Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Bourne Films $5 Each at Target/Best Buy Pricematch (After $10 Moviecash!)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 01-19-10, 11:22 AM

$15 each at Target, price match at Best Buy, $10 moviecash free in each to get into your local multiplex to see a movie (it says GREEN ZONE on the sticker is the name of the movie you are supposed to use it for). Just partition the $10 theater going movie savings to the cost of the discs and, voila...Bourne films for $5 each

This isn't even counting the free pizza deal inside (admittedly, not truly free, but in theory you could just get 6 bottles of coke plus free coupons tied into that delivered for $10 and get a free pizza out of it)

True, you have the evil double sided disc, but assuming it isn't defective- $15 for the (currently) Bourne Trilogy after the free movie money might be the deal you have been waiting for, plus each film comes with slipcovers!!

Admittedly, Amazon also has em for $15.49 right now, but if you want instant gratification or have some Best Buy merch cards to spend, Best Buy's the way to go

Last edited by indiansbsa; 01-19-10 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Bourne Films $5 Each at Target/Best Buy Pricematch (After $10 Moviecash!)

thread title is misleading...
Old 01-19-10, 11:28 AM

Its not misleading whatsoever if you can read the full title, 99.9999% of this forum's users know full well what moviecash is.
Old 01-19-10, 11:51 AM

Is this moviecash a Best Buy-only thing? Or can't I just get them from Target for the same deal?
Old 01-19-10, 11:55 AM

Not sure, someone will have to report back to confirm on that
Old 01-19-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It doesn't cost $10 to go to the movies here in TX. Therefore it's more like... $8-9 apiece. Your logic is flawed, sir.
Old 01-19-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by indiansbsa View Post
Its not misleading whatsoever if you can read the full title, 99.9999% of this forum's users know full well what moviecash is.
Yes, but you can't deduct movie cash from the cost of the BD unless it was moviecash for a movie that you were planning to pay for, and if the movie would have cost you $10 to see it. I've never heard of Green Zone, so I likely wouldn't pay full price to see it (maybe a matinee), and certainly wouldn't want to see it THREE TIMES (if I bought all 3 Bourne films) to justify deducting the ticket price from each BD. Therefore, a better thread title would be "Bourne Films $15 Each Plus Free $10 Movie Cash to see GREEN ZONE"

EDIT: Green Zone is the new Matt Damon/Paul Greengrass movie, which comes out March 12. It also stars Greg Kinnear and Brendan Gleeson.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-19-10 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Yes, but you can't deduct movie cash from the cost of the BD unless it was moviecash for a movie that you were planning to pay for, and if the movie would have cost you $10 to see it. I've never heard of that movie you mention, so I surely wouldn't pay to see it, and certainly wouldn't want to see it THREE TIMES (if I bought all 3 Bourne films). Therefore, a better thread title would be "Bourne Films $15 Each Plus Free $10 Movie Cash to see GREEN ZONE"
If you have no interest in Greengrass' Green Zone, ask the theater manager politely if you can see a different film. I'm pretty sure they'll oblige if you ask nicely. Movie theaters are about concessions more than ticket sales, on the local level anyway, if they don't, just go see Green Zone, the next Greengrass/Matt Damon flick.

Last edited by indiansbsa; 01-19-10 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by RobLutter View Post
It doesn't cost $10 to go to the movies here in TX. Therefore it's more like... $8-9 apiece. Your logic is flawed, sir.
I always thought they said "don't live in Texas" (as opposed to don't mess with texas)....j/K j/k Texas is great
Old 01-19-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Except it is misleading because when you talk about the price of a movie, you're talking about the price you pay out of pocket. Getting a $10 movie ticket voucher doesn't magically reduce the price of the Blu-Rays to $5, because you're still paying $15 out of pocket for them.
Old 01-19-10, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
thread title is misleading...
Very. Its only $5.00 kinda... Still... It's a good deal if you are interested in the movie. I just would have worded the thread title differently. I was pretty excited to see that title only to realize it involved movie cash. Now I have no interest what-so-ever.

Last edited by dkedvd; 01-19-10 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spin it this way if you want, I think its a hell of a deal and not unreasonable to partition it as $5 each and you pay Universal for 3 movie tickets in advance that you'd buy eventually anyway
You are the only one spinning anything in this thread. You are wrong. Deal with it.
Old 01-19-10, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
You are the only one spinning anything in this thread. You are wrong. Deal with it.
How do I deal with it? Can I make an appointment with you, are you in? Do you make house calls? I'm having a serious problem dealing with being wrong doc. For someone in "your own little world" there is no question you are very outspoken.

Pardon me, but some of you people need to just lighten up. The thread title is clear as crystal for 99.9999% of forum members, and I posted it as an informational kindness, nothing more, one which I think most do understand and many will take advantage of. If I balance my pocketbook on a yearly basis and want to allocate $5 each to these films and the other $10 I invested to my movie ticket fund, that's reasonable and logical considering I had to pay for this item to get the free movie ticket inside. It just seems like a number of them want $5 out the door or nothing at all, which I suppose is what it is and totally logical as well from another point of view.

Last edited by indiansbsa; 01-19-10 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll throw in another vote for poorly-worded thread title.
Old 01-19-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

99.9999% huh? looks like 100% agree that your thread title is flawed.
Old 01-19-10, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
99.9999% huh? looks like 100% agree that your thread title is flawed.
Lets see, like 330+ views so far and like 4 didn't like having to read a full sentence. Roblutter and masetodd got it and took no real issues with it. Guess my math is wrong at 99.9999%, more like 97% of people understand or don't feel the need to raise a hissy fit.

Last edited by indiansbsa; 01-19-10 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I probably won't see The Green Zone three times but I appreciate the OP's intention. It's not a bad idea to pricematch/get the free pizzas/and see a free movie.
Old 01-19-10, 02:15 PM
Cool New Member

Another vote for misleading title. I've seen 2 movies in theaters the last 2 years, Indiana Jones and The Hangover so moviecash means absolutely nothing to me. In fact, I've bought many DVD's with it included but can never make it to the theater within the 2 weeks that they give you after the movie opens before it expires. You cannot relate hypothetical future savings to an out-of-pocket expense. How many here had even heard of Green Zone before this post?

I'll try my luck at Target with the coupon and aim for $10 each out-of-pocket
Old 01-19-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since each of these movies comes with a FREE dvd version of the movie and those cost $12.99, Best Buy is actually paying us about $8 for each of the movies we buy, after Moviecash and dvd savings.
Old 01-19-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well with that logic...How much did you spend in gas to drive to Target. Also what do you make an hour? You need to add gas cost and time spent to the total cost of the DVDs if you're going to deduct for a movie ticket you may or may not use.
Old 01-19-10, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by cwwallace View Post
I probably won't see The Green Zone three times but I appreciate the OP's intention. It's not a bad idea to pricematch/get the free pizzas/and see a free movie.

As for Green Zone, I doubt anyone will see it theatrically three times. Talk to the theater manager about seeing other movies with the other coupons when you go to see the other pictures, explain you got extras. Or perhaps, in the alternative, treat a couple friends to a movie night

Last edited by indiansbsa; 01-19-10 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by masetodd View Post
Is this moviecash a Best Buy-only thing? Or can't I just get them from Target for the same deal?
I got mine from Target this morning and they had the sticker on the front for the free ticket. And I was also able to use the $5 coupons to pay $10 for each of them
Old 01-19-10, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
I got mine from Target this morning and they had the sticker on the front for the free ticket. And I was also able to use the $5 coupons to pay $10 for each of them
Very nice!! Id go Targeting myself, but I had gift card money burning in my wallet, but thats a damn good deal
Old 01-19-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

haha i had a $60 gift card from there. So I picked up Weeds season 5 and all three bourne films...and still have $10 left over. I might go back and get Edward Scissorhands for $5 w/ the coupon haha
Old 01-19-10, 03:21 PM

good intentions, bad thread title.

though Green Zone does look pretty good...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.