DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/567899-hurt-locker-blu-ray.html)

Bleeding Blue 01-12-10 04:49 PM

Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray?

Has anyone found a better price that the $24.99 offered @ Best Buy for The Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray?

TGM 01-12-10 04:53 PM

re: Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray?

50 cents less at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Hurt-Locker-Bl...3336737&sr=8-1

MarkHarrill 01-12-10 06:32 PM

Funny how this is something I have wanted to see since it I saw the trailer and I have ZERO interest in paying more than $19.99 for it. The holidays definitely conditioned me and I can wait.

vietduckboi 01-12-10 06:57 PM

yeah, 25 is way too high. 20 is maybe doable

clipse294 01-12-10 06:58 PM

I could hardly find the regular BD version in stores. Went to 2 Best Buys, out of stock and found 1 at the second Target I went to.

gryffinmaster 01-12-10 07:02 PM

Depending on what the price is in-store at Borders, you can probably get it for around $20 with the $10 off $30 coupon available in the Borders coupon thread.

Bleeding Blue 01-12-10 11:05 PM

I went to two different Best Buys and got shut out. Also, the Target by my house was sold out. I called Borders and they didn't receive any today. FYI, there list price is $34.99 so the 33% off coupon brings the price down to $24.49.

It's definitely the best movie of 2009. I caught it in the theater and I couldn't wait for the Blu-Ray release.

jiggyblau 01-13-10 09:22 AM

I just picked it up at B&N with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer. I got it with Weeds and 8 1/2 for $58 shipped including tax. For three new releases/preorders, it seemed like a great deal. (Oddly enough, Zombieland didn't work for the offer but Weeds did.)

tpockets 01-13-10 09:39 AM

Best Buy has an exclusive SteelBook that is sold out most places since most BB got two or three copies. The regular Blu-Ray copies also seem to be hard to find there. Not sure why BB wouldn't stock more copies of a movie with this much awards buzz.

kenbenobi 01-13-10 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by tpockets (Post 9940410)
Best Buy has an exclusive SteelBook that is sold out most places since most BB got two or three copies. The regular Blu-Ray copies also seem to be hard to find there. Not sure why BB wouldn't stock more copies of a movie with this much awards buzz.

It is available to order from bb.com. I know you have to pay shipping, but if you want it badly enough, at least you have that option...

highclassrob 01-13-10 10:49 AM

I ordered the hurt locker through bn.com since they had a buy 2 get 1 free blu ray deal. I ordered moon, hurt locker and H2. They shipped H2 and said the release dates had changed on Moon and The Hurt Locker. They're supposed to ship later. But I could have sworn I saw The hurt locker at walmart. Did it get pushed back? Sell out? I preordered them so i thought I'd have no problem.

tpockets 01-13-10 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9940434)
It is available to order from bb.com. I know you have to pay shipping, but if you want it badly enough, at least you have that option...

SteelBook isn't available for shipping just the regular version. I ordered the SteelBook with instore pickup. Now just have to see if they try to give me the regular version when I go pick t up. Since it Is surprising the SteelBook is in stock.

BuckNaked2k 01-13-10 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by highclassrob (Post 9940546)
I ordered The Hurt Locker through bn.com since they had a buy 2 get 1 free blu-ray deal. I ordered Moon, Hurt Locker and H2. They shipped H2 and said the release dates had changed on Moon and The Hurt Locker. They're supposed to ship later. But I could have sworn I saw The Hurt Locker at walmart. Did it get pushed back? Sell out? I pre-ordered them so I thought I'd have no problem.

Hurt Locker is out.....was released yesterday. I'm looking at the B2G3 deal at BN also, but decided to wait until tomorrow as there is a 15% off coupon about to go live.

kenbenobi 01-13-10 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by tpockets (Post 9940593)
SteelBook isn't available for shipping just the regular version. I ordered the SteelBook with instore pickup. Now just have to see if they try to give me the regular version when I go pick t up. Since it Is surprising the SteelBook is in stock.

Ahhh... I saw that i could add it to my cart, so I assumed it could be ordered. Kinda dumb that you can't...

DirkUSA 01-13-10 01:40 PM

Just went to Target to get a copy and zero!
Well, I ordered one from Amazon now. Looking forward to watch it on the weekend.

creekdipper 01-13-10 02:16 PM

My copy from Columbia House just arrived a little while ago in the mail. I got it as part of the current 3 for $60 deal & combined it with a B1G1 code to get 3 blu-rays & 3 standard 2-disc special editions for around $65 total (including our 10% sales tax). I was able to get them while free shipping was still in effect.

Came out to around $11 per blu-ray/special edition. I can sell the standard SE's for $10-$15 each, which brings the blu-ray prices down to $7-$11 each.

The deal is still on except free shipping is no longer active, which makes each movie around $13.22 each. Still not bad, but I'll wait for another FSH offer to combine with a future 3 for $60 deal.

Details are in the club subforum if you're interested.

zekeburger1979 01-13-10 05:51 PM

I went to Best Buy today to get the Steelbook, but they didn't have any. The employee told me that he wasn't sure when they would get more, but that more are coming, since the sku is active in the system.

Damn leeches on eBay are selling the Steelbooks anywhere from $30-$70. Why can't these idiots leave them for people who actually want them? Rhetorical question, I know.

Osiris3657 03-07-10 11:23 PM

I guess we should all sell our copies in preparation for a "best picture" special edition?

Moopher 03-07-10 11:46 PM

Well I haven't seen it and been waiting to buy, so if someone wants to sell me a copy and reasonable price, PM me.

zekeburger1979 03-08-10 12:31 AM

Re: Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray?

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 (Post 9941380)
Damn leeches on eBay are selling the Steelbooks anywhere from $30-$70. Why can't these idiots leave them for people who actually want them? Rhetorical question, I know.

$35 to $140 now.

snausages 03-08-10 02:17 AM

Re: Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray?

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 (Post 10037694)
$35 to $140 now.

The damaged used copies are for the lower asking price...any new pristine SteelBooks will go for at least $80 and up..and now after the Oscars it will go higher my guess.