Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Ad (BD) for December 6-12, 2009 - Disney Steelbook + Lost, Potter Exclusives

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Ad (BD) for December 6-12, 2009 - Disney Steelbook + Lost, Potter Exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad (BD) for December 6-12, 2009 - Disney Steelbook + Lost, Potter Exclus

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Better yet, get a copy of Walmart's ad...it shows HP6 for only $15!
I plan to match that at Target, then use the coupon for a cool $10 final price...
Sugary sweet! Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 12-03-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Ad (BD) for December 6-12, 2009 - Disney Steelbook + Lost, Potter Exclus

How do I get Walmart ads? I rarely get them with the rest of the weekly ads. Usually its only for Black Friday and stuff like that.
Old 12-03-09, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
How do I get Walmart ads? I rarely get them with the rest of the weekly ads. Usually its only for Black Friday and stuff like that.
I don't ever get them either... I live in MI too.
Old 12-03-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
The cover art for those steelbooks is pretty weak though, compared to the cool minimalist designs for Up and Snow White. At least that's what I'll tell myself since I already own all of those movies.
I agree. Wall-E is the only one that looks decent. The others have too much on them.
Old 12-03-09, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

from the steelbook thread...

Originally Posted by howwon

Old 12-04-09, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Wal-Mart doesn't really do national sales like other places. They just undercut whatever local competition there is. So if you live somewhere with a Kroger and a Best Buy, they'll match whatever sales those two places are having, but not Target if there isn't one in the local competition.
Old 12-04-09, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do the Batman movies come in nice cases that go inside of a box, like the typical box set? Or are the discs all in one case the way they did with the Die Hard Set?

I'd like to just be able to put the first two on my shelves. There's probably no way to sell the other two, because there's no individual release. Hmmm....what to do...I really don't want the last two films because I will never watch them but the set that low is pretty much what the first two will cost me alone when/if they release Batman Returns.
Old 12-04-09, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Are the Disney steelbooks separate from the blu ray's? I'd love to get them, but I already have these movies.
They are going to have the discs in them. I don't see them selling just the SteelBook for $30.

Originally Posted by Jericho
Lools like many, if not all, the FutureShop Canadian steelbooks are making their way down south.
In all likelihood, Best Buy is going to have ALL of the Futureshop Disney SteelBooks for sale. The only ones they probably won't have for sale will be the Snow White and UP SteelBooks since they were already released as a pre-order promotion. Sucks that they are releasing them all in one day, that's for sure. I'll be double dipping on only 4 of them, so it won't be that bad for me, and the 4 I'm double dipping on I got the amaray's pretty cheap to begin with. If they offer them on-line for in store pick up, then I can get back 5% from Bing, bringing the cost of them down a bit.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
And I'll laugh when these stop and people are left with 'incomplete' sets because they chose not to make Steelbook for movie x.
Not that big of a deal. Any Disney movie not released in a SteelBook will get placed with the other Disney amaray's I have. It'll be nice if they do release all the Disney/Pixar and new Diamond Editions in a SteelBook, but I'm still good if they don't.
Old 12-04-09, 02:08 AM
Cool New Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that exclusive Lost season 5 packaging really ugly?
Old 12-04-09, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is everything that was on the original Batman Anthology DVD set on the BR set? All the commentaries and extras?

That low a price may be too good for me to pass it up this week.
Old 12-04-09, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Do the Batman movies come in nice cases that go inside of a box, like the typical box set? Or are the discs all in one case the way they did with the Die Hard Set?

I'd like to just be able to put the first two on my shelves. There's probably no way to sell the other two, because there's no individual release. Hmmm....what to do...I really don't want the last two films because I will never watch them but the set that low is pretty much what the first two will cost me alone when/if they release Batman Returns.
They come in four individual "slim" cases, like the Blu-ray Matrix Box Set did. But the box design is pretty cool, with the top popping off around the Bat Logo.
Old 12-04-09, 08:25 AM

Finally! Blu Ray prices a getting lower then some 2 Disc DVD releases. That's the way to "kill" dvd market. I hope many people will turn heads towards BLU ray. $ 18 for new releases are VERY reasonable too.

Anyway, I'm in for LOST S5.

Thanks for the prices.

Last edited by Gutz; 12-04-09 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, none of those steelbooks look good (to me).

I gotta agree with the above comment, minimalist design is what works on these cases.
Old 12-04-09, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They usually have copies of their ad at the front of their stores where you walk in (near the old people greeters)....I'd grab one from there if you don't get them in the mail...
Old 12-04-09, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Is everything that was on the original Batman Anthology DVD set on the BR set? All the commentaries and extras?
Yep, all the stuff was carried over....only differences between the two sets (besides the obvious upgrades to 1080p high definition visuals and TrueHD lossless audio) is that each title is only one BD instead of two DVDs, and it uses slim cases instead of standard size ones....
Old 12-04-09, 08:56 AM

Anybody got the link for the whole scan and not just this one typed up? More of a visual person myself.
Old 12-04-09, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I thought the same think about the steelbooks Luckily I haven't been buying them, else i'd probably be really tempted. I really like the cover for Wall-E.
Yeah, those stupid Steelbook collecto...ooh, those are nice.
Old 12-04-09, 10:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Is anyone having Best Buy accept those $5 blu-ray coupons from Target? I generally avoid BB like the plague, but if they're accepting the Target coupon I'll swallow my pride and check out their selection. --Peter
Old 12-04-09, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Is anyone having Best Buy accept those $5 blu-ray coupons from Target? I generally avoid BB like the plague, but if they're accepting the Target coupon I'll swallow my pride and check out their selection. --Peter
BB told me that they would NOT accept the Target coupon. Seems it's YMMV though....
Old 12-04-09, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Better yet, get a copy of Walmart's ad...it shows HP6 for only $15!
I plan to match that at Target, then use the coupon for a cool $10 final price...
sorry if I'm outta the loop, but since when does Target price match anything?? My target's have never pricematched a thing.. Did they change their policy or is this YMMV?

ugh... Lost has sooo many different releases now I don't know what to get..
Old 12-04-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

They changed their policy.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/comp...=WCMP04-040400
Old 12-04-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Better get some clueless cashier to PM and then take the Target coupon then since it is against their policy.
Old 12-04-09, 06:10 PM

oh wow i had no idea! thanks for letting me know. awesome
Old 12-04-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cancelled my Amazon order and I'll be picking up Best Buy's LOST exclusive. I can't say no to a bonus disc for my favorite series and something tells me their packaging is going to look more awesome in person than it does in a tiny jpg.

They're also going to have the Blu-ray Dharma Initiative set for $84.99 which I may consider if it comes with the bonus disc. If not, I'll skip it.

I also think it's really funny that people are still complaining about not getting the slipcover with Lost S3. Seriously, if you were real fans you would have picked it up week 1 (for the inflated MSRP at the time) and got the cover As a consolation, it doesn't match the other sets anyways!
Old 12-04-09, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

A few of those Steelbooks look really sweet: Wall-E, Ratat, COBP.....

Don't really want to double dip at $30 per.....but maybe it's time to sell off my DVD Steelbooks.....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.