DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   (DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566330-dead-5%25-cashback-amazon%3B-10%25-cashback-other-merchants-using-payphrase.html)

Trevor 12-12-09 09:36 AM

(DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase

Pasting this from the regular Bargains forum, since some of you don't check that anymore (and you really should, most of the really good films aren't out on blu, may never, and their deals only get posted there).

Thanks to the OP Kal for finally clueing me in to the benefits of Amazon's new pay phrase thingee.

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen (Post 9884862)
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...channel=retail

Orders must ship by December 31, 2009 for a purchase to be deemed eligible for the CashBack Rewards program.

blokhed 12-13-09 01:01 AM

re: (DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase

So this program is only effective this month?

kenbenobi 12-13-09 05:22 AM

re: (DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase

Originally Posted by blokhed (Post 9886309)
So this program is only effective this month?

To receive cashback, your order must SHIP by 12/31/09...

doctaheath78 12-13-09 10:56 PM

Question...........I tried doing this on an item less than $25 and it took me to the payment screen.

How does this work if I want to add to my order to save on shipping?

Thanks

Gypo66 12-14-09 05:08 AM

Looks like this doesn't work on items from amazon marketplace...

Trevor 12-14-09 09:25 AM

Looks like they pulled the plug. No more cashback for now.

But you're still good if you ordered with it and it ships before 12/31. If you have it pending, you would have recieved an email after the order confirming the cashback, and stating that you'll receive an email in January on how to get it.

kenbenobi 12-14-09 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 9888332)
Looks like they pulled the plug. No more cashback for now.

Darn. I was hoping it would last til the end of the year...

Lateralus 12-14-09 11:21 AM

Good thing I ordered my new receiver and my 37 inch flat screen while I still got cash back!

W00t!

lizard 12-14-09 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9888466)
Darn. I was hoping it would last til the end of the year...

It couldn't last that long since one of the restrictions was that the item has to ship by December 31. But I thought it would last a bit longer. Guess enough people like me used it that Amazon met their goals.

NoirFan 01-17-10 01:02 PM

Re: (DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase

Anyone receive a follow-up email?

Lateralus 01-17-10 05:50 PM

Re: (DEAD) 5% cashback at Amazon; 10% cashback at other merchants using PayPhrase

Nothing yet, and I should be getting a bunch back!

Laser Movies 01-28-10 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9947495)
Anyone receive a follow-up email?

Just got an email tonight for the cashback. They should be coming for everyone who participated soon if you have not received it yet.

SPIDERone 01-28-10 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES (Post 9969731)
Just got an email tonight for the cashback. They should be coming for everyone who participated soon if you have not received it yet.

Got mine earlier today as well. A little over $6.50 back - a nice a little bonus (for buying stuff I had already planned to buy!) but still disappointed in how quickly they stopped it (after 2 days?). I made a number of purchases through December (expecting any items purchased/shipped in december to get the cashback), only to find out that the program ended weeks earlier :(