Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

40% off used Blu @ gohastings.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-10, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 40% off used Blu @ gohastings.com

Originally Posted by flashburn
In general what is the condition of the "Previously Viewed" Blu-ray's you have gotten? The majority of the ones I wanted didn't have Used stock any more, so I was stuck with getting the Previously Viewed ones.
I have never ordered the previously viewed. They shipped me one last sale instead of a used one and it was in a regular dvd case.
Old 01-08-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Site is down again
Old 01-08-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Oh man, to me that would suck even worse! Going through all the flippin' hassle of actually getting an order through on their website only to have all or a portion cancelled... due once again to their crappy inventory control... I always try to be at least civil when speaking with customer service folks by phone, but I'm afraid that might push me over the edge into saying some rather unkind things. How sites like this can even exist and/or make money boggles my mind given their inventory issues...
Have you seen their prices?

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Agreed on it being a huge waste of time. Very few good titles to begin with, only marginally good deals, especially when weighed against the potential of receiving damaged or inaccurate discs, plus the never ending frustration of dealing with an outmoded, inadequate, ridiculously archaic site. At some point you have to question what your time is worth compared to wading through colossally undesirable titles only to discover that the one or two of any merit either sold out hours before or were never really available in the first place, given the unreliability of anything on that site. It's my last go for GoHastings until they decide to stop crawling out of the 20th century and make the leap forward. I can get along just fine without dreck like LEATHERHEADS and 10,000 B.C., no matter how cheap it is.
Why would you have to "wade through colossally undesirable titles" when there is a search bar? Gohastings isn't forcing you to check their entire inventory for the select few titles you may want. I'm not even sure what to make of this complaint. This company only sells Leatherheads and 10,000 B.C., they did not make the movies. Should they start only selling titles you feel are worthy?
To tell you the truth I wish there were more people that felt the way you do. Then I could have gotten all the titles I wanted that are now OOS.
Old 01-08-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
I have never ordered the previously viewed. They shipped me one last sale instead of a used one and it was in a regular dvd case.
Ouch that blows. I'll probably return any that aren't in their original cases then.
Old 01-08-10, 03:53 PM

here is a pic of my haul from the last couple of sales.

and here are the ones that were wrong versions

I reordered them on the second order and got the correct versions.

I ordered 29 this time and added to those, I have avg. about $7.00 each.
Old 01-08-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Have you seen their prices?

Why would you have to "wade through colossally undesirable titles" when there is a search bar? Gohastings isn't forcing you to check their entire inventory for the select few titles you may want. I'm not even sure what to make of this complaint. This company only sells Leatherheads and 10,000 B.C., they did not make the movies. Should they start only selling titles you feel are worthy?
To tell you the truth I wish there were more people that felt the way you do. Then I could have gotten all the titles I wanted that are now OOS.
Not all of us hit these sales with only certain titles in mind. I, for one, use sales like this to upgrade my existing library from SD to BD. At present, my library contains upwards of 750 titles (yeah, I know, a miniscule amount compared to some here), roughly 80% of which are still SD. This necessitates wading through the sales, and on most DVD sites, this is not a problem - more like the modest effort that often results in good deals, because items that aren't in-stock aren't listed and once an item is in your cart and/or purchased, it's not going to simply evaporate and leave you with an "oops! our bad!" email from the seller. On GoHastings' site, however, with their lack of real-time inventory control, it is a frustration beyond measure. In this day and technological age, there's simply no excuse to display items that aren't even in stock, let alone pulling items out of a customer's cart because they've magically gone out of stock while the customer was busy perusing the site's (alleged) inventory. To then allow an order to go through only to cancel all or a portion of it later on because those precious few items that were supposedly in-stock at the time of purchase also disappeared from stock between the time of purchase and fulfillment... well, that's just flat-out absurd and incredibly poor business practices. One can only hope their crappy way of doing business will soon backfire on them.

Arrgh!!!!

Site is down yet again and most of blu's I was interested in seem to have been picked off as well. Looks like I may still be able to get a few movies I was looking for, provided the site ever makes it back up again.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In response to Dino, the search bar for individual titles did not work for me for twenty minutes today, after which I gave up on the entire plan of finding anything. No matter what title I entered into the search it came up with the page saying that they were working on the page and/or that the system was not operating properly.

If you are happy with their wholly antiquated search system, so be it. As far as I'm concerned, there are sites with better search engines and take up less of my time, which equals the amount of money I might be saving at Hastings.

As for not knowing what to make of my complaint about undesirable titles, since I couldn't use the search feature as it was intended and was unable to only seek out titles I wanted, I stand by my bitch/moan regarding the total blu shit they had in this sale, while fully and politely acknowledging that my shit may be someone else's caviar.
Old 01-08-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The search function is not working properly now because the site is down. This happens to all major sites when they are flooded with this many people. Do you honestly think it's like this all the time? You can visit plenty of different sites as we speak whose search function is working just fine. The reason for that being they are not having this good of a sale. Let's see Best Buy have a $5 BD sale and see how long that site lasts.

Last edited by dino88; 01-08-10 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It isn't only the glitches of today, I've had troubles with that site countless times and in general feel their search technology is very, very sub-standard and primitive. There have been discussions on this in the past over at the SD forum. But suffice to say we can agree to disagree and move on.

And also suffice to say, BWSMOM, we can agree to agree. How lucky BW must be to have such a perceptive Mom.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 01-08-10 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys, these are BLU-RAYS. They have scratch resistant surfaces, meaning the chances of you getting one in bad condition is FAR less than getting a dvd from GoHastings in bad condition. So far I've ordered 10 used from them and out of that 100% were in "like new" condition.

Also, I was seconds from completing my order when the site went offline. That's irritating.
Old 01-08-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The site is really pissing me off. I can view listing but when I click on an individual title I get a system error..LMAO
Old 01-08-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong
The site is really pissing me off. I can view listing but when I click on an individual title I get a system error..LMAO
As has been mentioned above, move your cursor over the item picture until "quick view" comes up. If you click this, the item will be added to your cart.

Last edited by Mr. Foo; 01-08-10 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Foo
As has been mentioned above, move your cursor over the item picture until "quick view" comes up. If you click this, the item will be added to your cart.

Thanks. Now if I could just find something that was In Stock!!!
Old 01-08-10, 05:32 PM

Not sure about everyone else, but I was finally able to place an order and picked up the following:

Ghost Rider Used - Blu-ray $3.44
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $8.63
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.34
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $5.27
X-Men Used (Slim Case) - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.63
The Dark Knight Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.999999999998

Although not all Blu-Ray's I didn't think the overall price of $29.30 was too bad after shipping was included. Would have loved to have added Stargate, BSG: The Plan, Green Lantern: First Flight and Star Wars: The Clone Wars to the cart, but all of these were already OOS. BTW - If you purchase 3 used DVD's, the third (of equal or lesser value) will be added to the cart for a $1.
Old 01-08-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 446 Likes on 252 Posts

I actually feel a little guilty that I was able to get in all those orders early this morning. Usually I'm in the boat of always arriving late for these sales and the choice Blu-rays being sold out so my luck finally came through (although I am pretty sure I'm going to have quite a few cancellations)

You would think that if they are having such a big sale as this then they must have a lot of product on hand that they want to get rid of fast. But it looks like, overall, they don't have much inventory which is very strange.
Old 01-08-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now the website says its under maintenance. I just got off work and haven't gotten to partake in this sale yet. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it still be up there once the site is up and running again!
Old 01-08-10, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

shittiest site ever.

If your site is THIS bad, give it up, Freakin Upgrade!
Old 01-08-10, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
Now the website says its under maintenance. I just got off work and haven't gotten to partake in this sale yet. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it still be up there once the site is up and running again!
everything that was good is gone. Your out of luck on this one...unless you are all about blu-ray and will buy bad movies just cause they are cheap.
Old 01-08-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by foofighters7
shittiest site ever.

If your site is THIS bad, give it up, Freakin Upgrade!
They just upgraded/improved the site a few months ago.
Old 01-08-10, 05:50 PM

hahaha, that is very sad!

did they upgrade it with toothpicks and bubblegum?
Old 01-08-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by foofighters7
hahaha, that is very sad!

did they upgrade it with toothpicks and bubblegum?
All I'll say is the new website is a huge improvement... I dislike the main page though! I don't like how it's slanted.
Old 01-08-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Managed to squeeze in an order about thirty minutes ago:

Items:
Quantity:1 Drag Me to Hell Used - Blu-ray $7.55
Quantity:1 Star Trek Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $9.50
Quantity:1 Wanted Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.24
Quantity:1 Doomsday Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.77

Merchandise:$26.06
Tax: $0.00 (OR)
Shipping/Handling:$5.99
Promotional: -$5.00
Total:$27.05
Old 01-08-10, 05:58 PM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

all the AAA good stuff was gone in no time but i manage to get some pretty good to ok stuff

Julie & Julia Used - Blu-ray $9.37
Drag Me to Hell Used - Blu-ray $7.55
Fast & Furious Used - Blu-ray $6.18

and filler DVDs to reach the 5off $25 quota:
Heartbreak Ridge Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.79
Celtic Pride Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.79

Merchandise:$25.68
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$6.99
Total:$27.67
Old 01-08-10, 06:39 PM

Finally got in an order right after the last time the site went down and came back up:

Eagle Eye Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $5.06
The International Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $3.75
Batman: Gotham Knight Used - Blu-ray $4.31
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep Used - Blu-ray $4.43
Justice League: The New Frontier Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.41
State of Play Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $6.35

Tried to put in a second order for another 6 discs, but by the time I had selected the 6th, 4 of them were out of stock. Among these were cinematic gems like Streets of Blood and The Thaw (direct-to-video flicks with Val Kilmer) so it would seem that people are just buying anything at this point (my excuse is that Kilmer is my favorite actor).

But, I can't complain. The prices were fantastic, and I'm pleased with the titles I was able to get.

Now I just need to buy a blu-ray player.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.