with them if confronted and that I would just play dumb - easy for me to do. I did opt for the exclusive Target version just because I figured if it worked then I was already getting $16 off so why not get the $24 version. I carefully selected who appeared to be the ditziest, youngest check out clerk. She scanned the coupon and the computer asked her to input the amount. She then had to call the manager over who came walking over with an attitude of what now?! I thought for sure the gig was up but instead the manager just said, "Wow, that's one heck of a coupon. Where did you get that?!" I told her Red Plum on line and added, "I spend a lot of time on line trying to find the best deals and the best coupons for my purchases." She smiled, typed in the $16 coupon and I swiped my debit card and was out the door. All in all a successful transaction. Now if only I could find a coupon like that for The Blind Side!
Old 03-26-10, 10:33 AM

Thanks for the coupon. After showing the crazy deal I got on the Toyu Story discs to my wife, she lamented that New Moon had come out and we didn't get it. I told her that when I found a deal that would net this for us under $10, then I would bite. Next day I see this coupon and I was out the door with the disc for $3.98.