Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

I have 3 questions I couldn't find in the Disney upgrade FAQ:

#1. If you submit several titles at once, can you print them individually so as not to trigger the 30 day expiration on the others, or if you print 1 it prints them all? The FAQ says one email per submitted title so I'm hoping each can be printed individually without starting the 30 day clock on the others.

#2. Once you receive your email, how long can you wait before printing them out? Surely it can't be forever though no time limit is mentioned.

#3. When does this promotion end? (I didn't see that anywhere.)
Old 03-04-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure that it says on the form you print out that you will receive 1 email for each DVD pop you submitted - in other words individual links to each coupon. I believe the form also mentions in the small print when the promotion ends (don't have it in front of me, but IIRC either end of 2010 or sometime next year).
Nobody knows for sure how long you can wait to print, but I would assume at least until the end of the promo period or until a little while after for those that submit at the end of the promo. Maybe someone can at least confirm that the coupon prints more than 30 days after you received the link?
Old 03-04-10, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I have 3 questions I couldn't find in the Disney upgrade FAQ:

#1. If you submit several titles at once, can you print them individually so as not to trigger the 30 day expiration on the others, or if you print 1 it prints them all? The FAQ says one email per submitted title so I'm hoping each can be printed individually without starting the 30 day clock on the others.
You can print them out individually.

#2. Once you receive your email, how long can you wait before printing them out? Surely it can't be forever though no time limit is mentioned.
Until the offer runs out, which is 12/31/10.

#3. When does this promotion end? (I didn't see that anywhere.)
See date above, or read more about it below:

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/termsofuse.html

TLK
Old 03-04-10, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by sotra
I'm pretty sure that it says on the form you print out that you will receive 1 email for each DVD pop you submitted - in other words individual links to each coupon. I believe the form also mentions in the small print when the promotion ends (don't have it in front of me, but IIRC either end of 2010 or sometime next year).
Nobody knows for sure how long you can wait to print, but I would assume at least until the end of the promo period or until a little while after for those that submit at the end of the promo. Maybe someone can at least confirm that the coupon prints more than 30 days after you received the link?
Yes, I can confirm this.

TLK
Old 03-05-10, 06:06 PM

I sent in my upgrade form on March 1st, and I just got my coupons via e-mail. I was expecting to wait 2 months for these, not 4 days!

Nice.
Old 03-05-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrfunk
I sent in my upgrade form on March 1st, and I just got my coupons via e-mail. I was expecting to wait 2 months for these, not 4 days!

Nice.
I have a feeling in regards to this they put the 8-10 weeks as more an initial time frame. Because some of the people that had sent there forms in when this program had just started got there coupons about 2-3 weeks ago when I am guessing they finally began issuing coupons. Because since then everyone else seems to be ggeting them right away. I know my turnaround time from mailing to receiving was about 10 days.
Old 03-05-10, 09:41 PM

Nice.
Same here, checked my email, called target, printed POC coupons, an hour later I've got all 3 of blu for $5 each, now on the look out for the rest of my the blurays I have coupons for to hit the $10-$15 mark.

Last edited by acdcrocks1980; 03-05-10 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-05-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice.
I also mailed mine on the 1st, and also received my emails today. I am shocked! Way to go, Disney!!!
Old 03-05-10, 10:17 PM

Also, the Toy Story movies are up on the site
Old 03-05-10, 10:22 PM

All 8 of my coupons came in today as well, though they were mailed in on 02/21. Less than two weeks turnaround, though, is way faster than I was expecting. I did all three PotC films, so will likely be making a trip to Target tomorrow.
Old 03-05-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980
Also, the Toy Story movies are up on the site
I'm not sure what to do about that one. I have the Toy Story 1 & 2 2-disc set. I wonder if I can submit one PoP tab for TS1 and another tab for TS2...
Old 03-05-10, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm not sure what to do about that one. I have the Toy Story 1 & 2 2-disc set. I wonder if I can submit one PoP tab for TS1 and another tab for TS2...
its worth a try, worse case scenario they only send you 1 coupon.
Old 03-05-10, 11:54 PM

has anyone successfully traded coupons after they were printed? I just printed my 3 pirates coupons, and it seems like I can still print them, I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade? I'll take basically anything I don't have, but I'd prefer that you already printed, incase this doesn't work.

Have:
All three pirates movies, but already printed
Ratatouille (Unused)

Want: Anything but these

National Treasure
National Treasure 2
Cars
Wall-e
Narnia 1
Narnia 2
Monster's Inc
Bugs Life
Miracle
Haunted Mansion

PM me with offers
Old 03-06-10, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
See my post on the previous page. At the moment and getting confirmation from them is a pain, but they are trying to give me crap and say that the PoP from that set is not even VALID. My original question was the same as what you guys are wondering about whether I should just need 1 PoP or had to use both PoP's from that set, and they come back and stste to me that they are not even a PoP/UPC to use for this offer. So if both of you can contact them as well hopefully we can get to the bottom of it, but at the moment according to them at least you would not even be given coupons for it which to me is aload of crap.
Old 03-06-10, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
See my post on the previous page. At the moment and getting confirmation from them is a pain, but they are trying to give me crap and say that the PoP from that set is not even VALID. My original question was the same as what you guys are wondering about whether I should just need 1 PoP or had to use both PoP's from that set, and they come back and stste to me that they are not even a PoP/UPC to use for this offer. So if both of you can contact them as well hopefully we can get to the bottom of it, but at the moment according to them at least you would not even be given coupons for it which to me is aload of crap.
Don't forget, if you're in this situation, to quote to Disney their own FAQ. You can read an excerpt of the pertinent sections, along with a link to their FAQ in my earlier post in this thread.
Old 03-06-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Don't forget, if you're in this situation, to quote to Disney their own FAQ. You can read an excerpt of the pertinent sections, along with a link to their FAQ in my earlier post in this thread.
I did and have not heard back from that yet, that was in my 3rd e-mail to them. The 1st of course as I mentioned was simply to ask would I need to put 2 PoP from that set or would the 1 suffice. That's when I was like huh?, and had asked them why not and thy stated that the stock#/upc did not qualify for the offer. So on my 3rd e-mail sent Thursday I qouted there own FAQ's with the specific info you highlighted and did not hear back. Not to mention I have had 2 calls to them go unanswered so pretty upset to say the least. According to them in the 2nd response they stated "when a title comes up to begin this promotion they have a list of approved stock #'s/UPC's that are "valid" for coupons and they stated that the ones from Toy Story 2 Pack were not valid. You and me both know that is absurd, but as of right now I have not received confirmation otherwise to say it is valid afterall. Thankfully it looks like I might be able to get my hands on PoP's from the single movie releases and will be sending those in by Monday to ensure I get coupons in time for the release and will end up selling my 2 Pack for sure.
Old 03-06-10, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry I missed your initial post. That is indeed bullshit. Could you please post that 888#? They need to have someone look into this further, since the 2-pack and toy box should both be valid purchases... I only have one PoP left from my 2-pack, so I really hoped I could send it in for 2 coupons. I doubt that's gonna happen now...
Old 03-06-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The 888# is on the very 1st post of this thread, along with the FAQ from the site that pretty much states at least in our opinion that they should accept the 2 Pack and the Toy Box. Now as far the Toy Box set is concerned I am not aware if it works or not. The members that have that set I am not aware if they contacted Disney as well or not. If they have I do not believe they have posted if it is accepted.

As far as them not accepting it, we should not give up. Personally I am just hoping it is an oversight, but unfortunately as I stated I have not been able to actually "talk" with a real person on the phone to get to the bottom of this issue. So hopefully a few more people bothering them as well can help get a resolution to this matter.

1-888-278-6011
Old 03-11-10, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

Did anyone have trouble viewing the page? I can scroll down, but I can't scroll across to hit next or submit or whatever else is on the right side of the page.
Old 03-12-10, 08:53 PM
Cool New Member

Does anybody know a retail store that has a decent price on:

Miracle
Ratatouille
Wall-E
Nightmare Before Christmas

Target is a no-brainer for the POTC movies, but I am hoping to find someplace that has Wall-E, Ratatouille and Nightmare before Christmas for around $20 and Miracle for around $15-$17.

Also, did anybody else not receive their Toy Store 1 & 2 Coupons who mailed them right after they went up on the site? I received 7 coupons within a minute of each other earlier today, but my Toy Story ones weren't sent. I'm assuming that they aren't going to send them immediately so parents don't pester retailers about finding the titles prior to release date, but I'm not sure.
Old 03-12-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichBecker

Miracle
Ratatouille
Wall-E

Target is a no-brainer for the POTC movies, but I am hoping to find someplace that has Wall-E, Ratatouille and Nightmare before Christmas for around $20 and Miracle for around $15-$17.

Also, did anybody else not receive their Toy Store 1 & 2 Coupons who mailed them right after they went up on the site? I received 7 coupons within a minute of each other earlier today, but my Toy Story ones weren't sent. I'm assuming that they aren't going to send them immediately so parents don't pester retailers about finding the titles prior to release date, but I'm not sure.
I'm in the same boat as you. I got coupons for A Bug's Life, Bridge to Teribithia, Cars, Miracle and The Rookie, but no coupon for Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I'm betting we get them just before the 23rd.
Old 03-12-10, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by RichBecker

Miracle
Ratatouille
Wall-E

Hmmm..... Interesting. I'm going to send in for my Toy Stories either tomorrow or Monday. I hope I have them by release day...
Old 03-12-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What editions did you use your proof of purchases from for your Toy Story movie(s)? I never actually got resolution from them on the Toy Story 2 Pack just so you know. According to them despite what their own FAQ says on their website the proof of purchase for the 2 Pack ws not a valid one. I am assuming for sure the ones pictured on the website are valid but not sure of othe editions. I do have a feeling though that hopefully they are just not sending those particular coupons out yet. Who knows?
Old 03-13-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What editions did you use your proof of purchases from for your Toy Story movie(s)? I never actually got resolution from them on the Toy Story 2 Pack just so you know. According to them despite what their own FAQ says on their website the proof of purchase for the 2 Pack ws not a valid one. I am assuming for sure the ones pictured on the website are valid but not sure of othe editions. I do have a feeling though that hopefully they are just not sending those particular coupons out yet. Who knows?
I sent in proofs of purchases from the 2-disc editions of the Toy Story movies.
Old 03-13-10, 12:28 AM
Cool New Member

I sent in the UPCs from the 10th Anniversary edition for the first one and the 2-disc special edition for the second. I bought them separately when they were rereleased 4-5 years ago.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.