Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Old 01-18-10, 10:34 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,550
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
$12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more



Note: I learned after I took the picture that Fight Club wasn't listed on the display anywhere, and I didn't scan the one copy in the display to verify the price. It might just be $12 as well, however, along with a sole copy of Man on Fire in there.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 01-19-10 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-19-10, 12:12 AM
  #2  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
Note: I learned after I took the picture that Fight Club wasn't listed on the display anywhere, and I didn't scan the one copy in the display to verify the price. It might just be $12 as well, however, along with a sole copy of Man on Fire in there.
hmm I don't see a picture anywhere even though when I quote your msg I see the tags. Tried to copy and paste the URL and page came up blank for me.
Old 01-19-10, 12:17 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,550
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by gmess View Post
hmm I don't see a picture anywhere even though when I quote your msg I see the tags. Tried to copy and paste the URL and page came up blank for me.
Odd, picture's in the message. Here's what's in the image:

X-Men (just the first)
Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
The Happening
Hitman
Mirrors
Eragon
Goldfinger
Silence of the Lambs
Alien Vs. Predator
Castaway
The Wrestler
Juno
Old 01-19-10, 12:21 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,043
Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

I don't see the picture either, but thanks for posting the list.
Old 01-19-10, 12:22 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dhmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 7,406
Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by gmess View Post
hmm I don't see a picture anywhere even though when I quote your msg I see the tags. Tried to copy and paste the URL and page came up blank for me.
The image is given as just 1x1 pixels after doing that.
Old 01-19-10, 12:26 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,550
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
I don't see the picture either, but thanks for posting the list.
Sure thing. I re-uploaded the image, so hopefully it'll show now.
Old 01-19-10, 03:07 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Some good deals to be had, I hope Amazon price-matches. I hate wally world.
Old 01-19-10, 06:45 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 7,830
Received 164 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

The display at my store also had The Princess Bride, which I snagged the last copy of for $12.
Old 01-19-10, 06:56 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,889
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Any signs of X2?
Old 01-19-10, 07:13 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
The display at my store also had The Princess Bride, which I snagged the last copy of for $12.
I almost bought that one too last week, but I don't think I've ever watched my DVD of it so I passed.
Old 01-19-10, 09:22 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

I bought a bunch from this display when the Fox $3 off and Smartsource $3 off coupons were still active for many of these titles ... making them $9 each.

Unfortunately, those coupons expired on Jan 6th.
Old 01-19-10, 09:23 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I almost bought that one too last week, but I don't think I've ever watched my DVD of it so I passed.
The Princess Bride BD includes the DVD too, making it a pretty good deal.
Old 01-19-10, 09:52 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
The Princess Bride BD includes the DVD too, making it a pretty good deal.
Yeah, but isn't it the original bare-bones version?
Old 01-19-10, 10:55 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: oak lawn,IL.
Posts: 555
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
Yeah, but isn't it the original bare-bones version?
It's the new 20th anniversary dvd inside.
Old 01-19-10, 11:28 AM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Morris Plains, NJ
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by ebertofsmut View Post
Some good deals to be had, I hope Amazon price-matches. I hate wally world.
Right now, Amazon has X-Men and X2 for $13.99 each. It's not $12 each. But, it's still pretty good.
Old 01-19-10, 12:05 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 10,454
Received 154 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Just curious, did Fox drop the 3rd disc (digital copy) from the X-Men releases? Amazon says they're two disc sets...
Old 01-19-10, 12:09 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,608
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by Artman View Post
Just curious, did Fox drop the 3rd disc (digital copy) from the X-Men releases? Amazon says they're two disc sets...
Only the boxset version of the X-Men films included a digital copy.
Old 01-19-10, 02:39 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,394
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Thanks for the heads-up! I might have to pick up The Wrestler
Old 01-19-10, 04:05 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,728
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

I just checked my closest wal mart and they only had about half of the titles listed. They didn't have The Wrestler which is why I went in. Hopefully the bigger store I'm checking tonight has it.
Old 01-19-10, 05:52 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
PopcornBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 2,248
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

There was no display at my local Wal-Mart. The $12 blu's were mixed in with the other DVD's and the selection wasn't that big. It was only a few titles (X-Men, Eragon, Man on Fire, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and one or two others.) I picked up Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but no sign of Hitman which I was also looking for.
Old 01-19-10, 09:47 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere Far, Far Away...
Posts: 817
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Does the Blu Mr. & Mrs. Smith have the ext. director cut scenes?
Old 01-20-10, 12:31 AM
  #22  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

It appears that Walmart might be planning on flexing out just about every single DVD title with the setup I saw today. Every end-cap had stacks of DVDs for $5 (in addition to the normal bargain bins), and several of these blu titles had been placed where DVDs used to be.

I also want to add that Air Force One had been marked at 12 dollars next to some of these titles, but it actually had a pink price sticker on each copy and didn't have a shelf tag for it. I also believe I saw Boondock Saints and Godzilla mixed in with these. However, I must note again that my local Walmart pitched the shipper and instead just shelved the product.
Old 01-20-10, 03:26 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,728
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit View Post
There was no display at my local Wal-Mart. The $12 blu's were mixed in with the other DVD's and the selection wasn't that big. It was only a few titles (X-Men, Eragon, Man on Fire, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and one or two others.) I picked up Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but no sign of Hitman which I was also looking for.
Same at both of my local stores. I was really hoping to find The Wrestler
Old 01-20-10, 08:08 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by ds6161 View Post
Does the Blu Mr. & Mrs. Smith have the ext. director cut scenes?
No
Old 01-20-10, 01:51 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sanger, TX
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $12 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart -- X-Men, The Wrestler, Juno, and more

Originally Posted by RichBecker View Post
It appears that Walmart might be planning on flexing out just about every single DVD title with the setup I saw today. Every end-cap had stacks of DVDs for $5 (in addition to the normal bargain bins), and several of these blu titles had been placed where DVDs used to be.

I also want to add that Air Force One had been marked at 12 dollars next to some of these titles, but it actually had a pink price sticker on each copy and didn't have a shelf tag for it. I also believe I saw Boondock Saints and Godzilla mixed in with these. However, I must note again that my local Walmart pitched the shipper and instead just shelved the product.
Air Force One is $13.00. I found it in a different section with Anaconda, Blue Thunder SE, Starship Troopers

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.