Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-22-10, 02:22 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

I just got back from BB. They had an endcap w/ a bunch of Lionsgate blurays that had a "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on them that says "Free $25 Gift Card to Sideshow Collectibles"

I just checked the website and these blurays are showing as part of a 2 for $20 deal. Ive never had a problem having bestbuy pricematch their own website so that may be your best bet. Or have them pricematch to walmart since all those blurays are $10 @ walmart anyway.

Ill try to take a picture of one of these blurays w/ the sticker on them when I go back to the store tomorrow.


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at201200050003

Movies:
Stir of Echoes
Near Dark
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
Saw
Saw 2
Saw 3
My Blood Valentine (original)
See No Evil
Frailty
Cujo
Monster Squad
American Psycho

Forgot to take a picture when I went earlier. These were all the movies that had the $25 GC.

So, 2 for $20 and you get 2 $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles.

Last edited by Drav3n; 01-23-10 at 01:54 PM.
Drav3n is offline  
Old 01-22-10, 02:44 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 19,986
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Nice! I'd grab the only two I'd need, Saw 2 (after I get that Walmart pack) and Frailty for that price.
islandclaws is offline  
Old 01-23-10, 08:56 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Just an FYI that apparently not all of these releases contain the $25 GC. At my store today, on the same end-cap and with the same "HORROR IN HI-DEF" packaging, some of these BD's had a GC, and some did not. Most were available both with and without the GC. Many titles had been moved around, but I searched the entire endcap. I wanted 4 of the titles, and found 3 of them with the GC variant, but I couldn't find Near Dark with a GC at my store.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-23-10, 09:09 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Torchur317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Indiana
Posts: 3,385
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Most of the titles at mine didn't have the GC....
I only see one thing I might buy with mine but that's it....
Torchur317 is offline  
Old 01-23-10, 09:17 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Is this gc like the one with terminator that was limited to a list of select products on their site or is it $25 to spend on whatever you want?
sotra is offline  
Old 01-23-10, 09:56 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 672
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by sotra View Post
Is this gc like the one with terminator that was limited to a list of select products on their site or is it $25 to spend on whatever you want?
The sideshow gift cards are just ones on "that page":

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

Annoying, especially since the eligible products are usually some of their pricey ones, but they do update the page regularly, and if you come across one of the higher value cards ($50, $75, $100) you can actually get some good stuff without paying much out of pocket. For a $25 card, expect to pay about $50 minimum to get anything
SPIDERone is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 12:38 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by SPIDERone View Post
The sideshow gift cards are just ones on "that page":

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

Annoying, especially since the eligible products are usually some of their pricey ones, but they do update the page regularly, and if you come across one of the higher value cards ($50, $75, $100) you can actually get some good stuff without paying much out of pocket. For a $25 card, expect to pay about $50 minimum to get anything
Well, you could get 5 stands for 12" dolls... Those are 5 bucks each. But yeah, slim pickins otherwise...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 06:10 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,989
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

If you have more than one of the giftcards, can you use them in one transaction?

EDIT: Just found the answer:
Q: I picked up a few Gift Cards from your recent promotion. Can I use them all?

A: No. One (1) card per promotion per user account will be allowed.
joltman is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 10:48 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Lecithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cicely, AK
Posts: 1,487
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.
Lecithin is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 12:24 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Thanks for the info all of you. Made the decision for me
to not buy any of these.
sotra is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 01:27 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site)
Not sure what you mean by that. There is a button on the main page which clearly says "check your gift card here". Or you could just follow the link clearly stated on the back of the gift card which takes you directly to the page!
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 01:28 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 32,622
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.
So, if I read your post correctly, you only did business with Sideshow because of the gift cards? Sorry, but that, IMO, seems stupid. They have really good stuff, but they use their gift cards to move inventory that's stagnant. I've tossed many a gift card of theirs. They hand 'em out at Comic-Con every year.

I will always continue to do business with them because they have some very cool merchandise. What I won't do is have a gift card offer sway a purchase.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 01:34 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
They have really good stuff, but they use their gift cards to move inventory that's stagnant. I've tossed many a gift card of theirs. They hand 'em out at Comic-Con every year.

I will always continue to do business with them because they have some very cool merchandise. What I won't do is have a gift card offer sway a purchase.
I agree with most of what you say. Although I typically wait for some items to become gift card eligible, then jump and buy them as soon as they become eligible... I have a few $50 GC's I've been saving, waiting for the right moment to use them. Just used one yesterday...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 02:29 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 59
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.
Then you shouldnt have used them... I had $50 and $25 Gift Cards that I never used, because of what you described. The extremely limited selection and ridiculous shipping made the deal absolutely not worth it.
2sday is offline  
Old 01-24-10, 05:39 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 404
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.
I am a huge collector of SS stuff. GCs come in handy for me, and I've gotten a lot of cool things with them over the years.
ozzfan84 is offline  
Old 01-25-10, 03:07 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

I've been to 3 different BB's now, and still can't find either of the Rob Zombie movies with GC's. They are on the display, but none have the GC's...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-25-10, 04:20 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 435
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

My Blood Valentine and Near Dark rang up for $17.99 a piece and my BB wouldn't honor the signage on the endcap... I was on my lunch break, so I really didn't have time to have them look up the website to price match.
ThePhantomGoat is offline  
Old 01-25-10, 04:28 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat View Post
My Blood Valentine and Near Dark rang up for $17.99 a piece and my BB wouldn't honor the signage on the endcap... I was on my lunch break, so I really didn't have time to have them look up the website to price match.
Mine rang up $17.99 ea. as well, but I bought them on Saturday. I thought maybe the pricing started Sunday. I plan on going back to price match...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 06:13 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

I got a $25 card from SAW VI yesterday. Anyone want it? Nothing I want from sideshow so it will go to waste by me. Just PM me and Ill send you the code, first come first served.

Edit: SOLD!

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 01-27-10 at 07:59 PM.
Rammsteinfan is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 08:51 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan View Post
I got a $25 card from SAW VI yesterday. Anyone want it? Nothing I want from sideshow so it will go to waste by me. Just PM me and Ill send you the code, first come first served.

Edit: SOLD!
Could you please post what the first 3 characters of the GC code is. I want to know if it is the same as the Horror in Hi-Def GC's from the titles in this thread. Those start with HOR. I am hoping Saw VI has a different code, since you can only use ONE gift card per promotion...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-28-10, 10:15 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 404
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Could you please post what the first 3 characters of the GC code is. I want to know if it is the same as the Horror in Hi-Def GC's from the titles in this thread. Those start with HOR. I am hoping Saw VI has a different code, since you can only use ONE gift card per promotion...
The cards and codes are the same for Saw 6 and the other Lionsgate releases.
ozzfan84 is offline  
Old 01-28-10, 10:40 AM
  #22  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,119
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Well that stinks. Bought 4 of these the other day, mainly because of the $25 giftcards, but guess I'll be returning 3 of them.
Trevor is offline  
Old 01-28-10, 11:59 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Well that stinks. Bought 4 of these the other day, mainly because of the $25 giftcards, but guess I'll be returning 3 of them.
It isn't limited by address at all, so if you live with someone else that has a credit card, they can order it and use the g/c if they create their own Sideshow account.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-28-10, 12:07 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by ozzfan84 View Post
The cards and codes are the same for Saw 6 and the other Lionsgate releases.
This makes me very sad... I hoped for a unique code since I already have 2 of the other ones...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-28-10, 02:52 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
This makes me very sad... I hoped for a unique code since I already have 2 of the other ones...
They do start off with HOR-HIDEF-XXXXXXXXXXXX at least the one I got from SAW VI did.
Rammsteinfan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.