Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Old 12-14-09, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

I'm at work now and printed out the form for some Pixar movies (I've only upgraded Monsters Inc on my own so far). Its free for now so I will see if there are any good deals when I get the actual coupons so its not a big deal. Plus I have to see if any extensive 'mutilation' will have to be done to my DVDs, which I may just trade in any way.
Old 12-14-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Warner is handling this much better with Red2Blu and DVD2Blu.
I suppose that's a matter of perspective. At least with Disney, I get to keep the DVD and acquire the Blu-ray; with Warner's program, I have to give them my DVD in order to get the Blu-ray. Also, as of yesterday, Warner's available selection had dramatically dwindled; Disney appears to plan on expanding their program throughout 2010.
Old 12-27-09, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently, the last local video rental store in my town is going out of business on the 31st. My cousin mentioned this to me last night, so I stopped in today. They had already been cleared out, but I did manage to buy (for a dime apiece) a handful of Disney DVD inserts. When The Lion King rolls out on Blu-ray, I won't have to butcher my collector's edition boxed set to get the UPC! (Provided, of course, this promotion is still going in 201X.)
Old 02-08-10, 05:13 PM

Has anyone been emailed these coupons yet? Mailed in my request about 2 months ago and haven't received anything yet.
Old 02-08-10, 06:28 PM

I haven't yet, but I'm in the 9th week of the requested "8-10 weeks" they asked me to wait.

Not that it matters anyway. I already bought 2 of the 3 blu-rays that I sent coupons for because I could get them cheaper now instead of saving $8 later (and paying more).
Old 02-08-10, 06:29 PM

Nothing for me either. I also tried calling the 800 listed in the FAQ. But, all it is just a recording. I have left a message and still no call back.
Old 02-09-10, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so this also means the people who sent in proof of purchase tabs for special offers and giveaways when they first bought the dvds are also out of luck on this to.
Old 02-09-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
so this also means the people who sent in proof of purchase tabs for special offers and giveaways when they first bought the dvds are also out of luck on this to.
Don't most of 'em have 4 tabs? I've never used more than 2 myself. Can't complain, either, since an upgrade like Monsters Inc. cost me less than free after all the discounts and selling the DVD on amazon for around $10. (that's with the tabs removed, and noted in my description!)

Last edited by kunert; 02-09-10 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-12-10, 11:42 PM

I received the emails from Disney with links to my coupons. 9 weeks out of the 8 - 10 weeks of the requested wait time. I would consider that acceptable.
Old 02-13-10, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect
I received the emails from Disney with links to my coupons. 9 weeks out of the 8 - 10 weeks of the requested wait time. I would consider that acceptable.
Have you tried printing more than one coupon (using a different computer)? I'm curious if the link for each title is going to be the same for everyone...
Old 02-13-10, 08:48 AM

Got my coupon email. Now the waiting game for a good deal on these titles.
Wall*E, Ratatouille and A Bug's Life.
Old 02-19-10, 07:54 PM

mailed mine on 2/11 (one tab for each title, even if there were multiple POPs for the disc) and got my email coupons on 2/19. . .
Old 02-20-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, since Toy Story 1/2 can't be selected before they are released I will use the available coupons during release week and get both at Target, Best Buy or WalMart and then request the 2 $8 coupons from Disney and rebuy them either at Target or Best Buy and return (Target gives you the full price paid before coupon back while Best Buy gives you actual cash back for however much the coupon was).
Old 02-24-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If anyone has a coupon for National Treasure, It's on sale at Target next week for $13.00.
I wish my coupon would hurry and get here.
Old 02-27-10, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Question for those who have received the e-mails, did you get them all at once or sporadically? I ask because I just got my 1st 2 today but no others and my upgrade request was about 14 titles.

Update: Disregard, for some reason it showed 2 of the coupon e-mails in my inbox but it put the other 11 coupons in my spam folder. Glad I checked in there. Now all I need is some deals to pop up which between hopefully for sure 2 this week at Target (National Treasure and Pirates) and if selected others includes the other 2 Pirates films I'll be on my way. I'm guessing some decent prices should pop up on the Pixar films when Toy Story 1 & 2 come out the end of March as well.

Last edited by Schloob1; 02-27-10 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-27-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
So, since Toy Story 1/2 can't be selected before they are released I will use the available coupons during release week and get both at Target, Best Buy or WalMart and then request the 2 $8 coupons from Disney and rebuy them either at Target or Best Buy and return (Target gives you the full price paid before coupon back while Best Buy gives you actual cash back for however much the coupon was).
Alright, can you please elaborate on your 2nd part here. If I read this right you are saying the following, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

You go into Target with the $8 coupon and say Toy Story is $20. Say no tax involved you give the cashier the coupon and they say your total then is $12. You are saying you then are able to return the movie and they give you back $20? That just does not sound right, but is this what they would do?
Old 02-27-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Now all I need is some deals to pop up which between hopefully for sure 2 this week at Target (Pirates) and if selected others includes the other 2 Pirates films I'll be on my way. I'm guessing some decent prices should pop up on the Pixar films when Toy Story 1 & 2 come out the end of March as well.
If you check out Amazon and Best Buy online, all 3 Pirate Blu-rays are $14.99 each.

Last edited by darkhawk; 02-27-10 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-28-10, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Alright, can you please elaborate on your 2nd part here. If I read this right you are saying the following, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

You go into Target with the $8 coupon and say Toy Story is $20. Say no tax involved you give the cashier the coupon and they say your total then is $12. You are saying you then are able to return the movie and they give you back $20? That just does not sound right, but is this what they would do?
That is exactly what happens. Found out by accident when I got UP and Monsters Inc for negative $4.xx from Target. I confirmed it last week when I rebought Cloudy WACOM using the $3 coupon and returned my original purchase where I had also used the $3 coupon. My total ended up being $11.99 for that title. They ONLY do this with manuf. coupons. With Best Buy it is just weird. I had bought the original The Day The Earth Stood Still there for $9.99 and used a $3 manuf. coupon. Then, a week later I bought the same title for $4.xx during gohastings big sale. When I went to return my unopened copy to Best Buy I was told $10.61 has bee credited back to your card and here's $3 cash for your coupon. So, my total for that title was just over a buck Can't beat that! I'm loving all these different coupons and BD sales. My BD collection has grown from under 10 before BF last year to over a 100 now. And i will calculate my average, but I know when I do it will be under $10 and closer to $5 at least (if not even lower). I never thought this would happen, at least not this fast. It actually is much cheaper collecting BDs now than DVDs
Old 02-28-10, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One question with these - I'm assuming they are individually numbered right and you only get to print one of each?
Old 03-01-10, 01:26 PM

When sending in the upgrade form, Do you have to include all the tabs from a title? For ex, Wall-E 3-disc edition DVD has 4 small tabs inside, A thru D.
Old 03-01-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mrfunk
When sending in the upgrade form, Do you have to include all the tabs from a title? For ex, Wall-E 3-disc edition DVD has 4 small tabs inside, A thru D.
Welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, you only include one tab per submission. So if you print up the request form for Wall-E, you will see a block reserved for you to affix one Proof of Purchase tab. I don't know offhand if you can make multiple requests on one form, but I think not. So if for some reason you want two Wall-E coupons, I think you would need to print two forms and send each in separately. Read the fine print before you do, though, and make sure Disney allows multiple redemptions per title.
Old 03-01-10, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, you only include one tab per submission. So if you print up the request form for Wall-E, you will see a block reserved for you to affix one Proof of Purchase tab. I don't know offhand if you can make multiple requests on one form, but I think not. So if for some reason you want two Wall-E coupons, I think you would need to print two forms and send each in separately. Read the fine print before you do, though, and make sure Disney allows multiple redemptions per title.
Cool, thx! I wasn't thinking about multiple Wall-e coupons, just wasn't sure if all 4 tabs represented 1 POP or they just give you 4 POPs for some reason..
Old 03-02-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Welcome to the forum!

Pretty sure only 1 coupon per title allowed(given) per e-mail address.
Old 03-02-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
You can now select TS 1 & 2.
Old 03-02-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks SBJ! Was waiting for those 2. Time to request my 17 coupons

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.