Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Old 12-15-09, 02:18 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 253
Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Does anyone know what is required to get the $10 rebate for owners of the standard definition version of Scrubs season 8. Is it the tab inside, will they take the store receipt? Thanks
mw390 is offline  
Old 12-15-09, 05:03 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,363
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Did you read the rebate form? It usually explains all that.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 08:10 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 253
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Did you read the rebate form? It usually explains all that.
I'm 58 years old, have a college degree in computer science and have been gainfully employed in computer related technology for 35 years. So.....I know how to read. IF I had the rebate form I'd read it, but since I haven't bought the discs I can't. So, I'm asking someone who HAS purchased it before I do, since I'd like to sell my Scrubs 8 DVD on ebay without having to open it.
mw390 is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 10:21 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,363
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

And yet I've seen people with Master's degree's unable to turn off their cell phone or do simple things like replace the AA batteries in their wireless mouse and sync it back up.

Just about every DVD/BD rebate needs the UPC (or Proof of Purchase tab next to the UPC) from whatever is being 'upgraded'. So you would need to open the DVD and cut it out of the cover art. Receipt only matters to the Blu-ray release to prove you purchased it with-in the timeframe and also require the UPC from the back of its case.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 11:58 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Originally Posted by mw390 View Post
I'd like to sell my Scrubs 8 DVD on ebay without having to open it.
The rebate positively will require something from the DVD itself. Either the UPC or a PoP tab. You're going to have to open it, or keep it sealed and use a razor blade to cut it from the back...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 01:40 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 253
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
And yet I've seen people with Master's degree's unable to turn off their cell phone or do simple things like replace the AA batteries in their wireless mouse and sync it back up.

Just about every DVD/BD rebate needs the UPC (or Proof of Purchase tab next to the UPC) from whatever is being 'upgraded'. So you would need to open the DVD and cut it out of the cover art. Receipt only matters to the Blu-ray release to prove you purchased it with-in the timeframe and also require the UPC from the back of its case.
Touche.
mw390 is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 01:41 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 253
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
The rebate positively will require something from the DVD itself. Either the UPC or a PoP tab. You're going to have to open it, or keep it sealed and use a razor blade to cut it from the back...
Yeah, I opened it. They USED to have pop tab now you have to ruin the cover and cut it out. Thanks
mw390 is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 02:37 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,363
Re: Question about Scrubs Season 8 Bluray Rebate

I'd tell you for sure if I had my Scrubs BD, but it's being borrowed right now. But I assume it's like all the rest (what I wrote above).
Gizmo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.