Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Originally Posted by RichBecker
Does anybody know a retail store that has a decent price on:

Miracle
Ratatouille
Wall-E
Nightmare Before Christmas

Target is a no-brainer for the POTC movies, but I am hoping to find someplace that has Wall-E, Ratatouille and Nightmare before Christmas for around $20 and Miracle for around $15-$17.

Also, did anybody else not receive their Toy Store 1 & 2 Coupons who mailed them right after they went up on the site? I received 7 coupons within a minute of each other earlier today, but my Toy Story ones weren't sent. I'm assuming that they aren't going to send them immediately so parents don't pester retailers about finding the titles prior to release date, but I'm not sure.
As an update regarding the pricing, for those who are looking for Miracle, my area Super Target had a spot in their Blu-Ray selection marked for $19.99, but they were sold out. However, my area Wal-Marts and Targets had all of the Pixar Blu-Rays marked for $29.99. Has anybody seen or heard of any upcoming prices for Ratatouille or Wall-E which are closer to the $20.00 mark? I know I have seen these for that price before, so I don't want to use the coupon to get the price down to $22. I know that Best Buy had Up for 17.99 last week, it would be excellent if one the national B&M stores had something similar before my coupons expire in a month.
Old 03-13-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichBecker
As an update regarding the pricing, for those who are looking for Miracle, my area Super Target had a spot in their Blu-Ray selection marked for $19.99, but they were sold out. However, my area Wal-Marts and Targets had all of the Pixar Blu-Rays marked for $29.99. Has anybody seen or heard of any upcoming prices for Ratatouille or Wall-E which are closer to the $20.00 mark? I know I have seen these for that price before, so I don't want to use the coupon to get the price down to $22. I know that Best Buy had Up for 17.99 last week, it would be excellent if one the national B&M stores had something similar before my coupons expire in a month.
Just confirming, but you your are saying you already printed out your coupon I assume? Because if not it expirse a month AFTER you print it out and not when you receive the e-mail. Sure you might realize that but just in case. Otherwise, I definitely have made sure the only coupons I printed out so far were the 3 Pirate movies and both National Treasures that have been on sale at Target.

As far as the next time Pixar/Disney movies will be on sale, personally kind of shocked that none were on sale to coincide with the release of the Toy Story Blu's but we only know about Target so far not having any on sale. Perhaps some of the other stores might. Otherwise maybe when Toy Story 3 comes out in theaters they might go on sale. Who knows, but as long as you don;t print them out we have until the end of the year and for sure around Thanksgiving I imagine most if not all will be on a good sale by then. Hopefully in the $15 range somewhere would be nice
Old 03-13-10, 09:31 AM

Myself I am waiting to hopefully find them under $10.00 after the coupon. After getting Pirates of the Caribbean for $5.00 each I am hopeful they will all come in cheaply eventually.
Old 03-13-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same as well, when I mentioned $15 I meant what they would be on sale for. Because I definitely want them for $10 or less after coupon.
Old 03-13-10, 01:14 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Okay, I'm kinda stumped on this program.

From what it sounds like, you order (in advance) coupons of Disney titles you intend to upgrade to Blu Ray, by cutting out and sending UPCs and an order form.

If I sent in an order now for "Toy Story", there's no way I'd have these by release week, right?
Old 03-13-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mao

From what it sounds like, you order (in advance) coupons of Disney titles you intend to upgrade to Blu Ray, by cutting out and sending UPCs and an order form.

If I sent in an order now for "Toy Story", there's no way I'd have these by release week, right?
You could try. Some have gotten them back within a week.
Old 03-13-10, 01:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Mao

It's all YMMV of course, but people have reported getting the emails (with coupon links) in a few days. Technically, the form says 6-8 weeks I think.

I own almost every Disney DVD, printed the form, but have yet to do any clipping/mailing.

Anyone know if it would be ok to print out the form with 30 titles listed, but only mail it back with 25 UPCs? I wasn't near my collection when I printed it, and just guessed at what I had/was willing to cut-up. Should I reprint the form to be safe?
Old 03-13-10, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor

Anyone know if it would be ok to print out the form with 30 titles listed, but only mail it back with 25 UPCs? I wasn't near my collection when I printed it, and just guessed at what I had/was willing to cut-up. Should I reprint the form to be safe?
I would reprint. I did the same thing and was about to mail it, but thought I'd better reprint just to be on the safe side. If you did just send it in I would enclose a note explaining the missing UPCs.
Old 03-13-10, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if anyone noticed, but why did they take the 3 Pirates and 2 National Treasures off the list?
Old 03-13-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
It's all YMMV of course, but people have reported getting the emails (with coupon links) in a few days. Technically, the form says 6-8 weeks I think.
I've stated it on here before, but my thought on the 6-8 weeks was done initially by them when they started the program up in the start of December last year. People that sent in forms right away at that time did wait 6-8 weeks and my feeling there is because they just then at that timeframe began to actually process forms sent in(letting them pile up or they just did not have the coupon e-mails themselves ready for distribution). Now all forms it seems are processed pratically as soon as they get received. I know my turnaround time was 10 days from sending them out.
Old 03-13-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mao

Get it to the post office before Monday morning and you most likely should get them in time of their 1st week on sale.
Old 03-13-10, 11:53 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Get it to the post office before Monday morning and you most likely should get them in time of their 1st week on sale.
Got it it today...we'll see what happens. Of course, I have the "Toy Story" 2-Pack and probably won't get that one.

I find it kinda goofy that they have "Princess And The Frog" as a choice...like you're gonna pick it up on DVD!?
Old 03-14-10, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, guess I should have checked this page before I sold my Toy Story UTB, I'm quite pissed off right now to say the least.
Old 03-14-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Wow, guess I should have checked this page before I sold my Toy Story UTB, I'm quite pissed off right now to say the least.
You're good. Others have reported that Disney didn't accept that one or the 2 packs for submission. I have the UTB, but also the individual 2 disc versions that I submitted POPs from.
Btw, how much did you get for the UTB. Debating whether to keep it or not.
Old 03-14-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
You're good. Others have reported that Disney didn't accept that one or the 2 packs for submission. I have the UTB, but also the individual 2 disc versions that I submitted POPs from.
Btw, how much did you get for the UTB. Debating whether to keep it or not.
If you want every single extra produced for the various Toy Story and Toy Story 2 DVDs, you're going to want to hang on to the UTB. Here's what Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits had to say about the new Blu-rays:

Disney and Pixar's Toy Story and Toy Story 2 street on Blu-ray on 3/23, and I've just gotten a hands-on look at the discs. I'll have a more detailed review soon, but I wanted to offer a few comments for those of you who have been eagerly anticipating this release. First, the picture and sound quality is fantastic. In fact, I think it's everything you'd expect it to be. The extras are also very good, but this is where I wanted to comment. Having gone through the discs, it looks as if these Blu-rays are essentially designed to replace the 2005 2-disc DVD special edition releases. With just a few relatively minor exceptions, nearly everything that was included on those DVDs has carried over here to the Blu-rays. The Blu-rays also add much new material - a good 30-40 minutes worth of new special features per film, including sneak peeks of Toy Story 3 hosted by director Lee Unkrich. BUT... and this is a big one... these Blu-rays DO NOT include all of the special features from the stellar Ultimate Toy Box DVD set released in 2000. Much material from that set is missing on the Blu-rays. So the bottom line is that if you love these films, and you want ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that's been released extras-wise, you need to keep both DVD sets. On the other hand, if you're not quite that picky, you can probably get away with selling the 2005 discs and you'll only be losing a few things (the introductions to the films, the multi-angle progressions and a couple other relatively minor items). In any case, I'd definitely recommend hanging on to the Ultimate Toy Box DVDs even if you do upgrade to Blu-ray. That set was just way too good to part with, and there's a lot of extras only available there. So... that one caveat aside, the new Blu-rays are pretty terrific and I think they were well worth the wait. I suspect you're going to love them
Old 03-14-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Don't know if anyone noticed, but why did they take the 3 Pirates and 2 National Treasures off the list?
I noticed, and was coming in here to mention it.
Old 03-14-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe they noticed too many people getting them so cheap at Target? It's not like that deal is much different than other deals we are getting on other Disney BDs.
Old 03-14-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
If you want every single extra produced for the various Toy Story and Toy Story 2 DVDs, you're going to want to hang on to the UTB.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't going to get rid of my box anyway unless it would fetch alot.
Old 03-14-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sotra
Maybe they noticed too many people getting them so cheap at Target? It's not like that deal is much different than other deals we are getting on other Disney BDs.
Yeah, but even though Target, Best Buy and Amazon lowered their prices, Disney isn't losing any money. Target's prices end March 31st. Maybe they bring them back out.
Old 03-15-10, 03:35 AM

Man...I really hope they still honor requests. I sent my Pirates POP tabs in on the 3rd, but have yet to receive any coupons.
Old 03-15-10, 07:38 PM

Those SCUMBAGS! I had it on my list for a couple weeks to do this precisely for the Pirates and National Treasure movies because of the Target prices (it's possible I might not have received them by the end of March, but I was going to try). I didn't even look here before trying it just now, and when I couldn't find these movies I came here to see if others had noticed. So I guess it happened 2 days ago.

Besides the Pirates and NT movies which were most important to me, I had 7 other far less important possibilities. I just decided that if they are going to pull this type of indian-giving BS, then forget the whole thing. I'm not doing to submit nor upgrade any of them to BDs until the BDs are under $7 each w/o the Disney upgrade coupon. I'll just wait until they're dirt cheap some day, some year. I remember how the night before I ordered from Warner's Red2Blu program they took away Planet Earth and raised prices on the titles I wanted the most, so I only upgraded a few and never bothered with that program again.

So I take full blame and responsibility for this happening. Their magic mirror (remember they have one from Snow White) knew that I had it on my to-do list today, so Disney took these away for everyone. The only shocker is they did it 2 days ago instead of this morning for the maximum "ha ha" to me.

It's too coincidental these titles are the ones Target is selling for $12.99. Since it should be "no skin off Disney's nose" how much Target choses to sell them for (Disney will provide them with $8 regardless), if the Pirates and National Treasure titles reappear in April, it will show that Disney took them away because they didn't want people getting "too good of a deal"... much like how most people love it when the "rich" get soaked with higher taxes (even if it doesn't personally benefit them financially) or how so many cashiers get mad if you use legitimate coupons because they're jealous and malevolent rather than being happy someone saved money. Those are my long-winded opinions.
Old 03-15-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Those SCUMBAGS! I had it on my list for a couple weeks to do this precisely for the Pirates and National Treasure movies because of the Target prices (it's possible I might not have received them by the end of March, but I was going to try).
"Scumbag" is a subjective term, but I tend to reserve it for people who hurt children or promote terrorism. Companies that don't leave a particular movie title up on their Blu-ray upgrade program page, not so much.

In any event, if you were going to get the coupons, you should not have waited. First of all, you took a hell of a gamble that you could submit your request and have it processed in time for a particular sale. More importantly, the coupons expire 30 days after they're printed. There's no reason to wait to submit your request, and every reason to get them in as quickly as possible--as this experience makes clear.
Old 03-15-10, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
"Scumbag" is a subjective term, but I tend to reserve it for people who hurt children or promote terrorism. Companies that don't leave a particular movie title up on their Blu-ray upgrade program page, not so much.

In any event, if you were going to get the coupons, you should not have waited. First of all, you took a hell of a gamble that you could submit your request and have it processed in time for a particular sale. More importantly, the coupons expire 30 days after they're printed. There's no reason to wait to submit your request, and every reason to get them in as quickly as possible--as this experience makes clear.
Your comments are true. Perhaps some people think scumbag has a stronger meaning than I do. It just made me mad that they yanked the ones I wanted right before I got to dealing with this, and I thought the word fit. Yes, I should've dealt with this weeks ago, but I didn't think they'd start pulling titles. The main reason is I didn't have time until today. Lack of time is my #1 excuse for everything, and only on my rare vacation days off from work (like today) do I have time to look at DVD Talk in any detail or to try to deal with stuff like promotions or rebates. Except on days off, I always work in "firefighting" mode which is dealing with stuff in the order of the soonest deadlines.

Yes, it would be a gamble that I would've gotten the coupons in time, but even if I didn't my understanding is the coupons remain in limbo until printed, so I would've waited for the next PotC or NT BD deals and printed them then.

So of course I should deal with everything right away, but much like my taxes which I'm lucky to get in just before April 15th, I don't have time until near the end. That saying that if you don't work, you have time but no money to buy things. If you work, you have money to buy things but no time to enjoy them is so true.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-15-10 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
It's too coincidental these titles are the ones Target is selling for $12.99. Since it should be "no skin off Disney's nose" how much Target choses to sell them for (Disney will provide them with $8 regardless), if the Pirates and National Treasure titles reappear in April, it will show that Disney took them away because they didn't want people getting "too good of a deal".
Nah, probably not, 'cuz the three Pirates titles were on sale for $13 at Target several weeks ago when I got them and the coupons were still available. Just an unhappy coincidence that the coupons went down when they did. Maybe it's just a temporary thing and they'll end up going back up on the site.
Old 03-16-10, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by kk725
Nah, probably not, 'cuz the three Pirates titles were on sale for $13 at Target several weeks ago when I got them and the coupons were still available. Just an unhappy coincidence that the coupons went down when they did. Maybe it's just a temporary thing and they'll end up going back up on the site.
If you're talking about the timing, it often takes a couple weeks for a company (such as Disney) to find out about a store (such as Target) selling something cheaper than the company would like. I just think about the various price mistakes that have occurred in the past at various stores and how it usually took days (and sometimes 1-2 weeks at bigger stores) before they shut them down.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.