DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $10 G-Force Coupon (possible to get this for $5 with PM and 2 coupons) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566239-%2410-g-force-coupon-possible-get-%245-pm-2-coupons.html)

GCS 12-10-09 03:53 PM

$10 G-Force Coupon (possible to get this for $5 with PM and 2 coupons)

As usual with the Disney Coupons

http://adisney.go.com/disneyvideos/a...l_gforcecoupon

Supposedly this is $19.96 at WM next week. Pricematch at Target, use this coupon (MFG), and the $5 BR Target coupon and get this for $5!!

YMMV on the PM + Coupons at Target as I have learned that a lot of Target's are not allowing this anymore. If we get lucky their price on Tues will be $10 and then it won't matter one bit.

Good Luck

Greg

Drav3n 12-10-09 04:08 PM

Re: $10 G-Force Coupon (possible to get this for $5 with PM and 2 coupons)

thanks OP! $5 blurays sound even better than $10 blurays lol

TM63975 12-10-09 05:03 PM

wowza that's an awesome deal on a new release! I never saw this movie, but it looked funny. For 5 bucks I'll definitely get this on a blind buy.

Targets ad only says 'Low Price' for the blu ray. :( I hope walmart has an actual ad next week promoting the price. This could be a really good deal if it all works out! Thanks so much for sharing!!:) Man Best Buy is losing ALL my business thanks to this target coupon. I'm going to miss it when it expires. *sniff*

btw - at the moment walmarts website has the G Force blu ray for $27.86.. I hope you're right and the price changes.

kenbenobi 12-10-09 05:42 PM

Awesome, thanks! I wasn't planning on buying this, but for the price, how could I resist?

WMAangel 12-10-09 07:28 PM

I received the Walmart ad for next week in the mail yesterday, and I can confirm both G-Force and The Hangover are pictured at $19.96 each.....

TexasDVDer 12-10-09 07:48 PM

Good deal. I can always give the DVD version to the grandkids.

NiCK Crush 12-10-09 09:23 PM

At $5, I gotta bite.

hal9000 12-11-09 01:30 AM

Anyone know what day Walmart usually puts the ads in the store for the coming week?

Trevor 12-11-09 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hal9000 (Post 9883177)
Anyone know what day Walmart usually puts the ads in the store for the coming week?

They don't have a printed ad (with media prices at least) every week. It's sort of random iirc.

Trevor 12-11-09 03:43 PM

Related I guess, but today's email from Disney gave me two coupons for $5 off any blu-ray.

Blu-ray-collect 12-11-09 05:05 PM

What email did Disney send you? I'm part of their Movie Rewards program, and I never get emails with coupons from them.

Trevor 12-11-09 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect (Post 9884369)
What email did Disney send you? I'm part of their Movie Rewards program, and I never get emails with coupons from them.

The email was titled, Exclusive $5 Savings On Disney Blu-ray Favorites, and featured a top ten in high-def countdown.

No one else has mentioned it, so maybe it was random.

abintra 12-11-09 05:19 PM

Not sure I can bring myself to pay $5 for this even if it works. It looked horrible.

dsa_shea 12-11-09 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by abintra (Post 9884387)
Not sure I can bring myself to pay $5 for this even if it works. It looked horrible.

My daughter won't mind and for 10 bucks plus tax it is still a good deal.

moviewizguy 12-11-09 07:59 PM

Isn't this like one of the worst movies of this year? I don't know. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you have to buy it. Grant it, I was never going to buy it in the first place but now I'm interested. I guess I'm a hypocrite.

Nugent 12-11-09 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by moviewizguy (Post 9884591)
Isn't this like one of the worst movies of this year? I don't know. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you have to buy it. Grant it, I was never going to buy it in the first place but now I'm interested. I guess I'm a hypocrite.

The user reviews at places like Amazon are "ok". Sounds like it is far from the worst movie of the year. It sounds like it will be more appealing to little kids. If you have some little ones around it sounds like you could do far worse.

Abob Teff 12-11-09 11:23 PM

Come on ... secret agent guinea pigs! You can't go wrong!

hal9000 12-12-09 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 9883307)
They don't have a printed ad (with media prices at least) every week. It's sort of random iirc.

So price matching Walmart will be next to impossible, correct?

LaxBandit 12-12-09 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by hal9000 (Post 9885011)
So price matching Walmart will be next to impossible, correct?

WMAngel in post #5 said he received next weeks Walmart ad in the mail and G-Force is pictured/priced
at $19.96 - so you should be able to pricematch Walmart at Target then use both coupons and get $15
off so it comes to $4.96 etc.

However some of the people on here are hoping Target prices it at $19.99 (or lower even?) in store and
then you wouldn't have to bother getting a Walmart ad and do the whole pricematching thing.

Like WMAngel, I did get a Walmart ad in the mail earlier in this week so that saves me a trip to Walmart
and can use the ad to pricematch should it not be $19.99 or lower in the store - thats if I decide to get
G-Force for my cousins kids - on the fence on that.

LB...

nycdude 12-12-09 10:50 AM

sweet

hal9000 12-12-09 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit (Post 9885068)
WMAngel in post #5 said he received next weeks Walmart ad in the mail and G-Force is pictured/priced
at $19.96 - so you should be able to pricematch Walmart at Target then use both coupons and get $15
off so it comes to $4.96 etc.

However some of the people on here are hoping Target prices it at $19.99 (or lower even?) in store and
then you wouldn't have to bother getting a Walmart ad and do the whole pricematching thing.

Like WMAngel, I did get a Walmart ad in the mail earlier in this week so that saves me a trip to Walmart
and can use the ad to pricematch should it not be $19.99 or lower in the store - thats if I decide to get
G-Force for my cousins kids - on the fence on that.

LB...

Thanks, I'll hold out hope that Target has it for $19.99. We happen to live in an area of L.A. that doesn't get any Walmart circular ads at all (thankfully). I guess when they finally get around to sticking the ads in our LA Times and Orange County Register, the world as we know it will have finally come to an end.

Matthew Chmiel 12-12-09 01:11 PM

If it's anything like the Up situation, the price in store for the Up BD on release date sas $22 (IIRC, may have been more), but was ringing up at the register for most of us at $19.

I am just loving the fact that I've scored all of my Disney BDs for an average of no more than $10. I might only buy copies of G-Force to give as Christmas gifts.

Trevor 12-12-09 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 9885459)
I am just loving the fact that I've scored all of my Disney BDs for an average of no more than $10. I might only buy copies of G-Force to give as Christmas gifts.

Disney BD prices have always been the best, or at least the deals available for them have been.

I was buying $5 Disney BDs before I had a player, and some have even been free (or less).

It's crazy. Especially considering that Disney/Pixar BDs are usually some of the best done releases, and most include a DVD as well.

I don't remember Disney DVDs being similarly cheap.

mraw 12-12-09 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 9885459)
I might only buy copies of G-Force to give as Christmas gifts.

That's what I plan on doing. So far [knock wood] I haven't had any problems with Target and these coupons/price matches, but if they give me a second of hesitation on this coupon I won't bother. I don't even want this on my shelf, but I think it'd make a good gift for kids.

NiCK Crush 12-13-09 11:42 PM

Ugh, now I have to somehow manage to get my hands on an actual Wal-mart ad

movieguru 12-14-09 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9887905)

Stopped by Walmart today to try and get a copy of the ad. Went through one entrance and asked the greeter for a copy of the ad. She handed me last weeks. That was all she had.

So I went to the other door and asked that greeter for a copy of the ad. she picked one out of the big stack in a box on the floor. It was dated November 8th to the 14th. She told me since that one ends today, the new one must come out tomorrow.

That'sAllFolks 12-14-09 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9887905)

I have a copy of the ad and it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that the 19.96 is for G-Force. It says something like "selected Blu-Rays" (It's not in front of me now). Though G-Force is pictured.

NiCK Crush 12-14-09 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 9889577)
I have a copy of the ad and it doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that the 19.96 is for G-Force. It says something like "selected Blu-Rays" (It's not in front of me now). Though G-Force is pictured.

Hmm... I wonder if that will pose a problem.

Kory 12-14-09 10:13 PM

It shouldn't. It has a picture of "The Hangover" and "G-Force" with a graphic underneath that says "Selected Blu-rays $19.96." Now, I'm not saying all Target employees are the smartest, but even a fucking idiot would realize it means that (at least) those two movies are $19.96.

NiCK Crush 12-14-09 10:55 PM

I hear ya. Doesn't matter, however, because I still am without a Walmart ad.

TM63975 12-14-09 11:33 PM

It shouldn't. It has a picture of "The Hangover" and "G-Force" with a graphic underneath that says "Selected Blu-rays $19.96." Now, I'm not saying all Target employees are the smartest, but even a fucking idiot would realize it means that (at least) those two movies are $19.96.
LOL love this. U made me laugh out loud.

kahuna 12-15-09 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 9889942)

The Walmart ad here in HI shows the same 2 blu-rays but says "Selected Blu-rays $28.96."

Kory 12-15-09 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9890039)
I hear ya. Doesn't matter, however, because I still am without a Walmart ad.

Is there a Walmart near you? I walked up to the customer service counter, past the line, snatched one off the pile on the counter, and walked back out. Pretty painless.

popegregFKAgoblin23 12-15-09 09:17 AM

G-Force on Blu-ray was $22.99 at my local Target (76th & Brown Deer in Milwaukee) this morning. About $3 too much for me.

I'll have to try to get the Walmart ad and attempt a price match/coupon/coupon later in the week I guess.

hal9000 12-15-09 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by kahuna (Post 9890108)
The Walmart ad here in HI shows the same 2 blu-rays but says "Selected Blu-rays $28.96."

So, what you are saying is living in paradise has it's drawbacks?

COACH2369 12-15-09 10:40 AM

Good luck getting your local Target to price match Wal-Mart AND let you use both coupons. I tried that this morning and associate was being an A** about it. He showed me a memo stating that they HAVE to take off the Target coupon first. Then if the price is still lower, they will price match the difference. If not, then they are saying the price is lower already. The memo is dated 12/11/09. I wasn't very happy and made the associate show me the memo.

My suggestion would be to ask for the price adjustment and then pull the coupons out of your pocket. I made the mistake of showing the coupons as I was asking for the price adjustment. It was only a $3 difference, but I wasn't very happy about it...

Good luck!

alfredog1976 12-15-09 10:52 AM

I was able to PM with Wal-Mart ad & use both coupons. At first the Target lady wasn't sure so she called her supervisor over. I told her I did it before with the Harry Potter Blu-Ray, but she saud she still needed to check as she "never did it before". The supervisor gave the ok and walked out with G-For e Blu-Ray for $5!

Drav3n 12-15-09 10:54 AM

i had no issues this morning. the employee price matched walmart and then applied the 2 coupons w/ no problem.

GCS 12-15-09 11:11 AM

Add me to the list of successful PM + 2 coupons

Clerk was enamored with the deal she asked where to get the coupons and could she have my WM ad for herself.

Greg

Matthew Chmiel 12-15-09 12:46 PM

Worked today at two Targets here in Vegas. Well, actually, it was successful at the first Target with no problems; took a fight to get it to work at the second one. :)