Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy: Star Trek, The Original Series -- Any Season, $39.99 each + Free Shipping

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy: Star Trek, The Original Series -- Any Season, $39.99 each + Free Shipping

Old 02-28-10, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This week's Best Buy ad (week of 2/28) shows Season Three on sale, it turns out all three seasons are $39.99 each.

Free shipping or in-store pick (if available locally)...
...or wait it out a few days to see if Amazon price matches.

And don't forget, it looks like Bing cashback may be up to 10% back or back down to 5% (?) at the moment to offset any sales tax.

This sale is supposed to last until March 27th, according to in-store shelf tags.

Last edited by Adboy151; 03-07-10 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-28-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Best Buy: Star Trek, The Original Series -- Any Season, $39.99 each + Free Shippi

I hope Amazon price matches, gets me more Amazon Points and can use my Prime
Old 02-28-10, 09:43 AM

Re: Best Buy: Star Trek, The Original Series -- Any Season, $39.99 each + Free Shippi

Bought these and will return to Amazon. Ty Poster.
Old 02-28-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great deal on these. $36/each after Bing. I was planning on getting Season 3 and was very happy to see Season 2 for this price as well.
Old 02-28-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet, I'd been waiting to add S2 & 3 to my collection for a decent price.
Old 02-28-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping S2 would also be on sale. Ordered S2 and S3 for in-store pickup with Bing. BB doesn't pack their DVD's well, so if you have the opportunity to pick-up instead of using the free shipping, I'd pick them up.
Old 02-28-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a $25 BB gift card that I was able to use for S2, so this was the deal I had been waiting for. Thanks for posting!

(I also picked up To Kill A King at $6.99 - the trailer looked good and at that price I thought it would be worth a shot.)
Old 03-01-10, 11:25 AM

Darn - still no Amazon match. Looks like I have to give Best Buy my money.
Old 03-01-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by masetodd View Post
Darn - still no Amazon match. Looks like I have to give Best Buy my money.
With free shipping and the $4 that you'll get back from Bing, Best Buy would be the better deal unless your sales tax is over 10%.
Old 03-01-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos

Just did about $35 bucks of price adjustments through Best Buy.

These sets, quality wise, are fantastic. Getting them all for $120 is the steal of the year, for me.

Especially considering I unloaded my cherry-picked set of twofer episode DVD's for over a hundred bucks recently on eBay.
Old 03-01-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was going to BB on lunch today so I did instore pickup on Season 1. But the copy they gave me, and the ones on the shelf did not have a slip cover.
Old 03-01-10, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
I was going to BB on lunch today so I did instore pickup on Season 1. But the copy they gave me, and the ones on the shelf did not have a slip cover.
I picked up all three seasons yesterday. They only had one copy of S1 and it had no slipcover. It's annoying not to have one when the other two do, but I'm really not going to complain too much at this price.
Old 03-01-10, 01:50 PM

Amazon's dropped Season 2 down to $39.99. --Peter
Old 03-01-10, 02:05 PM

Hmm.. it's been in the low $50s recently, and now this. I'm guessing these will settle around this price or that a new complete set is in the works.

Strange that amazon chose season 2, since it's not even the one in the BB ad. They'll probably match the rest eventually.

Last edited by mgdeals; 03-01-10 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-01-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mgdeals View Post
or that a new complete set is in the works.
Guaranteed now that I have all 3 volumes
Old 03-01-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Guaranteed now that I have all 3 volumes
Really, at this point though, what could they add to it that would make it worthy of another re-release? Sure, there were a few small featurettes left off of the sets that were included in the original DVD season releases (which they could always just make available for viewing via BD-Live)....they also left off one of the "Starfleet Access" PiP tracks from an episode that the HD DVD release of Season 1 got....and I know there is still a demand for copies of the famous "blooper reels" that haven't been put on any of the ST: TOS releases yet....

Still, now that I have the complete series, remastered from the original negatives, in high definition with both the original and newly produced special effects, lossless audio, and boatloads of extras, I won't ever need to purchase it again and I can't think of anything they could offer to make me do so unless it came with a free actual starship!
Old 03-01-10, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
Really, at this point though, what could they add to it that would make it worthy of another re-release?
.... and I can't think of anything they could offer to make me do so unless it came with a free actual starship!
Haha, I was actually going to say they would package the complete set in a model of the enterprise before I saw your last line. But hopefully for us, the "shrinkwrapped" 3 season set is their "complete collection".
Old 03-01-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
Really, at this point though, what could they add to it that would make it worthy of another re-release?
A box to put it all in. Thats all ive ever wanted with TOS
Old 03-01-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh. I have the HD DVD of S1 that I got for $50 from Amazon.ca. Only watched the first episode of that. Come on Amazon, match all three seasons!
Old 03-01-10, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
...Come on Amazon, match all three seasons!
We still have until the end of the week.
Old 03-01-10, 04:00 PM

I'm guessing amazon chose their lowest cost/highest stock season for the match since the BB ad only shows one season. But unless you hate best buy or something, it's not really worth it to wait given free shipping and 10% bing cashback right now. I bought all 3 and got notification of $12 back already.
Old 03-01-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have no idea how to get the Bing cash back. Do I search Best Buy and take the top link or what?
Old 03-01-10, 05:31 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I have no idea how to get the Bing cash back. Do I search Best Buy and take the top link or what?
Just log-in to your cashback account and click on Best Buy in the list of stores.
Old 03-01-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm only seeing 5% off for Beast Buy.
Old 03-01-10, 05:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm only seeing 5% off for Beast Buy.
it was 10% this morning... any idea when it'll be back to 10-15% range again?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.