DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Sony Card FREE BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT (popcorn and 2 blu rentals) FIRST COME/SERVED! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566908-sony-card-free-blockbuster-night-popcorn-2-blu-rentals-first-come-served.html)

indiansbsa 12-23-09 12:02 PM

Sony Card FREE BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT (popcorn and 2 blu rentals) FIRST COME/SERVED!

Have yourself a Blockbuster Night™ - courtesy of Sony Card

Dear DVD TALK SONY CARD HOLDER,

As a valued card holder and active Sony Rewards member, we would like to reward you with a Night of Entertainment - a FREE Blockbuster Night™ Card e-Coupon!

The Blockbuster Night™ Card Entertainment e-Coupon is valid for 2 DVDs or Blu-ray Disc™ movies, 2 20 oz. Coca-Cola products and 1 tub of popcorn. Act fast - this e-Coupon is available on a first-come, first-served basis and must be downloaded from Sony Rewards and redeemed at participating Blockbuster locations by 12/31/2009.
To download your FREE Blockbuster Night™Card e-Coupon, follow these steps:
1) Log into your account at SonyRewards.com.
2) Click "Redeem" at the top right hand corner of the page
3) Click "BLOCKBUSTER Night™Card Entertainment e-Coupon" from the Insider Specials category and click "Add to Cart"

Click "View Cart" at the top of the page to see your order
4) Enter coupon code BBN2009 in the coupon discount box and click "Apply"

The e-Coupon will appear in your shopping cart for "0" points.
5) Complete the checkout process and submit your order

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Blu-ray-collect 12-23-09 12:23 PM

Re: Sony Card FREE BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT (popcorn and 2 blu rentals) FIRST COME/SERVED!

Did not work for me.

runner001 12-23-09 12:25 PM

Re: Sony Card FREE BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT (popcorn and 2 blu rentals) FIRST COME/SERVED!

this sounds like the same coupon I got from mycokerewards for 125 points.

indiansbsa 12-23-09 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect (Post 9905139)
Did not work for me.

Follow the instructions exactly to the letter.

clappj 12-23-09 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect (Post 9905139)
Did not work for me.

Are you a Sony Card Holder and Sony Rewards member?

Heat 12-23-09 12:47 PM

Sounds like a good deal and I am a Sony Card Holder / Sony Rewards Member.

However, there are no Blockbusters in or near my town (population 110,000), Family Video drove them out of business.

joltman 12-23-09 12:54 PM

I am a Sony Rewards member and have a Sony Card, I added the Blockbuster Night coupon to my cart, and it says "We were unable to apply that coupon to your cart." when I try to add the code.

Blu-ray-collect 12-23-09 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by indiansbsa (Post 9905165)
Follow the instructions exactly to the letter.

I did. Failed. Same outcome that joltman experienced. Oh well.

BTW, I tried it using 2 different Sony Reward accounts. Failed both times.

indiansbsa 12-23-09 01:22 PM

You must add it from the REDEEM tab or the code won't work

bubba111 12-23-09 02:00 PM

Did not work for me, either. Two Sony Cards, two Sony Rewards accounts. Followed instructions to the letter, added from the REDEEM tab. Oh well -- probably a targeted offer.

kenbenobi 12-23-09 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9905219)
I am a Sony Rewards member and have a Sony Card, I added the Blockbuster Night coupon to my cart, and it says "We were unable to apply that coupon to your cart." when I try to add the code.

Same here. And it was added from the Redeem tab. Perhaps you can only get it if you actually have 600 points to spend? Because I do not...

Blu-ray-collect 12-23-09 03:06 PM

I have way more than 600 points, and it didn't work at all for me.

Liquid Death 12-23-09 03:15 PM

On my account, it wanted 500 points to redeem, the coupon code didn't work.

Drav3n 12-23-09 04:46 PM

didnt work for me either

indiansbsa 12-23-09 05:28 PM

Very strange, seemed pretty mass marketed by the sound of it.

kenbenobi 12-23-09 05:45 PM

What I want to know is how they knew he was from DVD Talk. It says "Dear DVD TALK SONY CARD HOLDER". Did he have a referral code from DVD Talk when he signed up for his Sony card?

Arthur Dent 12-23-09 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9905758)
What I want to know is how they knew he was from DVD Talk. It says "Dear DVD TALK SONY CARD HOLDER". Did he have a referral code from DVD Talk when he signed up for his Sony card?

I'm sure the OP made that edit on his own.

indiansbsa 12-23-09 06:20 PM

Ya, didn't see a need to put my name in there in the post ;)

Originally Posted by awil1026 (Post 9905770)
I'm sure the OP made that edit on his own.

Blu-ray-collect 12-23-09 06:38 PM

The post should really be deleted. This was a targeted campaign by Sony Rewards. If you did not get the email, then you cannot use the code.

kenbenobi 12-23-09 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by indiansbsa (Post 9905823)
Ya, didn't see a need to put my name in there in the post ;)

Makes sense. For some reason, I thought the email was sent to all DVD Talk Sony cardholders...