Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Use eBillme @ Buy.com, get $10 off $10 (Hangover, Potter = $9.99, and more)

Has anybody tried this on a preorder?
Old 12-11-09, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did, and it worked perfectly.
Old 12-11-09, 05:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe666Pack
Nope. Chase didn't gimme a prob at all.
Thanks! I just processed the $0.18 bill payment through my Chase account.
Old 12-11-09, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I did, and it worked perfectly.
Thanks! Moon and I'll try and grab Hurt Locker with a different account.
Old 12-11-09, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This wasn't supposed to expire for a couple weeks, but they changed it so that it expires tonight. If you want in on this, do it ASAP!
Old 12-11-09, 08:53 PM

Ordered Batman Begins....not a huge savings over Amazon, but still saved $3 something. I have two bank accounts and have never used their bill pay feature. I noticed that one of my banks offers free bill pay, while the other offers a free trial and then charges after that period.
Old 12-11-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here are a few last minute deal for you guys:

-Wages of Fear (Criterion BD) = $12.87/shipped after coupon

-Gomorrah (Criterion BD) = $14.89/shipped after coupon

And check this link out for more, including 2-packs for $15.xx/shipped after the coupon:

http://www.buy.com/merch/q/orderby/8/querytype/dvd_bluray/store/4/als/-1/loc/322/p01/30/pageTitle/$25%20to%20$30/showall.html

Last edited by Brent L; 12-11-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-11-09, 09:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
Ordered Batman Begins....not a huge savings over Amazon, but still saved $3 something. I have two bank accounts and have never used their bill pay feature. I noticed that one of my banks offers free bill pay, while the other offers a free trial and then charges after that period.
Which bank charges after the initial period?
Old 12-11-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent L
This wasn't supposed to expire for a couple weeks, but they changed it so that it expires tonight. If you want in on this, do it ASAP!
How can you tell? Where was this deal actually advertised. I'm glad you posted it, cuz I never saw anything advertising it. I did find a $25 off $100 one posted elsewhere, but I think that may only be for tigerdirect.com
Old 12-11-09, 11:25 PM

When you go through the process you can just put in your Credit Card number and everything is instant, yes? I don't want to have to deal with paying this later, but if it's just like paying through Buy.com with a CC then I will bite on this.
Old 12-11-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John Slider
When you go through the process you can just put in your Credit Card number and everything is instant, yes? I don't want to have to deal with paying this later, but if it's just like paying through Buy.com with a CC then I will bite on this.
No, you can't pay with a credit card. But you don't have to pay it later, either. You have to select eBillme as your form of payment. As soon as you complete checkout, you get a pop-up window with payment info. You have to pay with Billpay from your checking account, or go to one of their payment centers (I never looked at the list, but it says Moneygram is one). I paid immediately after placing my order, from my checking account...
Old 12-11-09, 11:33 PM

Ah, I misread the OP. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-12-09, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
How can you tell? Where was this deal actually advertised. I'm glad you posted it, cuz I never saw anything advertising it. I did find a $25 off $100 one posted elsewhere, but I think that may only be for tigerdirect.com
http://www.buy.com/toc/ebillme-10-do...ion/67845.html

Limited time offer! Expires 12/11/09 at 11:59 PM PST.
As of right now, we have less than two hours before it's dead.
Old 12-12-09, 01:58 AM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought I'd be able to pay for this with my credit card on their website, but it's clear I cannot. Anyone know how to cancel an order. Do I cancel it via ebillme or via buy.com?
Old 12-12-09, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lipid
I thought I'd be able to pay for this with my credit card on their website, but it's clear I cannot. Anyone know how to cancel an order. Do I cancel it via ebillme or via buy.com?
I'm sure you could easily cancel right now through buy.com. Otherwise it says eBillme will call you in 3 business days if you haven't paid yet. So you could just wait for them to call you, then ask them to cancel it.
Old 12-12-09, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. I was looking all over for info on the promotion, and never saw a thing other than what you posted here. That link, of course, now states the promotion has ended. Thanks for posting this deal right away! I took advantage of it 3 times...
Old 12-15-09, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
What bank was this? And are you saying you never use online Bill Pay with your bank, that's why they hit you with the charge or just with this one "Payee?"
Originally Posted by SethDLH
I think he means because he activated online bill pay and left it inactive for a while they began to give him fees. just like you get penalized for not using a giftcard to certain stores within certain amounts of time.

i could be wrong though
Sorry it took so long to reply. I about forgot about this post.

I never use Bill Pay with my bank. I was able to pay all of my bills online without it and never saw any sense in using it. I then moved into a new apartment that didn't have an online payment option. They told me I could probably set up something with the bank, so I checked into their Bill Pay option. I wasn't too pleased with it, since I saw no easy way to pay my apartment managers through it (I believe it was possible, but it wasn't easy to setup, and at the time I was near the office once a week, so I didn't think it was worth it). I then left the Bill Pay inactive and was charged fees for it. I then had to fill out paperwork at the bank (I actually had to go to the bank and get the paperwork and turn it in, nothing as simple as doing it online) to get the Bill Pay taken off my account.

My bank is somewhat local, so this may not be the case everywhere. But I wanted to give people a heads up to look at the fine print of your bank's Bill Pay. It might seem like a good deal, but for those signing up for the first time to do this deal, you may not be looking at using it on a regular basis. And for my bank, at least, it was a lot of work to get it taken off, and I was still stuck with the fees.

If you use Bill Pay on a regular basis, then this would have still been a good deal. I just wanted to warn people who were just jumping on it to get the deal.
Old 12-15-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Sorry it took so long to reply. I about forgot about this post.

I never use Bill Pay with my bank. I was able to pay all of my bills online without it and never saw any sense in using it. I then moved into a new apartment that didn't have an online payment option. They told me I could probably set up something with the bank, so I checked into their Bill Pay option. I wasn't too pleased with it, since I saw no easy way to pay my apartment managers through it (I believe it was possible, but it wasn't easy to setup, and at the time I was near the office once a week, so I didn't think it was worth it). I then left the Bill Pay inactive and was charged fees for it. I then had to fill out paperwork at the bank (I actually had to go to the bank and get the paperwork and turn it in, nothing as simple as doing it online) to get the Bill Pay taken off my account.

My bank is somewhat local, so this may not be the case everywhere. But I wanted to give people a heads up to look at the fine print of your bank's Bill Pay. It might seem like a good deal, but for those signing up for the first time to do this deal, you may not be looking at using it on a regular basis. And for my bank, at least, it was a lot of work to get it taken off, and I was still stuck with the fees.

If you use Bill Pay on a regular basis, then this would have still been a good deal. I just wanted to warn people who were just jumping on it to get the deal.
Sounds like a big hassle. I'm sure it has something to do with your bank being a more local type.

Bank of America users don't worry, online banking is a free service they do.
Old 12-16-09, 02:10 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Are other people having problems with more than one order? They acknowledged one of my payments and not the other. I only had 2 orders. People on slickdeals contacted customer service and supposedly only one order will be honored unless you slipped in early on before they stopped more than 1 order. or if you used different mailing addresses and banks accounts and so on.
Old 12-17-09, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
Which bank charges after the initial period?
Wells Fargo. My other bank, Bank of America does not.
Old 12-17-09, 02:34 PM

The item I ordered was listed as shipping in 1-2 business days. I ordered last Friday and it still shows as "processing" on the Buy.com website. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
Old 12-17-09, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
Are other people having problems with more than one order? They acknowledged one of my payments and not the other. I only had 2 orders. People on slickdeals contacted customer service and supposedly only one order will be honored unless you slipped in early on before they stopped more than 1 order. or if you used different mailing addresses and banks accounts and so on.
Two of my 3 orders have shipped. They had the same mailing address, but were sent from different banks. Not sure about my 3rd order though. I used Guest Checkout at buy.com and they have no record of my order #. I haven't received any email updates on that one. Two payments were sent on the same day from the same bank. I probably should have split them up...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-17-09 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-17-09, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
The item I ordered was listed as shipping in 1-2 business days. I ordered last Friday and it still shows as "processing" on the Buy.com website. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
It won't ship until after buy.com receives the payment. So it doesn't matter when you ordered it. All that matters is when the eBillme payment clears.
Old 12-17-09, 04:12 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

How do you have so many bank accounts? I just looked at slickdeals and some said that when they called they said that each order had to be paid by a different bank account to work. I'm wondering when I will get a refund on my 2nd order. It just says processing on it. Others have said that ebillme isnt paying it or hasnt received payment if it says that after so many days.
Old 12-17-09, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
It won't ship until after buy.com receives the payment. So it doesn't matter when you ordered it. All that matters is when the eBillme payment clears.
It cleared on Monday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.