DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $10 G-Force Coupon (possible to get this for $5 with PM and 2 coupons) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566239-%2410-g-force-coupon-possible-get-%245-pm-2-coupons.html)

TM63975 12-15-09 05:02 PM

Re: $10 G-Force Coupon (possible to get this for $5 with PM and 2 coupons)

My target was awful... They must have had some sort of discussion or something about price matching (after I got Wall-e for $10) in the last week or so...

Last week when I tried PM Wall-e at the register they said they only do that at customer service... SO I thought I'd save myself the trouble and just go to CS today...

I went to customer service and this lady with an attitude was like go over to the registers and buy it, then come over here and we'll price match it with your receipt.... I was confused b/c last time i went to the registers and they sent me to CS (flippin weirdo's won't make up there stinkin minds about where to go/how it works!)... At that moment i knew it wouldn't work... but i tried anyway... The two coupons worked... but then when i went to PM at CS she said she couldn't because the computer was telling them I OWED THEM $2.00! WHAT?!? yeah, that's right i owed them! So i said screw this i want my money back... They basically are trying to find a way around pricematching with ANY coupons....They want people to buy the item first then go to CS with receipt to get difference... which is TOTAL BS..punks.. not going back to that target.

I want to try another target but I tried printing the coupon again right now and my ink screwed it up (running out).. Now it's telling me i can't print anymore.. I know this is kind of impossible, but is there any way someone can post a copy of the coupon, if that's even possible?

Bobaray 12-15-09 07:43 PM

Don't know if they made a mistake when they rang me up, but they applied tax on my order before the $10 coupon (and California tax is 9.75%). My receipt shows:

BD G Force ......... $17.99
(Coupon $5.00 off $22.99)
MFR Coupon ....... $10.00-

Subtotal ............. $7.99
CA Tax 9.75% on $17.99 ........$1.75
Total .................. $9.74

Cost me almost $1.00 more.....not worth going back for if they made a mistake.

nycdude 12-15-09 08:01 PM

no problem getting this for $7.99 after the $5 target coupon and the $10 manufacturer's coupon.

great deal for my kids.

thejester 12-15-09 08:31 PM

Got into local Target just after opening, took BR to CS desk & person there had no problem PMing to WM price & use the 2 coupons ($10 + $5). Out the door w/out any hassle.

Torchur317 12-15-09 08:33 PM

Might get this if they accept the lower WM price but not really interested in paying $8 for it. lol

NiCK Crush 12-15-09 09:47 PM

Got it for $7.99 before tax as well. Not a bad deal... seems like a harmless enough movie.

TM63975 12-15-09 09:56 PM

Does anyone know if walmart will accept Targets $5 blu ray coupon? Do they accept competitor coupons?

If they do I might try going there instead.. if I'm able to print another G force coupon that is. :[

Lance_G 12-15-09 09:57 PM

Also got it for $7.99 + tax at Target using the appropriate coupons.

tholly 12-15-09 10:04 PM

Got mine for $9.56 total (after tax) in CA.

Went to Target. I couldn't get the Walmart price matched though.

Oh well.

Robertwoj 12-15-09 10:50 PM

PMing to Wal-Mart and using both coupons worked in Kenosha, Wisconsin:

$4.96 + $0.82 tax (5.5% on $14.96) = $5.78 out the door.

basketb 12-16-09 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 9891643)
Don't know if they made a mistake when they rang me up, but they applied tax on my order before the $10 coupon (and California tax is 9.75%). My receipt shows:

Unfortunately, they are right. It's the law (at least in California).

snausages 12-16-09 02:13 AM

It is correct. Manufacturer's coupons are applied after final total with taxes. Usually in the fine print, many coupons state that customer is responsible for all taxes.

hal9000 12-16-09 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by basketb (Post 9892071)
Unfortunately, they are right. It's the law (at least in California).

Originally Posted by snausages
It is correct. Manufacturer's coupons are applied after final total with taxes. Usually in the fine print, many coupons state that customer is responsible for all taxes.

Yup, places like Costco ALWAYS apply sales tax to the pre discount price whenever coupons are involved.

F the State of California and it's high sales tax. The ironic part of this whole California sales tax bullshit is that it isn't fixing a damn thing, I know, nothing new there, right? Meanwhile, Governor Schwarzefuckingnegger is on the verge of releasing a bunch of prisoners because we can't afford to house them anymore.

Side note, I picked up G-force Blu-Ray for $6.42 after tax.

obidawsn 12-16-09 06:18 AM

As much as I use coupons, I was thrown off by this a couple of years ago when I used a $10 coupon for Enchanted. I guess I just never used a coupon that big to notice the difference, plus a lot of my purchases with coupons are with food (which has no tax in KY). But the idea is that the coupon is just like paying cash to the stores. They turn in the coupon and get their money back from the mfg. Therefore there needs to be sales tax on it. The customer is responsible for the sales tax.

As for store coupons, that varies from store to store, as they may not get any money from them (it's possible that they do for certain products as a deal with the mfg, but not always), especially with $/$$ coupons or like this blu-ray coupon that isn't mfg based (although it could be Sony doing the deal, but I'm not too convinced on that). CVS changed their policy on store coupons a while back and there was a discrepancy between the amount on the register and what shows up on the credit card screen as it depended on how the taxes were figured. Luckily the register (which was the actual price) was the cheaper of the two.

adrenaline78 12-16-09 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by TM63975 (Post 9891869)
Does anyone know if walmart will accept Targets $5 blu ray coupon? Do they accept competitor coupons?

If they do I might try going there instead.. if I'm able to print another G force coupon that is. :[

Why would Wal-mart take a target coupon? They know dang well they would never get reimbursed for the amount.

kunert 12-16-09 01:18 PM

G-Force Blu-Ray was 16.88 at Wal-Mart in Folsom CA, minus the $10 coupon = $6.88 (plus the tax on the original amount.)

Does it cost more at other Wal-Marts? There was no reason for me to bother with Target, where it would still cost more at 22.99, even subtracting both coupons.

tholly 12-16-09 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by kunert (Post 9892887)
G-Force Blu-Ray was 16.88 at Wal-Mart in Folsom CA, minus the $10 coupon = $6.88 (plus the tax on the original amount.)

Does it cost more at other Wal-Marts? There was no reason for me to bother with Target, where it would still cost more at 22.99, even subtracting both coupons.

The must have given the Blu-Ray the DVD price or something. The Wal-Mart in Citrus Heights, CA had the Blu-Ray for $19.99, so slightly cheaper at Target with the $5 off Target coupon.

kunert 12-16-09 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by tholly (Post 9892892)
The must have given the Blu-Ray the DVD price or something. The Wal-Mart in Citrus Heights, CA had the Blu-Ray for $19.99, so slightly cheaper at Target with the $5 off Target coupon.

The DVD price there was 15 something, both prices were clearly marked on the shelf.

Travis McClain 12-16-09 01:57 PM

Went to Target last night, and there was a gaping hole in the endcap where this was supposed to be. I asked the balding guy working electronics, "I guess you're out of G-Force on Blu-ray?" He replied, "Yep!" and began giggling. I found that somewhat bizarre and rude, but whatever. Later, at Walmart, the late-middle aged cashier thought she was going to be Columbo and nab a clever criminal by inspecting the Disney coupon for a solid two minutes and grilling my wife about its origins. Eventually, she scanned it and (would you believe it) the computer system took it without a problem. I wasn't there to see it, but my wife says that the cashier seemed upset about the coupon being accepted.

I know part of the problem is that too may people aren't trained to even be aware of printable internet coupons, but ultimately my thing to cashiers is this: Do your job and just scan the damn coupon. If the system rejects it, fine, we'll discuss it. If you want to be a detective, leave your retail job and join the police force.

TM63975 12-16-09 01:58 PM

Why would Wal-mart take a target coupon? They know dang well they would never get reimbursed for the amount.
I read in another thread that someone tried that and it worked... That is why I'm asking..

Does anyone know how to get around this thing if it tells me I can't print out any more G force coupons? :[ I already tried to clear all my history and stuff but it didn't help.. :[ this stinks..

Winky 12-16-09 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 9892968)
... Later, at Walmart, the late-middle aged cashier thought she was going to be Columbo and nab a clever criminal by inspecting the Disney coupon for a solid two minutes and grilling my wife about its origins. ...

...If you want to be a detective, leave your retail job and join the police force.

This is very funny!! Thanks for the laughs. :)

Winky 12-16-09 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by TM63975 (Post 9892972)
Does anyone know how to get around this thing if it tells me I can't print out any more G force coupons? :[ I already tried to clear all my history and stuff but it didn't help.. :[ this stinks..

You have to try to print it from another PC. The coupon generator somehow remembers the PC from where it is printed.

DirkUSA 12-16-09 03:08 PM

Went to Target today and they price-matched Walmart, they also took the $5 coupon and the $10 Disney coupon. $6.16 after tax. Nice!

Trevor 12-17-09 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by TM63975 (Post 9891399)
My target was awful... They must have had some sort of discussion or something about price matching (after I got Wall-e for $10) in the last week or so...

Last week when I tried PM Wall-e at the register they said they only do that at customer service... SO I thought I'd save myself the trouble and just go to CS today...

I went to customer service and this lady with an attitude was like go over to the registers and buy it, then come over here and we'll price match it with your receipt.... I was confused b/c last time i went to the registers and they sent me to CS (flippin weirdo's won't make up there stinkin minds about where to go/how it works!)... At that moment i knew it wouldn't work... but i tried anyway... The two coupons worked... but then when i went to PM at CS she said she couldn't because the computer was telling them I OWED THEM $2.00! WHAT?!? yeah, that's right i owed them! So i said screw this i want my money back... They basically are trying to find a way around pricematching with ANY coupons....They want people to buy the item first then go to CS with receipt to get difference... which is TOTAL BS..punks.. not going back to that target.

I want to try another target but I tried printing the coupon again right now and my ink screwed it up (running out).. Now it's telling me i can't print anymore.. I know this is kind of impossible, but is there any way someone can post a copy of the coupon, if that's even possible?

I wouldn't call them awful, they are following policy actually. The official policy is to apply any Target coupons before pricematch.

Sure, some of us are getting lucky, but don't be pissed at your store for doing what they are supposed to do.

And no one should post the g-force coupon, because they are unique UPCs that only work once.

Goldberg74 12-17-09 02:24 PM

My Target had it for $22.99, so they applied the $5 and $10 coupons and I got it for $7.99. I'm happy with that. ;)