Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Harry Potter 6 - $15 at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

Old 12-08-09, 02:56 AM

Harry Potter 6 - $15 at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart tonight and picked up Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on BR tonight. Don't even have a BR player, but want one and this had the DVD copy too, so I picked it up. It was marked $19.99 on the shelf, but rang up $15.00 ($15.65 w/ tax).
Old 12-08-09, 05:38 AM

Re: Harry Potter 6 - $15 at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

Walmart has it advertised for $15 in their ad, so it's probably not as YMMV as many Walmart deals. I'm hoping that we can use the ad to pricematch at Target and use the $5 coupon, though.
Old 12-08-09, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not $15.00 in all of their ads. In my local ad, it's listed as $19.96, and that's what they have it listed for at the store. I think it sucks that Walmart doesn't have the same price at every store on the same items
Old 12-08-09, 06:29 AM

I have an ad from last week that I kept just for this - Harry Potter blu listed as $15.00. I am going to use it for the PM and coupon to make it $10 over at Target. I have a few to buy as gifts.

I can try to scan it when I get in to work...
Old 12-08-09, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Murmur View Post
I have an ad from last week that I kept just for this - Harry Potter blu listed as $15.00. I am going to use it for the PM and coupon to make it $10 over at Target. ...
I picked an ad up at Walmart this morning to take to Target with the coupon later. They better not give me any crap.

Old 12-08-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually watched this last night when my Amazon order arrived.

Very good HP installment.

Last edited by nycdude; 12-08-09 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I picked an ad up at Walmart this morning to take to Target with the coupon later. They better not give me any crap.

Worked for me at Target this morning. $10 + tax out the door.
Old 12-08-09, 09:45 AM

Work for me at Target as well with the price match and $5 Target coupon.
Old 12-08-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

amazon price is now at $15 shipped and no tax for many.

not as great as the target PM and coupon deal.
Old 12-08-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Since I made the "mistake" of pre-ordering* it from Amazon, I sent them an e-mail asking them to lower my price yet again. The pre-order price guarantee is good through release day, from what I've read.

I picked up the Wal-mart ad on Sunday and may try to get another copy of HP6 from Target, with the coupon, on Saturday if they have any left. Too much snow here today to drive 70 miles just for a BD bargain; better to wait for a regular grocery shopping trip.

*Memo to self: no more pre-ordering Blu-ray Discs from Amazon... I've been burned by rapid price drops and better deals too many times in recent weeks!
Old 12-08-09, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by lizard View Post
^Since I made the "mistake" of pre-ordering* it from Amazon, I sent them an e-mail asking them to lower my price yet again. The pre-order price guarantee is good through release day, from what I've read.

I picked up the Wal-mart ad on Sunday and may try to get another copy of HP6 from Target, with the coupon, on Saturday if they have any left. Too much snow here today to drive 70 miles just for a BD bargain; better to wait for a regular grocery shopping trip.

*Memo to self: no more pre-ordering Blu-ray Discs from Amazon... I've been burned by rapid price drops and better deals too many times in recent weeks!
Hey I see that you live on the western slope...I'm in Grand Junction. Where are you? I was going to go to Target today, but the roads here are HORRIBLE!
Old 12-08-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Murmur View Post
Work for me at Target as well with the price match and $5 Target coupon.
Same here, once they sent me up to the service counter.
Old 12-08-09, 11:59 AM

dropped to $14.99 on Amazon today, think I might have to go for it.
Old 12-08-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Target rep almost didn't do it for me because of the Transformers 2 picture, but in the end I got HP6 BR for $10 + tax. Now I have to return the Walmart.com order that hasn't arrived yet. From what I've read, Walmart.com orders can be returned in store, right?

At least it was free shipping at Walmart, so I should get all my money back. I'm beginning to agree that preordering is risky because lately there have been a lot of last minute deals or price drops.
Old 12-08-09, 03:11 PM

No go at the Burbank, CA Target store. They wouldn't take the above Walmart scan saying it had to be the original store ad. I argued all the way up to a manager. I told them, "you expect me to drive 20 miles (10 actually) to the nearest Walmart (there are none in the Los Angeles area, sucks), get their ad, drive back and then price match?" I asked them how that made any sense.

At least I used the $5 Target coupon to get The Wild Bunch for $4.99.

Chris
Old 12-08-09, 05:22 PM

What's Target's pricematch deal? I see you guys getting it for $10...how's that working?

Also, I didn't get a Wal-Mart ad this week, so I didn't know it was an advertised price. I just knew it was $5 less than it said it was on the shelf!
Old 12-08-09, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
Same here, once they sent me up to the service counter.
Same here. The clerk looked at the coupon, scanned it and said $10.80!

May the bargains continue.
Old 12-08-09, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a printer. I usually just use a friends, but, he was at work, today. I just need to break down and buy a printer. Ink is just so darn expensive. Anyway, went to Best Buy, showed them the ad scan from here (using my iPhone 3G), and the cashier sold the Blu-Ray to me for $14.99 plus tax! Awesome lenticular cover, by the way!
Old 12-08-09, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne View Post
I don't have a printer. I usually just use a friends, but, he was at work, today. I just need to break down and buy a printer. Ink is just so darn expensive. Anyway, went to Best Buy, showed them the ad scan from here (using my iPhone 3G), and the cashier sold the Blu-Ray to me for $14.99 plus tax! Awesome lenticular cover, by the way!
Yeah, for the 5 minutes I held it in my hand before I threw it back at them, it was a pretty cool cover. I've never seen a better changing of characters than on that cover.

Oh well, the Amazon Black Friday sale is only 11 1/2 months away!

Chris
Old 12-08-09, 07:21 PM

Went to Target and had the Walmart ad in one hand and a Target coupon in the other. Walked out of there with HP6 for a lovely $10.
Old 12-09-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ordered through Bing and received it in the mail yesterday. All told it was $12 after Bing 20% cashback through Walmart.com, and I had to drive NO WHERE!
Old 12-09-09, 05:40 PM

I did the Target match too with the Walmart ad and the $5 Target coupon discount for $10 + tax. FYI, your target may request (like mine did) the original flyer ad and not the re-print from the web.

Click here for the $5 coupon link on Target Blu-ray http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd....uG4XHtgw%3D%3D and then select movies. (Note: You may have to install plug-in when asked)
Old 12-09-09, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tjn007 View Post

Click here for the $5 coupon link on Target Blu-ray http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd....uG4XHtgw%3D%3D and then select movies. (Note: You may have to install plug-in when asked)

No need for all of that. You can print the coupon here-

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9859112-post33.html
Old 12-09-09, 10:31 PM

Target coupon worked fine for me.....$10.80 out the door
Old 12-09-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lizard View Post

I had an email from amazon this evening indicating that they were lowering my price paid by an additional dollar to match the $14.99 price. I hadn't even bothered sending them a message because it's iffy to get them to give a reduction on something whose price has changed recently. (I've had 50/50 responses on my emails to them). This time, though, they did the right thing by me.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.