Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $10 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target $12 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

I picked up Point Break and Crank. They rang up for $10 and took $5 off with the expired coupon. No problem whatsoever.
Old 01-09-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, I printed out a sheet of 6 $5 coupons and was actually going to use it on Cloudy meatballs together with the $3 off coupon, but they were all out. They gave me a raincheck and I decided to check out the $12 display and they all rang up for $10! I grabbed Basic Instinct, Napoleon Dynamite and The Getaway. I also got Fight Club and Final Destination for $9.99 and I saw the Target bumblebee Transformers 2 with a shelf tag saying $24.99. So $19.99 wasn't too bad I thought and I could use the raincheck to knock off a couple more bucks. When I get to the register it rings up as $34.99 and I tell the guy it said $24.99. So, he just adjusts it to $24.99 (Target policy is to accept price discrepancies of $20 or less automatically) and takes my $5 coupon. I then ask for 17% off for the replacement pricematch, but he calls over a girl and ask her how to do it. She just goes: "I'm not sure how to do it, but how about we take $8 off? That should be about 17% off, right?" I just nod, pay and leave with a $34.99 Target exclusive BD for $11.99
Old 01-09-10, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never heard of this "17% off for the replacement pricematch" thing. Please elaborate cause I usually find something mispriced when I go.
Old 01-09-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by runner001
I've never heard of this "17% off for the replacement pricematch" thing. Please elaborate cause I usually find something mispriced when I go.
If Target is out of stock on a sale item you can get a raincheck. Very often it will give you the same percentage off that you would have gotten on the sale item, on another similar item from the same department. So if a DVD is on sale 17% off of the regular price, you can get 17% off of another DVD.
Old 01-09-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
If Target is out of stock on a sale item you can get a raincheck. Very often it will give you the same percentage off that you would have gotten on the sale item, on another similar item from the same department. So if a DVD is on sale 17% off of the regular price, you can get 17% off of another DVD.
I remember it now. But can you really get the 17% off from the raincheck on a specific DVD and replace it with ANY DVD or BD disc? That seems crazy.
Old 01-09-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by runner001
I remember it now. But can you really get the 17% off from the raincheck on a specific DVD and replace it with ANY DVD or BD disc? That seems crazy.
Says so right on the raincheck. Pretty good when they have stuff at 50% off or more on sale and not in stock
Old 01-10-10, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, except that the percentage must be 24% or less. The substitution policy will not print on the raincheck if the percentage is higher than that...
Old 01-10-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All of them that I tried to check at the price scanners rang up at $10 a piece for me. Used the coupons and picked up "Me, Myself, & Irene" and "Basic Instinct" for $5 a piece. Not too shabby.

Generally though, my rule is not to buy Blu-rays that haven't ported over all of the DVD features. However, "Me, Myself, & Irene" ported over the commentary and the deleted scenes (although it lost the ability to play the movie as an extended version with the deleted scenes integrated), but lost about a half an hour worth of featurettes and other small things. Since it was only $5 though, and wasn't completely barebones, I broke my rule. I plan on eventually picking up the DVD, buying a 2-disc Blu-ray case, and including the DVD with it.
Old 01-10-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
All of them that I tried to check at the price scanners rang up at $10 a piece for me. Used the coupons and picked up "Me, Myself, & Irene" and "Basic Instinct" for $5 a piece. Not too shabby.

Generally though, my rule is not to buy Blu-rays that haven't ported over all of the DVD features. However, "Me, Myself, & Irene" ported over the commentary and the deleted scenes (although it lost the ability to play the movie as an extended version with the deleted scenes integrated), but lost about a half an hour worth of featurettes and other small things. Since it was only $5 though, and wasn't completely barebones, I broke my rule. I plan on eventually picking up the DVD, buying a 2-disc Blu-ray case, and including the DVD with it.
hey! i really like your idea! think i will do that for a few dvd titles i upgraded on as well! that way i can still watch the dvd when i have no bluray availability somewhere, or in case a friend wants to borrow the movie....and
i don`t waste extra space that way!
why didn`t i think of that already
Old 01-10-10, 02:38 PM

I've been to 3 Targets and not one has the BD display up. All the other bulk merchandise is up, but still no BDs.
Old 01-10-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up The Omen and Me, Myself, and Irene for $5 each today. First time I tried to use the coupon since Nine was released. I'll probably try for a few more...
Old 01-10-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could a Mod please change the thread title to say $10, instead of $12. Also, you can remove the question mark at the end. Thanks!
Old 01-10-10, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
I've been to 3 Targets and not one has the BD display up. All the other bulk merchandise is up, but still no BDs.
Same goes for me too, no luck at 2 of the Target stores in my area (Riverside, CA). Was looking forward to checking them out too Hopefully soon!
Old 01-10-10, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by all24mend
Same goes for me too, no luck at 2 of the Target stores in my area (Riverside, CA). Was looking forward to checking them out too Hopefully soon!
I'm sure it will be coming to your area. It seems to be national, based on the number of others finding these...
Old 01-10-10, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Target $10 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

Saw both displays at the Exton & Lionville, PA stores. Plus the $5 off coupon is still working like a charm!
Old 01-10-10, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
thanks OP! but almost all of those blurays can be found at amazon or walmart for $10
problem with that is alot of peoples walmarts never have shit in the BR department like mine, 3 walmarts near me rarely have the 10 dollar blurays and when they do its the crappy ones

and as for amazon i always order from them but some people dont have CC/Debit cards or don't like ordering online, but walmart atleast here is a joke when it comes to bluray they never have anything good
Old 01-10-10, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by philip74
hey! i really like your idea! think i will do that for a few dvd titles i upgraded on as well! that way i can still watch the dvd when i have no bluray availability somewhere, or in case a friend wants to borrow the movie....and
i don`t waste extra space that way!
why didn`t i think of that already
I do this with any DVDs I upgrade to blus and I can't sell for more than $5 on amazon marketplace. I just put the blu and the DVD in a double bluray case. Also any "2-disc special edition" blus in which the second disc is only a digital copy disc, I move to a single bluray case.

I use these double bluray cases from sleevetown.com from this link:

http://www.sleevetown.com/blu-ray-hd-dvd-case.shtml
Old 01-11-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have been holding a raincheck for Funny People (for $19.99) going back to the last week of December (during that time the $3 off coupon expired from Smartsource, and another $5 off coupon for those who purchased Inglourious Basterds may go to waste.

I wonder if I could get the Hurt Locker on blu for 33% off? ($16.49) hmmm...
Old 01-11-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tofferman
I have been holding a raincheck for Funny People (for $19.99) going back to the last week of December (during that time the $3 off coupon expired from Smartsource, and another $5 off coupon for those who purchased Inglourious Basterds may go to waste.

I wonder if I could get the Hurt Locker on blu for 33% off? ($16.49) hmmm...
Nope. 24% off is the max. Your raincheck doesn't even have the substitution policy listed on it...
Old 01-11-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I use these double bluray cases from sleevetown.com from this link:

http://www.sleevetown.com/blu-ray-hd-dvd-case.shtml
Thanks for that link. Not a bad price. I may get some...
Old 01-11-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now that I've seen the light and realize how easy it is to still use the expired coupon, I bought 3 more titles for $5 each today: Entrapment, Broken Arrow, and Rising Sun. I know they don't have much for extras, but all 3 are mindless entertainment for me, and the price is right... I'll probably get 2 more of these titles for 5 bucks, but that's it. I bought too many of them from wbshop back when they let you combine 4 coupons at once. I thought $6-7 each was a bargain back then. Now it appears that I overpaid!

BTW, I did find one store where the coupon comes up as "Coupon Expired" on the register screen. I tried it the day after the coupon expired, then again yesterday just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. This was a newer store that opened in Aug or Sept. They must have a more advanced system...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-12-10 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-11-10, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Now that I've seen the light and realize how easy it is to still use the expired coupon, I bought 3 more titles for $5 each today: Entrapment, Broken Arrow, and Rising Sun. I know they don't have much for extras, but all 3 are mindless entertainment for me, and the price is right... I'll probably get 2 more of these titles for 5 bucks, but that's it. I bought too many of them from wbshop back when they let you combine 4 coupons at once. I thought $6-7 each was a bargain back then. Now it appears that I overpaid!
Actually for these priced DVDs I paid around 4.50, so I stil got them cheaper. The only ones I paid over 6 bucks for were the new releases and the BR books!

Good info ... Off to get Entrapment!
Old 01-12-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Actually for these priced DVDs I paid around 4.50, so I stil got them cheaper. The only ones I paid over 6 bucks for were the new releases and the BR books!

Good info ... Off to get Entrapment!
When I averaged out my wbshop orders, I treated all titles equally. I paid $6.08 each for 13 titles, some were higher priced titles (like new releases or books), some were lower priced, but I didn't factor any weight into what was worth more. It's just simpler to think of them as $6.08 each... Regardless, it was a great deal and I have no regrets...
Old 01-12-10, 08:54 AM

FWIW, there are 32 dvds that make up this $10 sale, and they are organized into "blocks" of 4 titles, by studio... Four studios are participating: There are three blocks of Fox titles, two Warner Brothers, two Lionsgate, and one First Look.

Fox (all marked as $12.00)
Me, Myself, and Irene
Napoleon Dynamite
Dude Where's My Car
Batman (1966)

Broken Arrow
Chain Reaction
Point Break
Rising Sun

Behind Enemy Lines
Entrapment
The Omen (1976)
Phone Booth

Warner Brothers (all marked as $12 except where noted)
Mongol
The Getaway (1972)
Rest Stop
Rest Stop 2

Pelican Brief
A Time To Kill ($19.99)
Risky Business ($10)
In the Valley of Elah

Lionsgate (all marked as $12 except where noted)
Crank
Chaos
Cutthroat Island
Reservoir Dogs

Stargate (old release - don't get it! 15th Anniversary edition is superior!)
Ninth Gate ($10)
Basic Instinct ($14.99)
Total Recall ($14.99)

First Look ($12)
Paris, je t'aime
Transiberian
Immortal
The Proposition

of course, despite markings, all ring up as $10.00.

Last edited by Ted The Bug; 01-12-10 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-12-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
FWIW, there are 32 dvds that make up this $10 sale, and they are organized into "blocks" of 4 titles, by studio... Four studios are participating: There are three blocks of Fox titles, two Warner Brothers, two Lionsgate, and one First Look.
Thanks for the organized list. Mine doesn't look as nice. I'll update the first post with yours. I like that you sorted it by studio. For those that received the $3 coupon off a Lionsgate title at checkout, this will be helpful.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.