DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566238-use-ebillme-%40-buy-com-get-%2410-off-%2410-hangover-potter-%3D-%249-99-more.html)

Brent L 12-10-09 03:30 PM

Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more)

Thanks to SD for the information. Here are the steps:

1. Add products to cart
2. Check Out
3. Sign In (skip to Step 5) or Check Out as Guest
4. Fill Out Shipping Info
5. Select eBillMe Payment Method (Gift Card, Bill Me Later, Credit Card, eBillMe), and place order
6. You get redirected to eBillme site, at the top right enter in Code "buy10dec"
7. Update price and Click Continue
8. Pay with Bank, Pay at Walk In Store, Make Parent Pay (Select Pay with Bank)
9. Done. It pops up a window with all the credentials to setup eBillPay with your bank.

10. Log into your bank account
11. Setup new Payee and fill in the information from the PopUp from step #9
12. Enter the amount of the product and submit

When they receive the payment (not instant like CC) they'll ship the product.

And a few notes:

-What you buy must be $10 or more, no picking something under $10 and getting it for free, it wont work.

-Here is a filler item for $0.99 if you want something less than $10.

-Most banks will only allow you to make bill payments of $1 or more, so keep that in mind.

-This can be used for anything on the site, not just Blu-rays, I'm just mainly into BD now so that is why I posted it here.

-To get the most out of this, buy something that they have free shipping on.

-Do not forget, when checking out with eBillme, you must click "place order" on the Buy.com site, and it will then redirect you to the eBillme site to officially check out. You do not enter the $10 off code until you get redirected to the eBillme site.

SethDLH 12-10-09 04:09 PM

Re: Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more)

not a bad service when you can get the coupons. I just got the silent night deadly night dvd in the mail after getting $5 off for using them. May use again with this coupon

SethDLH 12-10-09 04:16 PM

also, can this be used more than once per account?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 12-10-09 04:22 PM

Is there any bing discounts?

Brent L 12-10-09 04:23 PM

It will work more than once if you use a different email address, but technically you're only supposed to use it once per household.

Jfunk1 12-10-09 05:03 PM

Thanks, OP. Hope this works. I put in an order for The Hangover blu-ray for about $11.

dneilan1 12-10-09 06:02 PM

What am I missing? I don't see a box on the top right on the ebillme site to add the code. The only page is the terms and conditions and once you accept that and put in your DOB and SSN it completes the order. I already accidentally ordered the Hangover at $19.99, because I thought I would enter the coupon on the next page.

dneilan1 12-10-09 06:06 PM

Nevermind, tried it a third time and this time it took me to a different ebillme page with the box for the code. Sorry for the false alarm. If anyone else has this issue, just keep trying.

Brent L 12-10-09 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by dneilan1 (Post 9882569)
What am I missing? I don't see a box on the top right on the ebillme site to add the code. The only page is the terms and conditions and once you accept that and put in your DOB and SSN it completes the order. I already accidentally ordered the Hangover at $19.99, because I thought I would enter the coupon on the next page.

You selected BillMeLater, not eBillme. It's two totally different services.

My Other Self 12-10-09 06:27 PM

Yeah I wonder if you can get Bing cashback with this.

My Other Self 12-10-09 06:33 PM

Keep in mind Hangover is sold through DeepDiscount - so if their usual shipping standards are any indication you may not get it until after Christmas.

SethDLH 12-10-09 07:01 PM

just picked up Romero's Day Of The Dead blu ray for $2.77 shipped. Thanks OP

tofferman 12-10-09 09:15 PM

While it took a few minutes to set up, it was worth it. Picked up Casablanca on blu-ray (single disc) for $12.23. Thanks to the OP!

zombeaner 12-10-09 10:05 PM

I'm picking up Eyes Wide Shut BD for $3.88 shipped. Slowly replacing all of the DVD pieces of my Kubrick box. Unfortunately I didn't have my Bill Pay set up at my bank, so that will take a day or two to become activated.

Gypo66 12-11-09 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by dneilan1 (Post 9882569)

I also keep getting directed to the page without the box for the code. What am I doing wrong?

obidawsn 12-11-09 06:10 AM

So you have to use your bank's online Bill Pay to do this?

I ask because you may want to read the fine print of your bank's online Bill Pay. I was curious about paying a bill with my bank's online Bill Pay and had to sign up just to see if I could do it. It turned out that I either couldn't or there was a lot of hassle that wasn't really worth it, so I didn't use the Bill Pay. After a few months I noticed I had a fee for Bill Pay on my account. I called the bank and they said that it was because I hadn't used my Bill Pay in a certain period of time (something like 60 or 90 days). I argued it and tried to explain why I signed up and why I didn't use it, but because the fee was mentioned in the bottom of some fine print that you had to click to another page to see, they wouldn't take it off. Even someone I know that's pretty high up in one of the bank's branches said he had the same problem with his wife's account and he couldn't even get it removed.

So that means, if you purchase this with your bank's online Bill Pay and don't use it for a certain period of time, you may have a fee on your bank account. I had to go to the bank and get a form to fill out and turn it in to get Bill Pay taken off of my account. It was a huge hassle.

I'm not saying all banks are that way, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up just in case. It would definitely be worth checking in to before you do this.

BTW, I want to add a thank you to the OP for making the deal known. I don't mean to TC, but when I saw people talking about signing up for their bank's Bill Pay I wanted to warn everybody. I almost clicked off this thread and was going to consider the deal later, but not if I have to use my bank's Bill Pay.

Michael Corvin 12-11-09 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn (Post 9883266)
So you have to use your bank's online Bill Pay to do this?

I ask because you may want to read the fine print of your bank's online Bill Pay. I was curious about paying a bill with my bank's online Bill Pay and had to sign up just to see if I could do it. It turned out that I either couldn't or there was a lot of hassle that wasn't really worth it, so I didn't use the Bill Pay. After a few months I noticed I had a fee for Bill Pay on my account. I called the bank and they said that it was because I hadn't used my Bill Pay in a certain period of time (something like 60 or 90 days). I argued it and tried to explain why I signed up and why I didn't use it, but because the fee was mentioned in the bottom of some fine print that you had to click to another page to see, they wouldn't take it off. Even someone I know that's pretty high up in one of the bank's branches said he had the same problem with his wife's account and he couldn't even get it removed.

So that means, if you purchase this with your bank's online Bill Pay and don't use it for a certain period of time, you may have a fee on your bank account. I had to go to the bank and get a form to fill out and turn it in to get Bill Pay taken off of my account. It was a huge hassle.

I'm not saying all banks are that way, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up just in case. It would definitely be worth checking in to before you do this.

BTW, I want to add a thank you to the OP for making the deal known. I don't mean to TC, but when I saw people talking about signing up for their bank's Bill Pay I wanted to warn everybody. I almost clicked off this thread and was going to consider the deal later, but not if I have to use my bank's Bill Pay.

What bank was this? And are you saying you never use online Bill Pay with your bank, that's why they hit you with the charge or just with this one "Payee?"

bookcase3 12-11-09 11:25 AM

I just ordered Taking Woodstock for $17.86.

SethDLH 12-11-09 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9883337)
What bank was this? And are you saying you never use online Bill Pay with your bank, that's why they hit you with the charge or just with this one "Payee?"

I think he means because he activated online bill pay and left it inactive for a while they began to give him fees. just like you get penalized for not using a giftcard to certain stores within certain amounts of time.

i could be wrong though

kenbenobi 12-11-09 03:22 PM

Did Amazon buy buy.com or something? I notice that buy.com is now accepting amazon's payphrase payment system... They used to be competitor's so that seems odd to me...

Joe666Pack 12-11-09 03:38 PM

Thanks to OP. Just ordered The Fly BD (and a cd-r !) for $0.27 w/ the ebillme code!

kenbenobi 12-11-09 04:24 PM

Thanks, I bought Three Stooges Collection: 1952-1954 which hasn't had a good price anywhere. $10.64 shipped! Awesome...

kenbenobi 12-11-09 04:38 PM

FYI, in case someone wants to buy something that is less than $10, you could use this $5 coupon instead:
BUY5OFF0110

Personally, I'd just look for something else to buy to get over the $10 hump. But I'm assuming you could use EACH coupon with the same email address. I haven't verified that, but the $5 coupon does not say NEW customers like the $10 one does...

Jfunk1 12-11-09 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Joe666Pack (Post 9884214)
Thanks to OP. Just ordered The Fly BD (and a cd-r !) for $0.27 w/ the ebillme code!

My bank won't let me send an ebill payment for $0.18 (the amount after $10 off for The Fly Blu-ray) because it requires a minimum payment of $1. I have Bank of America. Did you run into the same problem?

Joe666Pack 12-11-09 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jfunk1 (Post 9884347)
My bank won't let me send an ebill payment for $0.18 (the amount after $10 off for The Fly Blu-ray) because it requires a minimum payment of $1. I have Bank of America. Did you run into the same problem?

Nope. Chase didn't gimme a prob at all.