DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566025-upgrade-disney-blu-ray-get-%248-coupon.html)

jwb0323 03-02-10 10:18 AM

Re: Upgrade Disney Blu-ray and get $8 coupon

Wait, so assuming I get the $8 toy story coupons by the first week of release, I can use this and the $10 off coupons in the other thread? How can I possible pass this deal up?

Sweet Baby James 03-02-10 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by jwb0323 (Post 10026435)
Wait, so assuming I get the $8 toy story coupons by the first week of release, I can use this and the $10 off coupons in the other thread? How can I possible pass this deal up?

Target will allow you to use 2 coupons per title. And no, you cannot pass this up!

zombeaner 03-02-10 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 10026438)
Target will allow you to use 2 coupons per title. And no, you cannot pass this up!

Yeah, but I thought that meant one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item.

sotra 03-02-10 11:54 AM

Hmmm....having problems printing out this freaking form. It comes out way too big (even when I set it to fit letter size) and it won't show up on my print preview. Is it supposed to open up a pdf file? I am trying to just print out the form I filled in my details on. Also, where/what is the address to mail in this form? I don't see it anywhere.

sotra 03-02-10 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner (Post 10026533)
Yeah, but I thought that meant one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item.

That is correct.

Travis McClain 03-02-10 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10026669)
Hmmm....having problems printing out this freaking form. It comes out way too big (even when I set it to fit letter size) and it won't show up on my print preview. Is it supposed to open up a pdf file? I am trying to just print out the form I filled in my details on. Also, where/what is the address to mail in this form? I don't see it anywhere.

When you say it prints "way too big," do you mean that the text is ridiculously large and there's plenty of open space between lines? If so, that's how it prints. My form was for just two movies, and it covered a page and a half. The address appears after the introductory paragraph, as I recall. I deleted the file once I received the coupon e-mails, so I'm afraid I won't be of much more help.

sotra 03-02-10 12:40 PM

Had another question - if you request more than one coupon do you get an email link for each separately or all in one link? Also, is the 30 days expiration from when you print it or from when you receive the email?

Travis McClain 03-02-10 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10026812)
Had another question - if you request more than one coupon do you get an email link for each separately or all in one link? Also, is the 30 days expiration from when you print it or from when you receive the email?

I sent in one request form, for The Nightmare Before Christmas and Wall-E. I received one e-mail each. As for the expiration, I believe that has already been addressed in this thread, and in the FAQ section on the Disney site. To spare you, though, I'll go ahead and tell you it expires 30 days from when you print.

sotra 03-02-10 12:52 PM

Thanks for your help MinLShaw. Now if someone could get me the mailing adress i'd be all set.

zekeburger1979 03-02-10 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10026852)
Thanks for your help MinLShaw. Now if someone could get me the mailing adress i'd be all set.

The mailing address that I have on my form is:

WDSHE Blu-ray Upgrade Program
P.O. Box 8156
Royal Oak, MI
48068-8156

sotra 03-02-10 04:27 PM

So your forms show which movies you requested?

zekeburger1979 03-02-10 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10027295)
So your forms show which movies you requested?

Yep.

For me it was:

Bridge to Terabithia
A Bug's Life
Cars
Miracle
The Rookie
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

sotra 03-02-10 05:41 PM

Hmmmm...doesn't do that in firefox for me, but maybe that is due to my pc being hit with the xp internet security 2010 trojan yesterday? I got rid of it, but it might've messed up something in firefox and ie won't even startup. So, I'll reinstall ie and try with that.

Manzana 03-02-10 10:39 PM

I hadn't checked this thread for a while since I was discouraged with the 30-day expiration on the coupons, but I saw it confirmed that it's 30 days from when you print. So after re-reading the FAQ and checking the Disney web page, here are my remaining questions (request for confirmations):

1. If you submit several titles at once, can you print them individually so as not to trigger the 30 day expiration on the others, or if you print 1 it prints them all? The FAQ says one email per submitted title so I'm hoping each can be printed individually without starting the 30 day clock on the others.

2. Once you receive your email, how long can you wait before printing them out? Surely it can't be forever though no time limit is mentioned.

3. When does this promotion end? (I didn't see that anywhere.)

Finally, not a question but a comment because I don't think anyone knows yet: The only UPC/POP on the Toy Story Ultimate Box is the UPC that would require destroying the bottom of the box, plus their form has a space for a POP for every title. I'm doubtful that they'll accept this or that it would be worth destroying the box. I'm probably the only fool who held onto his Ultimate Box.

Tim Travis 03-03-10 01:00 AM

I have the same problem with the toy box.

Schloob1 03-03-10 09:26 AM

I can't see how they would not except the proof of purchase from the toy box for the 2 movies. zekeburger, did you have invidual copies of Toy Story 1 & 2 or one of the collections? Personally I have the 2 movie pack that came with the 2 movies and on the PoP tab it states Toy Story 1 & 2 on it. I would be upset if they would require you to use 2 of the PoP,1 for each but I suppose I'll e-mail just to be on the safe side and for you guys worried about destroying your toy box you should probably contact them. It seems like the obvious thing to do just to make sure.

zombeaner 03-03-10 01:56 PM

Can anyone think of a way to use the $10 and both $8 coupons for Toy Story? Where would this be okay? I don't feel like pestering Amazon daily like I did with Up/Monsters, Inc.

Schloob1 03-03-10 02:47 PM

Just got an interesting reply back on my query to what I should do as far as proof of purchases for Toy Story. I gave them the stock# on the proof of purchase on my Toy Story 2 Pack that contains both movies and they stated it was not eligible for the $8 upgrade program. I'm going to call the number provided to see for sure why the heck they are saying this. My initial question was just whether I needed to use 1 proof of purchase and it would suffice for a coupon for both movies or if I had to use both that are on the back of the case. Interesting :(

darkhawk 03-03-10 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner (Post 10029158)
Can anyone think of a way to use the $10 and both $8 coupons for Toy Story? Where would this be okay? I don't feel like pestering Amazon daily like I did with Up/Monsters, Inc.

Target should accept both.

Schloob1 03-03-10 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk (Post 10029370)

No they should not, and zombeaner/Sotra mentioned the same just up the page. They are only SUPPOSED to take 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon per title. That is not to say you could somehow get lucky, but otherwise you should not be able to do this.

sotra 03-03-10 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 10021342)
Alright, can you please elaborate on your 2nd part here. If I read this right you are saying the following, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

You go into Target with the $8 coupon and say Toy Story is $20. Say no tax involved you give the cashier the coupon and they say your total then is $12. You are saying you then are able to return the movie and they give you back $20? That just does not sound right, but is this what they would do?

Originally Posted by darkhawk (Post 10029370)

Target only accepts a maximum of 1 Target coupon and 1 manufacturer's coupon per item. So you can only use the 2 $5 coupons or the 2 $8 coupons in one transaction. Not all 4. Whether they consider the $10 on pack coupon for buying both a Target or manufacturer coupon is a different matter (at my local Target they consider it their own coupon). I don't know what kind of policies BB and WM has on this, but like I've already explained there are perfectly legal ways to circumvent limitations in their coupon policy and maximize your discount (that's how I got Ponyo for $4.99 plus tax at Target yesterday).
During the release week of UP/MI several people reported having luck using all available coupons at Target by buying additional items in the same transaction.

Travis McClain 03-03-10 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 10029254)
I gave them the stock# on the proof of purchase on my Toy Story 2 Pack that contains both movies and they stated it was not eligible for the $8 upgrade program.

When you dispute this, you should refer them to their own website FAQ section. I quote:

Can I upgrade my DVD to a different movie on Blu-rayTM?
No. You may only upgrade from a DVD to the same movie on Blu-ray. However, other versions of the same film (e.g., 1-disc vs. 2-disc, Collector’s Editions, Box Sets, etc.) are acceptable.

Can I upgrade (or redeem for) a different version than the image on the website?
Yes. You can upgrade or redeem for a different version of the same movie on DVD. For example, you can upgrade the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 1-Disc DVD for the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 2-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray. The package images shown on the upgrade website refer to the movie in general rather than a specific version of the DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ available in the program. Eligible titles found at retail or in your collection may look different.

DrnknMstr2 03-03-10 08:28 PM

Yea, I have the Toy Box as well. I'm pretty bummed.
I guess I can't use the on PoP for the upgrade.

*sigh*

darkhawk 03-03-10 09:13 PM

To let you know: The $13 price at Target for Pirates of the Caribean 3 lasts until 3/31. The first 2 POTC and both National Treasures prices ends this Saturday 3/6.

Finally found all 3 Pirates.

Schloob1 03-04-10 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10029562)
When you dispute this, you should refer them to their own website FAQ section. I quote:

Can I upgrade my DVD to a different movie on Blu-rayTM?
No. You may only upgrade from a DVD to the same movie on Blu-ray. However, other versions of the same film (e.g., 1-disc vs. 2-disc, Collector’s Editions, Box Sets, etc.) are acceptable.

Can I upgrade (or redeem for) a different version than the image on the website?
Yes. You can upgrade or redeem for a different version of the same movie on DVD. For example, you can upgrade the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 1-Disc DVD for the Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest 2-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray. The package images shown on the upgrade website refer to the movie in general rather than a specific version of the DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ available in the program. Eligible titles found at retail or in your collection may look different.

Thx MinShaw for going through the faq on there site, I had went over it and missed the part about Box set and since it says etc. pretty much states what we feel. If/when they get back this time I will reference that for sure. Personally just thinking it was a misunderstanding but we shall see in the morning when I get back to work. Reason being when you call their 1-888 number you actually have to leave a message and they then call you back.