Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Battlestar Galactica: Complete UK $163.63 to USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-10, 04:03 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Complete UK $163.63 to USA

I jumped on it. At $150, you're looking at $7.50 per disc, plus you get the far sturdier packaging of the UK version.
Old 01-06-10, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$148.88 today.

I could no longer resist and just placed my order.
Old 01-06-10, 03:52 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just emailed for a refund of the difference.
Old 01-09-10, 08:14 PM

Gonna pull the trigger on this, just had a question how did they ship it? Debating to have sent to my PO Box or to the parents house.
Old 01-11-10, 06:57 PM

Price has not changed in several weeks - showing at 101.88 BGP - which every currency exchnager I have checked comes out in the $160 - 165 (US dollars) range - not including shipping to the US... was the price significantly lower when people were posting about the 150 range (that included shipping)?
Old 01-11-10, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phephron
Price has not changed in several weeks - showing at 101.88 BGP - which every currency exchnager I have checked comes out in the $160 - 165 (US dollars) range - not including shipping to the US... was the price significantly lower when people were posting about the 150 range (that included shipping)?
Remove VAT....

Items: GBP 86.71
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08

Order Total: GBP 89.79
Payment Total: USD 150.32**
Old 01-12-10, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I got the US release for $140. It was the best Blu-ray purchase I have made yet. No regrets.

The UK price is good too though, even more so if you don't like the US packaging. It fits perfectly for me on my shelf though so it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I rather like it.
Old 01-12-10, 03:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GenPion
Well, I got the US release for $140.
How?
Old 01-12-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by junglalien
Originally Posted by GenPion
Well, I got the US release for $140.
How?
I'm guessing he bought it the first day (or week) when it came out, as Deep Discount was having their 25% off sale at the time, so when it was combined with their release date pricing, a bunch of people around here picked it up for between $140 and $150.....

If we're comparing deals on this, I actually got my set for even less (about $50-60 or so)....though my method was much more convoluted and not really repeatable...
Old 01-12-10, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I'm guessing he bought it the first day (or week) when it came out, as Deep Discount was having their 25% off sale at the time, so when it was combined with their release date pricing, a bunch of people around here picked it up for between $140 and $150.....

If we're comparing deals on this, I actually got my set for even less (about $50-60 or so)....though my method was much more convoluted and not really repeatable...
It was between $151 and 165 from DD with the 25%.
Old 01-12-10, 05:11 PM

Remove VAT....
Thanks for that. Price came out 150.07 with todays exchange rate. Great deal for one of my favorite series. Thanks all.
Old 01-19-10, 07:20 PM

Got my set yesterday came in excellent shape on eding on the back, it's a steal for this price.
Old 01-21-10, 11:09 PM
Banned

Battle Galactica: The Plan (UK Steelbook) is up for preorder. The steelbook would go nice with the metal UK complete series. This title will be released on May 10, 2010.

Items: £15.31
Postage & Packing: £3.08

Order Total: £18.39 = $29.81 USD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-G...g=bluraycom-21

also advertised as steelbook at HMV.
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=306642

Last edited by junglalien; 01-21-10 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 05:47 PM
Banned

We have learned that Universal Studios Home Entertainment plans to repackage Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on both Blu-ray and DVD, with smaller and more practical packaging on April 6th. All four seasons will be included, each individually packaged and housed in an outer box. Blu-news.com can also confirm that both ‘The Plan‘ and ‘Razor‘ specials will be included.
Like the previous set, The Miniseries will be included on disc one, while Razor will be included on the 15th disc of the set. New to the set is The Plan, which will receive a disc all to itself (identical to the currently available standalone disc).

We are currently awaiting final packaging art, but we should have it soon enough and we’ll update accordingly.
http://blu-news.com/index.php/2010/0...ng-this-april/

Today we learned Universal intends to release a new complete series Battlestar set on Blu-ray April 6, the same day season two debuts on Blu-ray, that is not tagged as a limited edition. This set will include all four individually packaged season 1-4 box sets housed within a new outer case. The Plan will also be included and presumably Razor as well, though we cannot fully confirm the latter at this time.

This new Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series set will carry an SRP of $299.95 or $50 less than the previous set listed for. On-shelf pricing should settle in around the $200 mark.
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Anothe...et_Coming/6262

Thanks Gizmo.

Last edited by junglalien; 01-28-10 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

It would be nice if they included the rest of the missing material in the boxed set, like the Face of the Enemy webisodes, The Phenomenon, and Last Frakking Special. Not holding my breath, though.

And, for the love the Athena, please put it in regular blu-ray keepcases...
Old 01-29-10, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It would be nice if they included the rest of the missing material in the boxed set, like the Face of the Enemy webisodes, The Phenomenon, and Last Frakking Special. Not holding my breath, though.

And, for the love the Athena, please put it in regular blu-ray keepcases...
Since I already bought the old set (for about $150 at DDD when it came out), I expect they will include all of that stuff and maybe it'll be cheaper too (i.e. to make me feel bad), but I'm not rebuying. I'll buy The Plan on BD when it's under $10. Is there any way to get those other things listed?

BSG is one of the few series I actually finished within a couple months of buying it, so at least I got some value out of it rather than have it depreciate unused on my shelf like most stuff.
Old 01-29-10, 06:07 PM

I am still waiting on my order from Amazon UK.. Takes a long time to ship to the US for some reason, and I can't track it...

But, I am not going to buy the new set, and I thought that "The Plan" was pretty weak. If did give some good background information, but I thought had much less appeal than Razor. I'll get "The Plan" when it gets cheap...

One thing for sure - there will always be a new, later and greater for anything that is popular... I guess one has to pull the trigger and buy at some time though..
Old 01-30-10, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by phephron
I am still waiting on my order from Amazon UK.. Takes a long time to ship to the US for some reason, and I can't track it...

But, I am not going to buy the new set, and I thought that "The Plan" was pretty weak. If did give some good background information, but I thought had much less appeal than Razor. I'll get "The Plan" when it gets cheap...

One thing for sure - there will always be a new, later and greater for anything that is popular... I guess one has to pull the trigger and buy at some time though..
did you email amazon uk? sometimes they run into problems and have to ship it again it has happened to me numerous times.. some times ill get my items in a few days, sometimes a week and sometimes a month.. i ordered the red cliff BR on dec 18th and got it 2 days ago :-/

only thing i hate about ordering from them is sometimes you run into a problem where you have to wait along time to get your product but if it has been over 2 weeks i would def email them
Old 01-30-10, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by styl3s
did you email amazon uk? sometimes they run into problems and have to ship it again it has happened to me numerous times.. some times ill get my items in a few days, sometimes a week and sometimes a month.. i ordered the red cliff BR on dec 18th and got it 2 days ago :-/

only thing i hate about ordering from them is sometimes you run into a problem where you have to wait along time to get your product but if it has been over 2 weeks i would def email them
Not yet - estimated arrival was Jan 29 - they shipped Jan 13. I will wait until next weekend, and if I don't get it then, I will e-mail them. Thanks for letting me know of your experience though...
Old 01-30-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was between $151 and 165 from DD with the 25%.
It was $140 for me after the Bing cashback I received. It was at a lower cost for part of the day - around 6 am or so. Then the price before discount was raised by Deep Discount, so not as many people were able to get it for $140.
Old 01-30-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

again, my offer stands... if anyone really dislikes the ugly, damn-awful tin, i will help out and take it off their hands. just trying to help out fellow dvdtalkers
Old 02-03-10, 06:14 PM

Just got my set today. Tin had a couple of small dings, that are easily pushed out.

For those who wonder if the set will work in the US (as I secretly did, even with all the replies that assure you it will) - the discs work perfectly in my PS3 player. There is no evidence of PAL vs NTSC.

Picture is gorgeous as would be expected. I am ecstatic, and am looking forward to watching the entire seasons in glorious HD!!