Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Blu-ray Media Prices: December 13-19, 2009

Old 12-11-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Target Blu-ray Media Prices: December 13-19, 2009

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Really hoping G-Force is listed at $19.99
Don't forget the Disney $10 coupon as well ... $19.99 -$5 -$10 = $4.99!!
Old 12-12-09, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I see it now. Stupid computer at work wasn't loading it properly
Old 12-12-09, 10:28 AM

There was also a $3 off Manufacturer's Coupon for Inglorious Bastards (and a whole bunch of other movies) in this week's Red Plum coupons, if you get those in the mail like I do.
Old 12-12-09, 06:13 PM

I picked up "Taking Lives" for only $4.99 (after Coupon).
Old 12-13-09, 03:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Ok, just to have all the coupon links in one post for everyone in all these various Target and coupon threads, here we go.

Stacking works, as Target allows one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item.

Here again are the links to the:
Redplum $3 dvd/blu-ray coupons (Public Enemies, Inglourious Basterds, Funny People, Coraline, Curious George Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Barbie Christmas Carol)

Smartsource $3 blu-ray coupons (Happening, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Towering Inferno, Eragon, Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Commando, Predator 2, High Crimes)

3-sheet of Target $5 off any blu-ray coupons.
Old 12-14-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Point Break is $9.99 this week too.
Old 12-14-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Is Public Enemies still $22.99 this week?
Old 12-14-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
Is Public Enemies still $22.99 this week?
Who would have the best price now? Missed it last week
Old 12-14-09, 01:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by DVD.guy View Post
Who would have the best price now? Missed it last week
I imagine Target with the two coupons.

Also don't forget the BB version comes with a bonus 3rd disc of extra features, and the one coupon would apply there, ymmv on getting them to accept the Target coupon.
Old 12-14-09, 03:35 PM

nevermind...people already posted the $3 RP coupon.
Old 12-14-09, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Is there a link to that coupon? I might use it on Wall-E
Old 12-14-09, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Is there a link to that coupon? I might use it on Wall-E
Its only for G-Force.
Old 12-14-09, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Oh I haven't... that's why I'm hoping the have it for $19.99
Old 12-15-09, 07:46 AM
Cool New Member

Just got back from Target...picked up Inglourious Basterds for $11.99.

The $5 coupon scanned no problem...but the $3 manufacturer coupon initially came up as "customer has not purchased this item". The guy looked at it and said "we don't accept these". Then I said, "well, it's a manufacturer's coupon". Then it showed $3 off as well, so he probably hit something to accept it.

The only annoying thing was that the movie with slipcover (at least they kept the slipcover) was wedged into that dumb security case. Well, the checkout guy was trying to pry it out with his fingers, and then with a pen. He nearly ripped the thing and covered it with ink. He actually seemed surprised when I stopped him and said "please don't wreck the slipcover". Good lord.

I had my 17-month old daughter with me, so I didn't get too nuts ...but if I had been by myself, I would've insisted that he go back and get me a fresh one.

Chris

Last edited by fatherom; 12-15-09 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-15-09, 09:26 AM

IB for $12 using both coupons, no issues for me at the 76th & Brown Deer store in Milwaukee. Glad I was able to cancel my amazon pre-order.

As I mentioned in the G-Force thread, it's $22.99 for that BD, about $3 too much for me. I'll have to see if I can get the Walmart ad and do a price match/coupon/coupon.
Old 12-15-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by goblin23 View Post
IB for $12 using both coupons, no issues for me at the 76th & Brown Deer store in Milwaukee. Glad I was able to cancel my amazon pre-order.

As I mentioned in the G-Force thread, it's $22.99 for that BD, about $3 too much for me. I'll have to see if I can get the Walmart ad and do a price match/coupon/coupon.

Wal-mart's ad here.. (Janesville) has G-force(blu) for $28.96. So unless you can find an IL ad.. you might be out of luck. I might make that trip however.. but it would probably cost me the difference in gas, so it's probably not worth it.
Old 12-15-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Scored IB for $12 and had the same issue as other peeps posted where the register said 'This is not for the item' but the CSR just hit a button and it was good. Also got Fight Club for $12. These coupons rock!!!
Old 12-15-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yep, grabbed the Basterds for $11.99 as well ($19.99 - $5 web coupon - $3 RedPlum coupon). Same deal as everyone else, where they had to hit a button to clear the extra $3. However, everything scanned and worked just as planned! Make sure that you pick up the red slipcover version instead of the black slipcover one w/ the soundtrack, because they're ringing up at two different prices.

Bear in mind that there's also a $5 off coupon on the Inglourious Basterds slipcover, which covers Public Enemies, Funny People, and Bruno if you purchase them on the same transaction. I would've gone after Public Enemies, but the price had been marked back up to $26.99.
Old 12-15-09, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
Yep, grabbed the Basterds for $11.99 as well ($19.99 - $5 web coupon - $3 RedPlum coupon). Same deal as everyone else, where they had to hit a button to clear the extra $3.
Same here, she did study the coupons carefully first, and the $3 came up as "Item not available" or something like that, but she cleared it.
Old 12-15-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$26.99 for Public Enemies!! Ouch - guess I won't bother stopping at Target this week.........
Old 12-15-09, 04:59 PM

Target really doesn't like coupons. The lady didn't want to accept the RedPlum coupon because the Blu Ray is a 2 Disc and the coupon had a pic of the standard DVD. I kept insisting it covers both DVD and Blu Ray (its on the bloody coupon) and it was legitimate but she kept telling me since the register wouldn't take it, it wasn't the same and and she couldn't do anything about. She talked to several different people and finally let the coupon through by overriding the machine. The $5 coupon scanned without a glitch. $13.04 was my total. I is happy!

I did overhear some Target employees talking about the $5 coupon. I heard that some guy kept coming in every day with them and that next time they saw him, they would put a stop to it and that they didn't want him "stealing money from us" anymore. It sucks that some jackasses can ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 12-15-09, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldWhore'sDiet View Post
I did overhear some Target employees talking about the $5 coupon. I heard that some guy kept coming in every day with them and that next time they saw him, they would put a stop to it and that they didn't want him "stealing money from us" anymore. It sucks that some jackasses can ruin it for the rest of us.
The jackasses would be the Target employees for thinking he's "stealing" from them. There are no usage restrictions on those coupons. Their POS system accepts as many as you throw at it. Whoever in marketing decided it was a good idea didn't give a crap, so why do they?

The Target cashier who took two $5 off coupons and one $10 off G-Force coupon in the same transaction was happy for me when she saw them all take and realized what a good deal I just got.
Old 12-15-09, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldWhore'sDiet View Post
Target really doesn't like coupons. The lady didn't want to accept the RedPlum coupon because the Blu Ray is a 2 Disc and the coupon had a pic of the standard DVD. I kept insisting it covers both DVD and Blu Ray (its on the bloody coupon) and it was legitimate but she kept telling me since the register wouldn't take it, it wasn't the same and and she couldn't do anything about. She talked to several different people and finally let the coupon through by overriding the machine. The $5 coupon scanned without a glitch. $13.04 was my total. I is happy!

You know, when I was looking at the coupon, the thought crossed my mind that some dumb employee might make a stink because only the DVD was pictured. But then I figured it wouldn't be an issue because the wording on the coupon specifically states that it applies to both DVD and Blu-Ray. Cannot believe you had trouble over this... some people seriously have ZERO sense. I can somewhat understand if a cashier does a double-take with the Target $5 coupon before actually reading it, but not those MCs. Fail.

I agree with Brandon, though. There's no limitations on the Target coupon except that only one can be used per transaction, which is not really a big deal if they insisted everything be rung up separately. Same price per BD, either way. If some guy wanted to keep coming in and using it, they should be happy they're getting all that business! How many promos do they put out that bring customers back to their store again and again and again?

Thanks again, OP, for posting the ads. Grabbed Apocalypto for $10, and The Prestige. Didn't see Pearl Harbor, but no big. Also did Inglourious Basterds for $12. Thought about sneaking a page from last week's BB ad into the new ad and trying to get Public Enemies price-matched (which would have put both discs at <$10 after that $5 coupon on IB), but decided not to spoil a great success streak with all the coupons and deals I've been getting there, lately.
Old 12-15-09, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't understand how you're stealing money from a company with a coupon when you're using it for its intended purpose. And it's a STORE coupon.

That's why I never bothered again. I got Snatch for $10 and felt really lucky.
Old 12-16-09, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by kk725 View Post
Also did Inglourious Basterds for $12. Thought about sneaking a page from last week's BB ad into the new ad and trying to get Public Enemies price-matched (which would have put both discs at <$10 after that $5 coupon on IB), but decided not to spoil a great success streak with all the coupons and deals I've been getting there, lately.
I also got IB for $12 and had the same temptation about the old BB ad for Public Enemies, but decided not to. Plus, with a $5 off peelie from IB, $5 off TGT coupon, and $3 off mfg. coupon, we could only use 2, but $10 would've still been OK. Too bad the $5 off peelie wasn't available last week. If the $3 mfg. coupon was available last week for Public Enemies, then I totaly spaced out and missed it for $12. I have to keep reminding me that Public Enemies will be someday available on BR for $10 or less with a bit of patience (maybe at Amazon in 1-2 years).

In a SD thread about this, someone mentioned PM'ing Public Enemies BR to $19.96 or $19.99 before the coupons along with IB, but I don't think anyone has Public Enemies for that price this week? (So either that poster lied or did the unethical BB ad trick or Target made a mistake.)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.