Thx.

Finally picked it up.
Old 01-19-10, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Star Trek $16.99 at Amazon

Isn't this matching Best Buy?
Old 01-19-10, 06:10 PM

Yep it is matching Best Buy's ad. And I finally picked it up last night.
Old 01-19-10, 10:48 PM

Yup, picked it up at Best Buy and used a $8 coupon from an Insignia Blu-Ray player purchase. $10 for Star Trek 3 Disc.
Old 01-19-10, 10:56 PM
Cool New Member

I snagged it tonight with my amazon prime membership but I'm a little bitter that yesterday (Monday) Amazon had it as a gold box for $18.99 knowing full well that the next day they would be price matching Best Buy at $16.99. That's a little sleazy. I was waiting for the price match before buying. Anyone who bought it at $18.99 as a gold box buy should be screaming at them. Just seems wrong tempting people at one price knowing that the next day you would be dropping it even lower. Oh well. That's why we do our research I suppose!
Old 01-20-10, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up also. Good deal considering no tax and free shipping with prime. I was wondering when it would drop under $20. Thanks BB.

it was one of my gold box deals too.
Old 01-20-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Jersey doesn't have to pay tax on Amazon? I'm across the river and have to
Old 01-20-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by matome View Post
^Jersey doesn't have to pay tax on Amazon? I'm across the river and have to
no, thank goodness but we have to if we shop at newegg since they have a warehouse here.
Old 01-20-10, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Duh, didn't realize from the thread title that this was the new movie. not sure if I need to pull the trigger--I got it from Netflix and haven't watched it yet.
Old 01-20-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Duh, didn't realize from the thread title that this was the new movie. not sure if I need to pull the trigger--I got it from Netflix and haven't watched it yet.
IMO, it's worth owning. I loved the movie. I've been a moderate Trek fan for some time, and it's nice to see that they're trying to rejuvenate the franchise. The blu ray itself is also excellent (both picture and sound quality are awesome)
Old 01-20-10, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by chanc View Post
Yup, picked it up at Best Buy and used a $8 coupon from an Insignia Blu-Ray player purchase. $10 for Star Trek 3 Disc.
I've tried this coupon before and it took the $10 off the regular price. Didn't use it though. Is it now taking it off the sale price? If it is so I can go back and try it.
Old 01-20-10, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by pepsiguy View Post
I've tried this coupon before and it took the $10 off the regular price. Didn't use it though. Is it now taking it off the sale price? If it is so I can go back and try it.
Well, it wasn't automatic, but there is nothing in the coupon that states you can't use it on a sale item. The cashier checked with a nearby cashier and she said just go ahead and enter as manufacturer coupon.

I liked this movie and think it would be a good movie to pop in and show off the player with. Could have gotten Transformers 2 for the same price, but it was free with the Insignia.
Old 01-21-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by edclem View Post
IMO, it's worth owning. I loved the movie. I've been a moderate Trek fan for some time, and it's nice to see that they're trying to rejuvenate the franchise. The blu ray itself is also excellent (both picture and sound quality are awesome)
I loved it in the theater but it's faded a bit for me. I'd probably love it if I watched it again.
Old 01-22-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq View Post
I snagged it tonight with my amazon prime membership but I'm a little bitter that yesterday (Monday) Amazon had it as a gold box for $18.99 knowing full well that the next day they would be price matching Best Buy at $16.99. That's a little sleazy. I was waiting for the price match before buying. Anyone who bought it at $18.99 as a gold box buy should be screaming at them. Just seems wrong tempting people at one price knowing that the next day you would be dropping it even lower. Oh well. That's why we do our research I suppose!
Before you get even more pissy, Amazon should automatically credit your account for the difference. If you don't expect them to do that, they guarantee the price and you can contact customer service to get them to refund you the difference.

Good price. I'm in. Get to use Prime too!
Old 01-22-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to Amazon, this price is part of a promotion that ends on January 24. At that point, I assume that it will go back up to $19 or $20. By November I trust that it will be down to $10 or so.
Old 01-22-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq View Post
was it a lightning deal or a gold box deal? gold box deals are not done manually. there is not an Amazon emplyee who goes through everyone's account deciding which personalized offers you should get.

the gold box is an automated system that gives deals based on buying/browsing history.

Originally Posted by rfduncan View Post
Before you get even more pissy, Amazon should automatically credit your account for the difference. If you don't expect them to do that, they guarantee the price and you can contact customer service to get them to refund you the difference.

Good price. I'm in. Get to use Prime too!

Amazon does not guarantee the price. that ended months ago. you can still call and ask for a credit and you will likely get one (they state it as a one time courtesy) but in no way do they have to honor it as there is no price guarantee like the old days
Old 01-24-10, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

Wasn't trying to be pissy! Just thought it was a little sleazy. I had been checking Amazon waiting for them to price match BB and instead of a price match they were tempting me with a gold box deal at $18.99! I guess I forgot that gold box deals are generated based upon your shopping trends so perhaps now it's not so sleazy. I still Amazon and I love my Prime membership. I'm an Amazon addict. I buy a ton of MP3's from them also as I much prefer their MP3 downloads over I Tunes.
Old 02-24-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon dropped Star Trek back down to $16.99 again, after a time at $19.99.