DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Check your Sunday papers: $3 off Basterds, Funny People, Public Enemies and more (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566339-check-your-sunday-papers-%243-off-basterds-funny-people-public-enemies-more.html)

bluetoast 12-12-09 12:14 PM

Check your Sunday papers: $3 off Basterds, Funny People, Public Enemies and more

The flyer has six separate coupons, for $3 off:

BD or DVD:

Inglourious Basterds
Funny People
Public Enemies
Coraline
Mamma Mia or the gift set
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Also included among $3 off are Barbie in A Christmas Carol and Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas

Now, combining these with Target's $5 off coupon could result in an awesome price for some movies, Inglourious Basterds will be around $12.

Feel free to share this with the regular DVD bargains thread.

Winky 12-12-09 12:20 PM

Re: Check your Sunday papers: $3 off Basterds, Funny People, Public Enemies and more

In which section of the newspaper should I look? Is it in the Sunday's coupons?

bluetoast 12-12-09 12:22 PM

Re: Check your Sunday papers: $3 off Basterds, Funny People, Public Enemies and more

Yeah, forgot to clarify: Sunday coupons section. It's on the back page, no need to flip through, and on the front page is coupons for ham.

dneilan1 12-12-09 01:13 PM

Are these scanned anywhere? Need the coupon today before Target's price goes back up on Public Enemies in Sunday.

beachdeer 12-12-09 02:27 PM

Thanks OP !
Confirmed, I found the coupon in Washington Post Sunday edition today (Redplum coupons). It valid from December 13 2009 until December 27 2009. I tried to check their website (redplum.com) but found nothing,perhaps due to the fact that these coupons will start tomorrow.

Snowmaker 12-12-09 07:03 PM

$19.99 - $3.00 coupon - $5.00 Target coupon = $11.99 for Inglourious Basterds. NICE!

moviewizguy 12-12-09 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 9885903)
So, take the Best Buy ad to Target ($19.99) - $3.00 coupon - $5.00 Target coupon = $11.99 for Inglourious Basterds. NICE!

No need to match the price because it's already $19.99 in Target. One less problem to face!

Snowmaker 12-12-09 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by moviewizguy (Post 9885911)
No need to match the price because it's already $19.99 in Target. One less problem to face!

Yeah, I corrected myself before you did. :p

josh4040 12-12-09 07:44 PM

will they really let us use two coupons?

bur1196 12-12-09 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by josh4040 (Post 9885946)
will they really let us use two coupons?

Did for me in the past since one is a manufacturer coupon and the other is a target coupon...

beebs 12-12-09 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by bur1196 (Post 9885975)
Did for me in the past since one is a manufacturer coupon and the other is a target coupon...

This policy is at every Target Checkstand just below "Low Price Guarantee". One manufacturer and one Target coupon allowed per item.

Rammsteinfan 12-13-09 12:23 AM

I just used the $5 off coupon and the Snatch $5 mfg coupon last week to save $10 on Snatch so it should work just fine for IB. I was going to hold off on this BD but for $11.99... Ill bite if i can find the Mfg Coupon.

acdcrocks1980 12-13-09 12:25 AM

search "blu-ray" on red plums website, and you can print Basterds, Funny People, and Public Enemies

Travis McClain 12-13-09 12:26 AM

The Redplum coupons are, for whatever reason, included in the Grocery section, and not Entertainment. Here are direct links:

Inglorious Basterds

Funny People

Public Enemies

Coraline or Curious George

The Grinch or Barbie in A Christmas Carol

Jfunk1 12-13-09 12:57 AM

When I click to print the Inglourious Basterds coupon from the page, an error message comes up saying the coupon has expired. That makes no sense since the date of expiration on the error message window is 12/27.

Travis McClain 12-13-09 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jfunk1 (Post 9886308)
When I click to print the Inglourious Basterds coupon from the page, an error message comes up saying the coupon has expired. That makes no sense since the date of expiration on the error message window is 12/27.

Yeah, the current thinking on this is that these coupons haven't gone live yet. My guess is that maybe Redplum is on Pacific Coast time and doesn't care that the rest of us are already into the 13th. Be patient, and check again in the morning is really all I can suggest at the moment.

JoeySeven 12-13-09 02:31 AM

Thanks OP and everyone for the coupon links.

Looks like its back to Target tomorrow,Monday,Tuesday....:-))

Snowmaker 12-13-09 11:57 AM

Found mine for IB in the paper. Might print this one too, just in case one gives me trouble.

Osiris3657 12-13-09 01:31 PM

found it OP, thanks!

PopcornBandit 12-13-09 01:56 PM

Checked my redplum paper and no coupons. I had to print them off the website.

Trevor 12-13-09 03:29 PM

Ok, just to have all the coupon links in one post for everyone in all these various Target and coupon threads, here we go.

Stacking works, as Target allows one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item.

Here again are the links to the:
Redplum $3 dvd/blu-ray coupons (Public Enemies, Inglourious Basterds, Funny People, Coraline, Curious George Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Barbie Christmas Carol)

Smartsource $3 blu-ray coupons (Happening, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Towering Inferno, Eragon, Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Commando, Predator 2, High Crimes)

3-sheet of Target $5 off any blu-ray coupons.

PGHFlyer 12-13-09 04:15 PM

Thanks for these - hopefully Target's BD price for Public Enemies is reasonable so it is worthwhile to use the coupons.

SethDLH 12-13-09 05:56 PM

Thanks for the link to the $3 off coup. Can't wait to get $8 off of IB

doctaheath78 12-13-09 07:34 PM

Coraline doesn't state Blu-Ray. Do you think they would accept it for a Blu-Ray?

dan31655 12-13-09 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78 (Post 9887512)
Coraline doesn't state Blu-Ray. Do you think they would accept it for a Blu-Ray?

The one in my newspaper stated dvd or bluray.