Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Off "Surrogates" Blu-ray for anyone (non-Gamefly)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Off "Surrogates" Blu-ray for anyone (non-Gamefly)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Off "Surrogates" Blu-ray for anyone (non-Gamefly)

***VIRUS ALERT***

Is there a way to print this coupon without installing that coupons.com installer. My Avast (up-to-date) reads it as a trojan horse (embedded). I won't be installing this. Doesn't sound safe.

Does anyone have this coupon saved as a .jpg and would be so kind to forward this to me?
Old 01-26-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Each coupon has a specific code that can only be used once, IIRC.

I'm sure the virus alert is probably just a false positive.
Old 01-26-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
It would be nice if Wal-Mart had it for $19.99 in-stores, but I'm guessing it'll probably be $24.99.
Don't make me laugh. Checked my WM this afternoon & it was $28+.
Old 01-26-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am wondering, with Walmart charging $28.49 for Surrogates while all other new releases are at $24.49, that they may be aware of this coupon and don't want to bother dealing with it thus the high price for this Blu-Ray.
Old 01-26-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah it was $28.96 at my Walmart today. I thought the same thing about them maybe being aware of the coupon. Bastards.
Old 01-26-10, 07:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you see.. wal-mart doesn't care if you use a coupon or not.. If their item was 20 bucks and you used the 10 dollar coupon, providing wal-mart handles the coupons correctly they would then get their money back for that coupon. Its actually a good deal for stores to put their item cheaper than others to get people to use the coupon there and also buy other things.
Old 01-27-10, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
you see.. wal-mart doesn't care if you use a coupon or not.. If their item was 20 bucks and you used the 10 dollar coupon, providing wal-mart handles the coupons correctly they would then get their money back for that coupon. Its actually a good deal for stores to put their item cheaper than others to get people to use the coupon there and also buy other things.
Agreed. Best Buy is the only store I know that is clueless when it comes to coupon usage. They consider using a coupon to buy something on sale as a violation of usage. They really don't get it.
Old 01-27-10, 05:42 PM

Got it, even though it took a minute and a half to visually investigate the coupon.
Old 01-27-10, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried getting Wal-mart to price match their website, but the associate said no. I was able to pick up The Babysitters on blu for $14.99 although Amazon says it doesn't come out until 2/2/10.
Old 01-28-10, 04:18 PM

Even with $10 off, is this movie worth owning? It would be a blind buy for me, based on Bruce Willis starring, which as we all know can be hit or miss.
Old 01-29-10, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by inksketcher
Even with $10 off, is this movie worth owning? It would be a blind buy for me, based on Bruce Willis starring, which as we all know can be hit or miss.
I've got 1 hard, fast rule on buying BDs... anything over $15 is not worth buying unless you're a fanatic of a movie. I prefer to wait for a better price, so when I see an after $10 coupon price that's still over $15 I can easily pass. I haven't bought a BD for over $10 for at least a couple months (many at Amazon for under $10 and lots for $5 at Target). Even the $9.99 Amazon deals make me go "meh" as I like to wait for $6.99 or less. If stores had Surrogates (which I've never seen) for $20 before coupon then $10 would be worth a blind buy. Just my opinions as a certified, official cheapskate.
Old 01-29-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$18.88 for BD at my Folsom CA Walmart!
$8.88+tax is an acceptable blind buy price for me, since I can flip it for a profit.
Old 01-29-10, 05:13 PM

I hate that random California stores seem to get BDs for much cheaper than the rest of the country from time to time.
Old 01-29-10, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I hate that random California stores seem to get BDs for much cheaper than the rest of the country from time to time.
As much as I enjoy hating on WM, I admit I've been buying several $6-$10 BDs there lately for this very reason. I work walking distance from one that also happens to be piloting a no-bags bring-your-own policy.
Old 01-29-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kunert
As much as I enjoy hating on WM, I admit I've been buying several $6-$10 BDs there lately for this very reason. I work walking distance from one that also happens to be piloting a no-bags bring-your-own policy.
what has no bags policy got to do with this?
Old 01-30-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, picked this up for $9.99 at WM as a blind buy. Hope it is good.
Old 01-31-10, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You do realize the site is a DISNEY WEBSITE right? I dont think i have ever heard of anyone having any virus issues from these disney coupons.

the coupon installer has a program in it that prevents people from printing more than 2 coupons thats it. My update virus software has never once came up with anything saying a trojan.

each coupon has its own individual bar code numbers so that copies of it cant be used.
Originally Posted by Bokasmo
***VIRUS ALERT***

Is there a way to print this coupon without installing that coupons.com installer. My Avast (up-to-date) reads it as a trojan horse (embedded). I won't be installing this. Doesn't sound safe.

Does anyone have this coupon saved as a .jpg and would be so kind to forward this to me?
Old 01-31-10, 09:16 AM

Printed off the coupon only to find that no stores in my area wanted anyone to use it. Was gonna be a blind buy, but the Wal-Mart in my area had it for $28.99 or something like that, whenever they normally start new release Blu-Rays at $23.99 or cheaper. Ridiculous.
Old 01-31-10, 10:08 AM
Cool New Member

Printed off the coupon only to find that no stores in my area wanted anyone to use it. Was gonna be a blind buy, but the Wal-Mart in my area had it for $28.99 or something like that, whenever they normally start new release Blu-Rays at $23.99 or cheaper. Ridiculous.

Just thought I'd let you know that Target took 2 of my $10 off coupons for Surrogates. They not only let me use 2 coupons for the same movie on one ticket, but they did this with a smile!! No hassles...

***VIRUS ALERT***

As far as viruses go with the coupon printer... Be careful!! We installed the coupon printer on our office computer with no problems. When we installed it on our home computer a few days later, it was filled with trojan horses, and it was a b..ch to get it off!! My husband was ready to kill me!! We had to do a system restore, and remove the program entirely. Later, we went directly to the coupon printer site, and downloaded it from there with no problems. It was the link we had a problem with. Listen to your virus software!!
Old 01-31-10, 10:10 AM
Cool New Member

BTW.. my Walmart was charging $28.96, and would not price-match their computer web-site to $23.32.
Bummer!!
Target has it priced for $24.99, and since they are not for me, it was well worth it!!