Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target $10 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $10 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

Old 01-12-10, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target $10 Blu-Rays in Back of Store?

Picked up for $5.00 each:

BATMAN (Adam West)
THE GETAWAY (Peckinpah)
THE OMEGA MAN
BODY HEAT
THE WILD BUNCH

And for $15.00:

SLEEPING BEAUTY
Old 01-12-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Picked up for $5.00 each:

BATMAN (Adam West)
THE GETAWAY (Peckinpah)
THE OMEGA MAN
BODY HEAT
THE WILD BUNCH
Is the coupon still working?
Old 01-12-10, 04:18 PM

Didn't see it mentioned in here, but my Target had Super Troopers for $10 ($5 after coupon)
Old 01-12-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hotwls13
Didn't see it mentioned in here, but my Target had Super Troopers for $10 ($5 after coupon)
Is this a title in the back of the store for $10, or you mean this is a $9.99 title in the normal Blu-Ray aisle?
Old 01-12-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Is the coupon still working?
As of yesterday, yes. I've only found one store where it comes up as expired in their system...
Old 01-12-10, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Is this a title in the back of the store for $10, or you mean this is a $9.99 title in the normal Blu-Ray aisle?
I didn't see a $10 standee in the back of my Target, BUT they had a bunch of the same ones listed here mixed in with a few other cheapish ones on an endcap. Super Troopers WAS in fact $9.99 and not $10.
Old 01-12-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll have to look for that at my local Target. It says it's available in store on their website. Now I just have to hope the price is $9.99. If so, I'm very glad I didn't buy it at Amazon for that same price. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 01-12-10, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hotwls13
Thanks! Picked it up for $4.99 and Dogdgeball and Edward Scissorhands for $4.99 each too plus Me myself and Irene for $5. Using coupon and raincecks I also got Simpsons season 20 for $27.99 and Cloudy with a chance of meatballs for $12.99
Old 01-12-10, 10:15 PM

"Dodgeball" was $9.99 also? Or did you have to price match Best Buy?
Old 01-12-10, 10:18 PM

Still nothing down here at the 8 targets
Old 01-13-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
"Dodgeball" was $9.99 also? Or did you have to price match Best Buy?
Dodgeball scanned at $9.99 together with Edvard Scissorhands. No shelf tag indicating it though.
Old 01-13-10, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sotra
Thanks! Picked it up for $4.99 and Dogdgeball and Edward Scissorhands for $4.99 each too plus Me myself and Irene for $5. Using coupon and raincecks I also got Simpsons season 20 for $27.99 and Cloudy with a chance of meatballs for $12.99
How did you get the Simpsons and Cloudy so cheap? Or are those the SD's?

I'll have to see if I can find Dodgeball and Edward. For 5 bucks, I'll double-dip on those... The strange thing is target.com shows 18.29 for Edward Scissorhands and says it is not available in stores... Dodgeball and Super Troopers show as available in stores, so I'll get those for sure...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-13-10 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-13-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
How did you get the Simpsons and Cloudy so cheap? Or are those the SD's?

I'll have to see if I can find Dodgeball and Edward. For 5 bucks, I'll double-dip on those... The strange thing is target.com shows 18.29 for Edward Scissorhands and says it is not available in stores... Dodgeball and Super Troopers show as available in stores, so I'll get those for sure...
I did a sneaky trick - bought 2 copies each of 9 SD and Coraline SD that come with a $4 on pack coupon and then return them. When you do that Target will refund you the full price even though you paid $4 less. So, I just deducted $4 off the purchase price of the BDs. I also had a rain check for Meatballs.
I actually talked to the store manager about the coupon thing when returning and he told me it is a bit sneaky to do, but it's not illegal and it's just the way the system is set up. He also said I wasn't the first person to do that and I wouldn't be the last. Only one time had he stopped/denied someone from doing it when someone tried to return an item they had bought with a $50 coupon. And, no, this doesn't work with Target coupons - only manufacturer's coupons.
Old 01-13-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought, generally speaking, that Target accepted their coupons as long as they were still in the system. I for one am super glad that the coupon went past the expiration since my wife bought me a PS3 for my birthday and I picked up a bunch of movies I had been looking forward to seeing (ie: Inglorious Basterds, District 9, Coraline, etc.) It was much easier to justify the purchases at $5 off per movie.
Old 01-13-10, 02:13 PM

One Target has finally put some of the $10 titles out. They're mixed in with the normal BDs. With the coupon, picked up The Fast and the Furious for $10.00 and The Devil Wears Prada for $5.00. I only bought TDWP so I can take it to Walmart to get a refund of $10 I paid for it.
Old 01-13-10, 03:56 PM

I picked up "Dodgeball" and "Super Troopers" today using the coupon, for $4.99 each. Would've picked up "The Fast & The Furious" for $10 also, but I ran out of coupons.
Old 01-13-10, 04:41 PM

Cool, glad you guys are finding some decent $5 titles.
Old 01-13-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wanted to get Point Break and Risky Business, but couldn't bring myself to use an expired coupon. My conscience keeps telling me it's not right. Damn you, Jiminy.
Old 01-14-10, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought Dodgeball, Edward Scissorhands, and Super Troopers for $4.99 ea yesterday. I had an older cashier, and I swear she looked at the coupons for a full minute before she decided to scan one. I thought for sure she would either deny me because of the date, or say that I could only use one. But she ended up scanning all 3 coupons and not saying a word...

BTW, at my store, these new titles are found on an endcap on the far side of the BD aisle (where the Harry Potter BD's used to be). None of them were labeled $9.99. Most of the other titles on that endcap were OOS, but I did see that Out of Time also rang up $9.99.
Old 01-17-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 01-24-10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-17-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Also, my Target has not restocked many BDs or games that I can see since Christmas... more than 3 weeks later and the clearance section is almost empty, the game endcap displays are about 75% empty, and maybe 20% of the BD section is empty. I used to go in a couple times a month just to check for clearance games, but now it's a waste of time.
Most Targets appear to be doing a BD reset this month; cycling out titles and, if your local stores haven't already, placing all BDs in individual plastic prisons -- i.e. security cases.
Old 01-17-10, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Adboy151
Most Targets appear to be doing a BD reset this month; cycling out titles and, if your local stores haven't already, placing all BDs in individual plastic prisons -- i.e. security cases.
I noticed this with new releases, but not catalog (yet). They have been putting random DVD TV shows in them as well.
Old 01-17-10, 07:47 PM

It seems like this thread has died, and I'm guessing because few people are finding these $10 BDs and even fewer are able to use the old coupons. I finally went to my Target and looked everywhere without locating this $10 BD display. I then asked electronics if they had seen such a display and they had no idea. I gave them a few titles from the list (such as Entrapment and Pelican Brief) which they entered into their scanner and said there was no listing or online only. In fact, of the entire list posted in this thread, these are the only ones I saw at my Target in the regular section:

The only ones in the above list I didn't already have from back in December were the last 3. Without going into details, suffice it to say that the vast majority of Target employees (at least at my Target) did the exact same thing with the old coupon: they scanned the BDs, scanned the coupons (which worked) while simultaneously reading them, then said they can't accept expired coupons followed by calling over a supervisor who of course said the same thing, followed by canceling the transaction. For those who were successful, you must live in magic land with magic cashiers.
Actually, I think I just live in a land where cashiers just don't give a damn.
(Picked up MM&Irene yesterday for $5.)

Do you have a section of your store that is usually reserved for seasonal merchandise? That's where this "bulk" area is being featured along with these Blu's. If your store doesn't have this area, I guess you are out of luck. (The four stores I've been to all have this area; the signs are everywhere.)

I'm wondering if like any seasonal merch. this stuff will all go on clearance...
Old 01-18-10, 01:40 AM

These BD's are part of the new Target Marketing plan, they are trying to compete with Wal Marts idea. They are making a "super special" section in the back of the stores, with i guess what we would all call doorbuster items. My local target has one up it has everything from wine glasses to bd's. There is even a huge section of the Mill Creek boxsets for $5-$14 each (depending on what they are)-

b
Old 01-18-10, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like this thread has died, and I'm guessing because few people are finding these $10 BDs and even fewer are able to use the old coupons. I finally went to my Target and looked everywhere without locating this $10 BD display. I then asked electronics if they had seen such a display and they had no idea. I gave them a few titles from the list (such as Entrapment and Pelican Brief) which they entered into their scanner and said there was no listing or online only.
They should be located in the "Great Save Event" location of the store, which is the bulk area. I suppose it is possible some stores won't have the BD section, but the sale is a chain-wide promotion. If your store has it, that's where they would be...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.