DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Play The Tones Again, Sam. Close Encounters on Amazon for $19.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566836-play-tones-again-sam-close-encounters-amazon-%2419-99-a.html)

indiansbsa 12-22-09 08:46 AM

Play The Tones Again, Sam. Close Encounters on Amazon for $19.99

Get em while its hot- don't think Ive ever seen it this cheap before at amazon! :)

Sweet Baby James 12-22-09 09:21 AM

Re: Play The Tones Again, Sam. Close Encounters on Amazon for $19.99

If you're a Costco member, this is currently going for $14.99.:)

indiansbsa 12-22-09 09:22 AM

Enjoy the crowds and the dented cases. With taxes you're only doing a couple bucks cheaper, not counting the free box which you can reuse and is worth a buck to ya if you're an ebay or amazon seller or what not, plus after gas costs its pretty much a wash ;)

Mao 12-22-09 12:25 PM

This is a great price!!!

BSTNFAN 12-22-09 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by indiansbsa (Post 9902897)
Enjoy the crowds and the dented cases. With taxes you're only doing a couple bucks cheaper, not counting the free box which you can reuse and is worth a buck to ya if you're an ebay or amazon seller or what not, plus after gas costs its pretty much a wash ;)

Let's see....
1. Crowds actually weren't too bad and lots of free food samplers.
2. Less chance of a dented case when I can examine before I buy.
3. Taxes in Ohio must be astronomical if you're only saving a couple of bucks between $20 and $15. Since I bought in New Hampshire my tax was $0.
4. I'll give you the box one, 'cuz I actually do reuse them.
5. Since I was there for lots of other stuff to begin with, extra gas costs were nil.
:)

Sweet Baby James 12-22-09 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by indiansbsa (Post 9902897)

Didn't mean to step on your toes.

theflicker 12-22-09 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN (Post 9903456)
Let's see....
1. Crowds actually weren't too bad and lots of free food samplers.
2. Less chance of a dented case when I can examine before I buy.
3. Taxes in Ohio must be astronomical if you're only saving a couple of bucks between $20 and $15. Since I bought in New Hampshire my tax was $0.
4. I'll give you the box one, 'cuz I actually do reuse them.
5. Since I was there for lots of other stuff to begin with, extra gas costs were nil.
:)

Ah, but think of the mountain of free boxes you can walk away with from Costco! I think you win this one in straight sets.

indiansbsa 12-23-09 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by theflicker (Post 9904319)
Ah, but think of the mountain of free boxes you can walk away with from Costco! I think you win this one in straight sets.

Doubt they'll be perfectly sized for your DVD sales, plus Ive heard reports of people finding nothing but beat up copies of this title at Costco- so I wouldn't go game set match just yet ;)

BSTNFAN 12-23-09 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by indiansbsa (Post 9904485)
Doubt they'll be perfectly sized for your DVD sales, plus Ive heard reports of people finding nothing but beat up copies of this title at Costco- so I wouldn't go game set match just yet ;)

While the Costco boxes do go straight into my recycling bin, the copies of CE3K at my Costco were in fine shape.

Josh-da-man 12-23-09 04:42 PM

$15 at Costco, $20 at Amazon and Best Buy... was there an official price cut on this?

snausages 12-24-09 01:55 AM

Brooklyn, NY Costco had more than 15+ copies and about 60% were in good shape.