DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/568370-best-buy-2-%2420-select-br-plus-%2425-gc-sideshow-collectibles.html)

Drav3n 01-22-10 02:22 PM

Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

I just got back from BB. They had an endcap w/ a bunch of Lionsgate blurays that had a "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on them that says "Free $25 Gift Card to Sideshow Collectibles"

I just checked the website and these blurays are showing as part of a 2 for $20 deal. Ive never had a problem having bestbuy pricematch their own website so that may be your best bet. Or have them pricematch to walmart since all those blurays are $10 @ walmart anyway.

Ill try to take a picture of one of these blurays w/ the sticker on them when I go back to the store tomorrow.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at201200050003

Movies:
Stir of Echoes
Near Dark
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
Saw
Saw 2
Saw 3
My Blood Valentine (original)
See No Evil
Frailty
Cujo
Monster Squad
American Psycho

Forgot to take a picture when I went earlier. These were all the movies that had the $25 GC.

So, 2 for $20 and you get 2 $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles.

islandclaws 01-22-10 02:44 PM

Re: Best Buy 2 for $20 on select BR plus $25 GC to Sideshow Collectibles

Nice! I'd grab the only two I'd need, Saw 2 (after I get that Walmart pack) and Frailty for that price.

kenbenobi 01-23-10 08:56 PM

Just an FYI that apparently not all of these releases contain the $25 GC. At my store today, on the same end-cap and with the same "HORROR IN HI-DEF" packaging, some of these BD's had a GC, and some did not. Most were available both with and without the GC. Many titles had been moved around, but I searched the entire endcap. I wanted 4 of the titles, and found 3 of them with the GC variant, but I couldn't find Near Dark with a GC at my store.

Torchur317 01-23-10 09:09 PM

Most of the titles at mine didn't have the GC....
I only see one thing I might buy with mine but that's it....

sotra 01-23-10 09:17 PM

Is this gc like the one with terminator that was limited to a list of select products on their site or is it $25 to spend on whatever you want?

SPIDERone 01-23-10 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 9959601)
Is this gc like the one with terminator that was limited to a list of select products on their site or is it $25 to spend on whatever you want?

The sideshow gift cards are just ones on "that page":

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

Annoying, especially since the eligible products are usually some of their pricey ones, but they do update the page regularly, and if you come across one of the higher value cards ($50, $75, $100) you can actually get some good stuff without paying much out of pocket. For a $25 card, expect to pay about $50 minimum to get anything

kenbenobi 01-24-10 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by SPIDERone (Post 9959645)
The sideshow gift cards are just ones on "that page":

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

Annoying, especially since the eligible products are usually some of their pricey ones, but they do update the page regularly, and if you come across one of the higher value cards ($50, $75, $100) you can actually get some good stuff without paying much out of pocket. For a $25 card, expect to pay about $50 minimum to get anything

Well, you could get 5 stands for 12" dolls... Those are 5 bucks each. But yeah, slim pickins otherwise...

joltman 01-24-10 06:10 AM

If you have more than one of the giftcards, can you use them in one transaction?

EDIT: Just found the answer:
Q: I picked up a few Gift Cards from your recent promotion. Can I use them all?

A: No. One (1) card per promotion per user account will be allowed.

Lecithin 01-24-10 10:48 AM

Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.

sotra 01-24-10 12:24 PM

Thanks for the info all of you. Made the decision for me
to not buy any of these.

kenbenobi 01-24-10 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lecithin (Post 9960055)
you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site)

Not sure what you mean by that. There is a button on the main page which clearly says "check your gift card here". Or you could just follow the link clearly stated on the back of the gift card which takes you directly to the page!

TomOpus 01-24-10 01:28 PM

Yeah, I had a real headache trying to use the $25, $50 and $10 Sideshow Gift cards I had. For one thing, they will NOT let you combine them, only one gift card per order. Then you can ONLY use them on a select list of items that you cannot just scroll through, you have to FIND where they are (not an easy task from any main menu on the site) then you have to click on a thumbnail of each one individually to open new pages for each one to find out pricing, etc. Then, you can't combine it with any sale or discount and finally, you can't use it to pay any of the high shipping costs that they charge, even for light items like stands. I've finally used up the gift cards and will not be doing any business with Sideshow again, and certainly won't consider their "gift cards" to be of any real value at all.

So, if I read your post correctly, you only did business with Sideshow because of the gift cards? Sorry, but that, IMO, seems stupid. They have really good stuff, but they use their gift cards to move inventory that's stagnant. I've tossed many a gift card of theirs. They hand 'em out at Comic-Con every year.

I will always continue to do business with them because they have some very cool merchandise. What I won't do is have a gift card offer sway a purchase.

kenbenobi 01-24-10 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 9960239)
They have really good stuff, but they use their gift cards to move inventory that's stagnant. I've tossed many a gift card of theirs. They hand 'em out at Comic-Con every year.

I will always continue to do business with them because they have some very cool merchandise. What I won't do is have a gift card offer sway a purchase.

I agree with most of what you say. Although I typically wait for some items to become gift card eligible, then jump and buy them as soon as they become eligible... I have a few $50 GC's I've been saving, waiting for the right moment to use them. Just used one yesterday...

2sday 01-24-10 02:29 PM

Then you shouldnt have used them... I had $50 and $25 Gift Cards that I never used, because of what you described. The extremely limited selection and ridiculous shipping made the deal absolutely not worth it.

ozzfan84 01-24-10 05:39 PM

I am a huge collector of SS stuff. GCs come in handy for me, and I've gotten a lot of cool things with them over the years.

kenbenobi 01-25-10 03:07 PM

I've been to 3 different BB's now, and still can't find either of the Rob Zombie movies with GC's. They are on the display, but none have the GC's...

ThePhantomGoat 01-25-10 04:20 PM

My Blood Valentine and Near Dark rang up for $17.99 a piece and my BB wouldn't honor the signage on the endcap... I was on my lunch break, so I really didn't have time to have them look up the website to price match.

kenbenobi 01-25-10 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat (Post 9962758)
My Blood Valentine and Near Dark rang up for $17.99 a piece and my BB wouldn't honor the signage on the endcap... I was on my lunch break, so I really didn't have time to have them look up the website to price match.

Mine rang up $17.99 ea. as well, but I bought them on Saturday. I thought maybe the pricing started Sunday. I plan on going back to price match...

Rammsteinfan 01-27-10 06:13 PM

I got a $25 card from SAW VI yesterday. Anyone want it? Nothing I want from sideshow so it will go to waste by me. Just PM me and Ill send you the code, first come first served.

Edit: SOLD!

kenbenobi 01-27-10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan (Post 9967167)
I got a $25 card from SAW VI yesterday. Anyone want it? Nothing I want from sideshow so it will go to waste by me. Just PM me and Ill send you the code, first come first served.

Edit: SOLD!

Could you please post what the first 3 characters of the GC code is. I want to know if it is the same as the Horror in Hi-Def GC's from the titles in this thread. Those start with HOR. I am hoping Saw VI has a different code, since you can only use ONE gift card per promotion...

ozzfan84 01-28-10 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9967453)
Could you please post what the first 3 characters of the GC code is. I want to know if it is the same as the Horror in Hi-Def GC's from the titles in this thread. Those start with HOR. I am hoping Saw VI has a different code, since you can only use ONE gift card per promotion...

The cards and codes are the same for Saw 6 and the other Lionsgate releases.

Trevor 01-28-10 10:40 AM

Well that stinks. Bought 4 of these the other day, mainly because of the $25 giftcards, but guess I'll be returning 3 of them.

kenbenobi 01-28-10 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 9968362)
Well that stinks. Bought 4 of these the other day, mainly because of the $25 giftcards, but guess I'll be returning 3 of them.

It isn't limited by address at all, so if you live with someone else that has a credit card, they can order it and use the g/c if they create their own Sideshow account.

kenbenobi 01-28-10 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84 (Post 9968297)
The cards and codes are the same for Saw 6 and the other Lionsgate releases.

This makes me very sad... I hoped for a unique code since I already have 2 of the other ones...

Rammsteinfan 01-28-10 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9968533)
This makes me very sad... I hoped for a unique code since I already have 2 of the other ones...

They do start off with HOR-HIDEF-XXXXXXXXXXXX at least the one I got from SAW VI did.

sotra 01-30-10 01:04 PM

Freaking dumb anal retentive BB employees! They had these on an endcap with the 2 for $20 signage, but the ones with the GC rang up for $17.98 each and only the ones without the GCs rang up right. So, I told them it was on their website, but again the pocturea were of the "regular" version covers. I tell you BB has lost out on so many sales from me and people I know over the years because of their ignorant college age employees.