Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Old 12-15-09, 02:18 PM

Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Does anyone know what is required to get the $10 rebate for owners of the standard definition version of Scrubs season 8. Is it the tab inside, will they take the store receipt? Thanks
Old 12-15-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Did you read the rebate form? It usually explains all that.
Old 12-16-09, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Did you read the rebate form? It usually explains all that.
I'm 58 years old, have a college degree in computer science and have been gainfully employed in computer related technology for 35 years. So.....I know how to read. IF I had the rebate form I'd read it, but since I haven't bought the discs I can't. So, I'm asking someone who HAS purchased it before I do, since I'd like to sell my Scrubs 8 DVD on ebay without having to open it.
Old 12-16-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And yet I've seen people with Master's degree's unable to turn off their cell phone or do simple things like replace the AA batteries in their wireless mouse and sync it back up.

Just about every DVD/BD rebate needs the UPC (or Proof of Purchase tab next to the UPC) from whatever is being 'upgraded'. So you would need to open the DVD and cut it out of the cover art. Receipt only matters to the Blu-ray release to prove you purchased it with-in the timeframe and also require the UPC from the back of its case.
Old 12-16-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mw390 View Post
I'd like to sell my Scrubs 8 DVD on ebay without having to open it.
The rebate positively will require something from the DVD itself. Either the UPC or a PoP tab. You're going to have to open it, or keep it sealed and use a razor blade to cut it from the back...
Old 12-16-09, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
And yet I've seen people with Master's degree's unable to turn off their cell phone or do simple things like replace the AA batteries in their wireless mouse and sync it back up.

Just about every DVD/BD rebate needs the UPC (or Proof of Purchase tab next to the UPC) from whatever is being 'upgraded'. So you would need to open the DVD and cut it out of the cover art. Receipt only matters to the Blu-ray release to prove you purchased it with-in the timeframe and also require the UPC from the back of its case.
Touche.
Old 12-16-09, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
The rebate positively will require something from the DVD itself. Either the UPC or a PoP tab. You're going to have to open it, or keep it sealed and use a razor blade to cut it from the back...
Yeah, I opened it. They USED to have pop tab now you have to ruin the cover and cut it out. Thanks
Old 12-16-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd tell you for sure if I had my Scrubs BD, but it's being borrowed right now. But I assume it's like all the rest (what I wrote above).