Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Ad (BD) - December 13-19 - Hangover, Basterds + Boogie Nights Exclusives

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Ad (BD) - December 13-19 - Hangover, Basterds + Boogie Nights Exclusives

Old 12-15-09, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Best Buy Ad (BD) - December 13-19 - Hangover, Basterds + Boogie Nights Exclusives

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit View Post
Doesn't Best Buy match their online prices? So, wouldn't IB ring up at $17.99?
Yes Best Buy matches their online prices, but you will have to tell the cashier since it will NOT automatically ring up at $17.99.
Old 12-15-09, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Best Buy Ad (BD) - December 13-19 - Hangover, Basterds + Boogie Nights Exclusives

Also, be aware that BB's online price for The Hangover is $15.99. I intend to pick that up, as well as IB for $17.99 - the $3 Sunday paper coupon.
Old 12-15-09, 12:40 PM

Just in case anyone was wondering, the IB bonus disc is inside the blu ray casing, it isnt attached to the outside.

There is a sticker on the slipcover that designates if it is in the package. My BB had 3 rows of IB Blus and only 1 row had the sticker.
Old 12-15-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My BB had only five copies of IB with the sticker indicating the third disc. It's 68 min. with very little dead time aside from the Q & A portion (it's also letterboxed/non-anamorphic). Pretty informative as far as these things go and much better shot than I would have expected. For $14.99 (website PM + coupon) I thought it was ultimately a better deal than $11.99 for the standard version at Target.
Old 12-15-09, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Best Buy had a grand total of 7 (6 after me) copies with the sticker.
Old 12-15-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I ended up getting Basterds for $17.99 with the bonus disc. They also had Bruno for $16.99 so I got that and used the $5 coupon on Basterds, making it $11.99, which is about what I wanted to pay.

The lady wouldn't take the additional $3 off and I didn't argue too much. She basically totaled me up and innocently or not tried to get me to pay without the $5 off having registered. I don't know why they don't teach the employees how that shit works at Best Buy. I'm not surprised or anything but it's annoying. I know more than most employees. And it's not like I was trying to tell them it was triple coupon day...
Old 12-15-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit View Post
My Best Buy had a grand total of 7 (6 after me) copies with the sticker.
Mine had at least 3 dozen.
Old 12-15-09, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Willh51 View Post
The lady wouldn't take the additional $3 off
My cashier adjusted the price to $17.99. He scanned the coupon but the register rang it up as a $0.00 discount. I'll just grab a copy from Target for $11.99.
Old 12-15-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This Is It Blu-ray Steelbook is, unfortunately, DVD sized.
Old 12-16-09, 02:58 AM

Picked up IB today. Cashier actually had me go to one of their kiosks and print out the webpage to confirm it was $17.99 on their site. Sheesh.

On the other hand, when I gave her the $3 coupon, she didn't even scan it. Just checked it out and knocked off 3 bucks manually.

Also grabbed Transformers on BD. Noticed it had a $10 rebate for upgrading the DVD so I basically got it for 5 bucks. Not too shabby.
Old 12-16-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mnementh View Post
Mine had at least 3 dozen.
Same here...

On a side note, I did something for the first time yesterday. I bought a movie on its release day (The Hangover) and watched it that night! In all my years of buying DVD's, I don't think I've ever done that...

I actually saw The Hangover in the theater, but really wanted to see the unrated footage. To be honest, there isn't much. Just extended bits here and there, with a bit more swearing. But it really didn't add to the movie. I watched all of the extras as well. The Ken Jeong stuff was kinda funny. That dude is really crazy. The additional 100 pictures they're advertising? A waste of time! Most are just alternate pics of the same pictures used in the end credits, and many of them almost identical. Of all of the pictures, there were maybe 1 or 2 that I thought should have been used, but they weren't that great. I even checked out the BD-Live stuff (another first for me). But it wasn't worth the effort...
I do give the movie a huge thumbs up, but the Unrated stuff and the extras were just so-so IMO...
Old 12-16-09, 07:05 PM

Is the IB with 3rd disc the same SKU and UPC as the 2 disc one that everyone else has or is it different?
Old 12-16-09, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Got the 3 disc Basterds for $5.55 out the door after online PM, $3 coupon and $10 RZ Cert .
Old 12-16-09, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78 View Post
Is the IB with 3rd disc the same SKU and UPC as the 2 disc one that everyone else has or is it different?
It's the same. The bonus disc is in a paper sleeve inside the case.