DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Indiana Jones & Kingdom of Crystal Skull $12 @ Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/569224-indiana-jones-kingdom-crystal-skull-%2412-%40-amazon.html)

jmsmath 02-08-10 02:44 PM

Indiana Jones & Kingdom of Crystal Skull $12 @ Amazon

Title pretty much says it all. I think that's the cheapest it's been.

kenbenobi 02-08-10 02:48 PM

Re: Indiana Jones & Kingdom of Crystal Skull $12 @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-...5662089&sr=1-4

Solid Snake 02-08-10 03:07 PM

I'm fighting myself whether to get it or not. Kinda waiting for the whole franchise release on Blu....damnit

GoldenWheels 02-08-10 03:14 PM

Think I will have to take the plunge on this one. Been looking to pair something with 36th Chamber of Shaolin for an order and this looks like it.

Evan Meadow 02-08-10 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9988119)
I'm fighting myself whether to get it or not. Kinda waiting for the whole franchise release on Blu....damnit

Hold off on it. When they do release Indy on Blu, they're no doubt doing a new box set with this one included.

Solid Snake 02-08-10 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels (Post 9988133)
Think I will have to take the plunge on this one. Been looking to pair something with 36th Chamber of Shaolin for an order and this looks like it.

I'm assuming for free shipping?

GoldenWheels 02-08-10 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9988273)
I'm assuming for free shipping?

Yes sir.

I understand they will do a set at some point of these...question would be...when? and can I pass on 12$ for one (the only one I don't have in some format) right now? Answers are "not sure" and "no I cannot".

Josh-da-man 02-08-10 04:54 PM

I'm tempted to bite at that price, but this is probably going to be included in an upcoming Blu-ray boxed set of all four movies. Since the movie isn't that great, I'll just hold out for the box.

kenbenobi 02-08-10 05:28 PM

I hope you guys are wrong. When I box set comes out, I hope it is the OT only. I don't want another copy of Crystal Skull...

GoldenWheels 02-08-10 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9988464)
I hope you guys are wrong. When I box set comes out, I hope it is the OT only. I don't want another copy of Crystal Skull...

Heck man I am going to get CS now but even I assume it will be all 4 when they do a set.

Kory 02-08-10 06:11 PM

I bought the Target Exclusive version used at FYE for about $11.50 after coupons a couple of months back. Still haven't watched it, but I'm glad I found it. The book that comes with it is very, very nice.

Matthew Chmiel 02-09-10 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 9988564)
I bought the Target Exclusive version used at FYE for about $11.50 after coupons a couple of months back. Still haven't watched it, but I'm glad I found it. The book that comes with it is very, very nice.

Target had a sale on CS a few months ago where it was $20. Tempted to buy it Vegas, but found one sole copy of the exclusive edition in Dallas during my trip there. Of course I snagged it and yes, the book is very nice.

philip74 02-09-10 04:37 AM

thanks for the post! i didn`t purchase indy4, but the post made me aware
of the fact that several titles dropped to that price on amazon.
finally ordered man on fire for 12 bucks, been waiting on a price drop on that
one for a long time! also got i robot for 10 dollars.
this time i reacted fast, because with amazon you never know how long
these deals last.

BackStJoe 02-09-10 07:17 AM

One of the few movies I'd throw in the garbage if given to me for free. A very sad, sad affair.

Qui Gon Jim 02-09-10 07:39 AM

Thanks for your on-topic remarks.

E-Z-B 02-09-10 08:12 AM

I agree with #14.

hondo21 02-09-10 09:37 AM

Perhaps you could list some of the movies you've spent money on and we'll tell you which of those are total crap.

GoldenWheels 02-09-10 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by hondo21 (Post 9989560)
Perhaps you could list some of the movies you've spent money on and we'll tell you which of those are total crap.

Haha I tend to agree...taste is of course subjective and in the right place (the movie talk forum for instance) I don't mind hearing that someone thinks a movie I like is complete and utter shit...but in the bargains sections these comments are less than useless.

masetodd 02-09-10 01:20 PM

If you're in doubt - just wait. It's not like it's never going to be $12 again.

TANK 02-10-10 09:46 AM

Thanks , I have been waiting for a price drop.

rfduncan 02-19-10 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe (Post 9989339)
One of the few movies I'd throw in the garbage if given to me for free. A very sad, sad affair.

I have to agree. The only way I'm going to own this movie is when Paramount FORCES me to buy it in a box set with the original three. Same thing can also be said as to why I own The Godfather Part III on Blu-ray (which you may have noticed Paramount did not even release separately like the other two films).

spizz 02-20-10 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 10007383)
i have to agree. The only way i'm going to own this movie is when paramount forces me to buy it in a box set with the original three.

+1

theflicker 02-20-10 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 10007383)
I have to agree. The only way I'm going to own this movie is when Paramount FORCES me to buy it in a box set with the original three. Same thing can also be said as to why I own The Godfather Part III on Blu-ray (which you may have noticed Paramount did not even release separately like the other two films).

Originally Posted by spizz (Post 10008962)
+1

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels (Post 9989655)
Haha I tend to agree...taste is of course subjective and in the right place (the movie talk forum for instance) I don't mind hearing that someone thinks a movie I like is complete and utter shit...but in the bargains sections these comments are less than useless.

+eleventy billion

Thanks OP. Ordered mine.

TomOpus 02-20-10 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 9988119)

Pretty much my thought too. I guess I'll take my chances and wait.