Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Weekly Ad: January 31 - February 6, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Weekly Ad: January 31 - February 6, 2010

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I went to two BB's today and was told at both that the Blu nut up edition didn't exist. One had a cardboard Zombieland display and half the top section was empty. That led me to believe that they sold out and really have no idea what they are talking about.
This was my exact experience at two BBs today as well. Trying to convince them that the special edition BD existed was a really frustrating attempt, I guess I'll just resign to never picking this up.
Old 02-02-10, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Same thing happened to me, claimed it was DVD only which I knew wasn't true. I think it really sux people who have jobs in the day get punished for this. I got off at 4 PM & I knew I wasn't going to be lucky with this.
Old 02-02-10, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to Best Buy around 12:30 this afternoon and there weren't any Blu-ray "Nut Ups" at mine either. I asked what I assume to be a mute customer service rep (I asked him if they had it and, without acknowledging I had even spoken to him, he walked to the new release section [where I had just looked] and saw that there weren't any and walked away). Oh well, bought the regular Blu-ray edition.
Old 02-02-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Went to mine at lunch and while they the DVDs, no BDs for the Nut Up SE... Might check back on Thursday, see if they get any in.

BTW, the website has the BD for $23.99, $1 less than the in-store price.
Old 02-02-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Is The "Nut Up" Version of ZombieLand Available in Blu-ray at Best Buy?

This situation has me fuming. I was at Best Buy before 10:30AM and the media employee already knew about the BD Nut Up version and he said he hadn't seen any. It wasn't like I dragged my feet and waited until 2pm.

At another BB, it said that they had 18 BDs in stock. We counted only 10. That means 8 were unaccounted for. I called 2 other BB and they had no knowledge of the Nut Up BD either. This sucks.

Last edited by Darth Maher; 02-02-10 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-02-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Went to mine at lunch and while they the DVDs, no BDs for the Nut Up SE... Might check back on Thursday, see if they get any in.
I should have asked if they were getting more in stock, but given they didn't believe they existed in the first place I doubt the answer would have been helpful.
Old 02-02-10, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sign of the NUt up BD anywhere, but plenty of the SD Nut up edition.
Old 02-02-10, 07:14 PM

First Best Buy: Zero Nut Up editions and 3 regular Blu's.

Second Best Buy: none of either.
Old 02-02-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know these are supposed to be be limited edition, but this is ridiculous.

I urge all who missed out to contact Best Buy and voice your opinion. As always, be polite. I chose to e-mail them because I'd probably bust a nut if I called them.
Old 02-02-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
I know these are supposed to be be limited edition, but this is ridiculous.

I urge all who missed out to contact Best Buy and voice your opinion. As always, be polite. I chose to e-mail them because I'd probably bust a nut if I called them.
If I were writing a letter, I would suggest telling them that they are underestimating the number of Blu-Ray buyers out there and need to order more of high-def exclusives in the future. Because they had plenty of the DVDs at the BB I went to (which seems to be other people's experience as well). And wasn't the Hurt Locker BB Blu Exclusive equally rare?
Old 02-02-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
If I were writing a letter, I would suggest telling them that they are underestimating the number of Blu-Ray buyers out there and need to order more of high-def exclusives in the future. Because they had plenty of the DVDs at the BB I went to (which seems to be other people's experience as well). And wasn't the Hurt Locker BB Blu Exclusive equally rare?
You nailed it, I saw about 25 copies of Zombieland on DVD at the Best Buy I went to, but not a single copy of Zombieland on Blu-Ray of either variety. On top of that, they only had one copy of Ong Bak left (which I bought) no copies of Godfather I, maybe one copy of Amelia. It was ridiculous. And yes, Hurt Locker was just as bad, every copy of the Steelbook was gone within hours, and they never got anymore. Best Buy needs to "nut up" their stock of Blu-Rays.
Old 02-02-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yep, I got the disappointment today when I called the store. I preordered for store pickup, so I decided to call in to make sure that the copy reserved for me was the NUT UP copy. Not only could they not find a NUT UP copy in the store, but the friendly lady also told me that there was no such SKU in the system. There is only one BD version of the movie available. What a screw-up. I probably would have ordered from Amazon had I known.

I agree, please, everyone should send them an email kindly telling them that they dropped the ball.
Old 02-02-10, 09:09 PM

The SKU for both versions is the same. I lucked out and picked up the Blu-ray edition, but since I'm planning on ordering the Amazon.de Blu-ray SteelBook also, I might hang on to this since it sounds like the value will go up, and get the DVD Exclusive instead, and then combine that with my SteelBook. Decisions, decisions.
Old 02-02-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Called one Best Buy and they said they had no Blu-Ray Nut Up discs. Called another and the woman said she had one and would put it on hold.

So I went to the store tonight and there were TEN people in the customer service line so I decided to try my luck on the shelves first. Media guy said there was no such edition in Blu-Ray but it had the extra disc w/the feature stuff anyway, same as the regular dvd w/Nut Up.

He said he got in an argument w/an employee at the front desk that didn't believe him that the photo ad was incorrect.

So I took the Blu-Ray and THEN did a search here. DUH. Now I'm wondering if there really is the Nut Up version waiting for me or maybe they put it back.

I don't need another 20 min. out of my way trip. OY.

Last edited by Buford T Pusser; 02-02-10 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-02-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm having trouble emailing Best Buy with my comments. Anyone else getting a white screen on submit?
Old 02-02-10, 10:12 PM

Best Buy makes my piss boil. Of course, it's not just this debacle but just their crappy store and service in general. I would not have even bothered with this had I not had a gift card from Christmas. I will be advising my relatives to never give me a Best Buy gift card ever again... ever.
Old 02-02-10, 10:24 PM
Banned

No Nut Up at my Best Buy either. Best Buy also screwed up with the advertised mini comic in the Planet Hulk release. There wasn't any mini comic and the only thing special was a mini poster in the 2 disc DVD SE.
Old 02-02-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Zombieland even worth $24.99? Or is it more the determination to find a Nut Up version?
Old 02-02-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bad Best Buy

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
I'm having trouble emailing Best Buy with my comments. Anyone else getting a white screen on submit?
Probably overloaded with people voicing their opinions about this poorly executed promotion.

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Best Buy makes my piss boil. Of course, it's not just this debacle but just their crappy store and service in general. I would not have even bothered with this had I not had a gift card from Christmas. I will be advising my relatives to never give me a Best Buy gift card ever again... ever.
I'm getting to that point as well. My wife still tells anyone who asks to get me a BB GC (because the 's the ways it's been for the 10 years that she's known me), but I'd rather get an Amazon CG now. Better prices and a better selection.
Old 02-02-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Is Zombieland even worth $24.99? Or is it more the determination to find a Nut Up version?
IMO, the movie itself is worth it. But the fact the price for the Nut Up is exactly the price of the regular version and the fact that its release day and I went pretty early to get one, I'd rather have that version. It's more the principle of it.
Old 02-02-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
It was one of the funnier movies I have seen in quite awhile. Enjoyed it much more than Shaun of the Dead which I really liked.

Went about 11:00 am and couldn't find Nut up edition bluray on shelf. Asked employee and she walked me to stand at front of store with loads of DVDs, standard blus and exactly 2 copies of nut up bluray left. Took one of them.
Old 02-02-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the people who found the Zombieland bonus disc, how is it? I do not have a blu-ray player yet, so I'm willing to wait for a price drop since $25 seems expensive for this. So I'm wondering if I should get the Best Buy exclusive if I can find it?
Old 02-02-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
For the people who found the Zombieland bonus disc, how is it? I do not have a blu-ray player yet, so I'm willing to wait for a price drop since $25 seems expensive for this. So I'm wondering if I should get the Best Buy exclusive if I can find it?
Well, you can get the bonus disc in an SD-DVD 2-disc Exclusive Set as well, one that is apparently much easier to find than the Blu-Ray 2-disc.
Old 02-02-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Well, you can get the bonus disc in an SD-DVD 2-disc Exclusive Set as well, one that is apparently much easier to find than the Blu-Ray 2-disc.
Yeah, I know about the DVD. Best Buy is charging extra for DVD exclusive, so I rather get the Blu-ray if the exclusive is worth it.
Old 02-02-10, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There were at least 40-50 copies of the Nut-up BD at my Yonkers, NY store this morning.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.