DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   FOX Mega Sale at DeepDiscount: Die Hard Collection $39.98 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/569924-fox-mega-sale-deepdiscount-die-hard-collection-%2439-98-a.html)

RichBecker 02-23-10 01:45 PM

FOX Mega Sale at DeepDiscount: Die Hard Collection $39.98

I don't believe that anybody started a thread about this one, but DeepDiscount has some pretty decent deals in their 60% off Fox Sale

I would post a URL, but my low post count doesn't allow me to do so. However, it is being advertised as one of the main banner ads on their website.

The Die Hard Collection is only 39.98, which beats Amazon by 13 dollars.
In addition, the X-Men trilogy is $31.98, which also beats Amazon by a substantial margin. Beyond that, it appears that they have the normal catalog of titles around $10 which have been on sale at just about every store the last few months.

Also remember 4% cashback with Bing and free shipping on all DeepDiscount orders.

Snowmaker 02-23-10 01:59 PM

Re: FOX Mega Sale at DeepDiscount: Die Hard Collection $39.98

I swear I went through that whole sale and did not see the Die Hard set or Firefly.

RichBecker 02-23-10 02:13 PM

Again, I wish I could post the direct URL, but I searched for Die Hard on their man page and the item came up priced at $39.98.

foggy 02-23-10 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 10014628)
I swear I went through that whole sale and did not see the Die Hard set or Firefly.

Sort by price high to low. They will both be on the first page.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/FOX-Mega-Sale

Classic Films 02-23-10 02:17 PM

This sale is listed two ways. One is both blu-ray and SD fox titles. The other is blu-ray only.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/fox-blu-ray-sale/

This link if for blu-ray only sale. Die Hard trilogy is at bottom of first page.

CurtisRob 02-23-10 05:06 PM

Picked up X-Men Trilogy in Blu for $31.98! Great price

thursdaynighter 02-23-10 05:18 PM

Does anyone think that Amazon will match these prices?

PopcornTreeCt 02-23-10 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter (Post 10015026)
Does anyone think that Amazon will match these prices?

I doubt it.

Vermiknid 02-23-10 11:36 PM

I'm tempted to get the Planet of the Apes 40th Anniversary Collection for $51.98 -- less the Bing Cashback.

mattysemo247 02-24-10 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10015163)
I doubt it.

Amazon already matched the Die Hard Collection, so there is still hope!

BackStJoe 02-24-10 10:55 AM

Picked up Firefly as I understand it's worth the upgrade...

Marvin 02-24-10 01:05 PM

Thanks for the notification. I ordered "This is Spinal Tap" BD for $13.98.

nycdude 02-24-10 01:22 PM

amazon has price matched this price.

BackStJoe 02-24-10 05:06 PM

FYI I think they are adding things too...
Since this morning i checked back and they had added:

Stargate: The Ark of Truth/Continuum $23.98

which I ordered.

tofferman 02-24-10 09:44 PM

Predator 2 for $13.98 and 28 Weeks Later for $11.98 works for me.

onebyone 02-24-10 10:10 PM

Finally a decent price on Predator 2 that I can take advantage of. Thanks OP.

RoadToPerdition 02-24-10 10:36 PM

Deep Discount screwed me again. I really don't order from them anymore but they had good prices on Dollhouse S1, Say Anything, and The Siege. So, I ordered them. The order of course still shows "OPEN," and now Amazon has matched the price on Say Anything and The Siege. I prefer to order from Amazon given the choice for the same price. So, I do the cancellation thing on the Deep Discount website and order the items on Amazon. A while later, I get two e-mails from Deep Discount, probably 30 minutes apart, telling me they cannot cancel those two items as they are in the process of being shipped. Umm, the order still shows "OPEN." If this means they are in process, why even give the option to cancel? Whatever, I go to the Amazon website to cancel that order, and damn their lightning-fast processing, it's already showing as "shipping soon." So now I'm screwed and have to send one of these (the Deep Discount one, of course) back. Completely frustrating. The moral of the story for you fine folks is that just because the Deep Discount website allows you to submit the cancellation, it doesn't mean the items actually ARE cancelled.

Vermiknid 02-25-10 03:52 AM

Ooo -- Glad I waited. Amazon now has Planet of the Apes Collection for $45.99. Sweet!

sotra 02-25-10 07:20 AM

I'm going to get Home Alone, but see they have a 3 pack (holiday favorites). Is it worth getting instead?
I've never seen the other 2, but can't imagine Jingle all the way being a classic. Is Miracle on 34th street the remake?

MarkHarrill 02-25-10 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition (Post 10017850)
Deep Discount screwed me again. I really don't order from them anymore but they had good prices on Dollhouse S1, Say Anything, and The Siege. So, I ordered them. The order of course still shows "OPEN," and now Amazon has matched the price on Say Anything and The Siege. I prefer to order from Amazon given the choice for the same price. So, I do the cancellation thing on the Deep Discount website and order the items on Amazon. A while later, I get two e-mails from Deep Discount, probably 30 minutes apart, telling me they cannot cancel those two items as they are in the process of being shipped. Umm, the order still shows "OPEN." If this means they are in process, why even give the option to cancel? Whatever, I go to the Amazon website to cancel that order, and damn their lightning-fast processing, it's already showing as "shipping soon." So now I'm screwed and have to send one of these (the Deep Discount one, of course) back. Completely frustrating. The moral of the story for you fine folks is that just because the Deep Discount website allows you to submit the cancellation, it doesn't mean the items actually ARE cancelled.

Not sure how they screwed you. I worked for Infinity Resources for several years. I can tell you that orders were batched very often when I worked there and put on the warehouse floor. Looking for your picking ticket would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

You placed and order and they pushed it through to shipping quickly to get it out the door. So how did DDD screw you and Amazon did not since they could not cancel either?

sotra 02-25-10 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MarkHarrill (Post 10018179)
Not sure how they screwed you. I worked for Infinity Resources for several years. I can tell you that orders were batched very often when I worked there and put on the warehouse floor. Looking for your picking ticket would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

You placed and order and they pushed it through to shipping quickly to get it out the door. So how did DDD screw you and Amazon did not since they could not cancel either?

Totally agree

BackStJoe 02-25-10 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition (Post 10017850)

Waaaa....a store gave me a good price! Waaaa!