Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target $5 off BD printable coupon

might use this one last time on Something Something Something Darkside.
Old 12-20-09, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The Target ad is now up at Target.com and thus we have the final week of new releases for the coupon:

Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Dark Side: $19.99 (or $11.99 after $5 and $3 coupons)
District 9: $19.99
American Pie Presents: The Book Of Love: $22.99
(500) Days Of Summer: $24.99
All About Steve: $24.99

They also have Up, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Santa Buddies, Night At The Museum 2, Year One, Pelham 123 & The Ugly Truth for $19.99 each.
Old 12-20-09, 07:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Theres a $3 coupon for Family Guy? Its hard to keep up with all these deals now.
Old 12-20-09, 08:39 AM

Where is there a $3 coupon for family guy?
Old 12-20-09, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by indiansbsa
New Finds With The Coupon of The Year:

Chicago $6.99 (includes cust service coupon too)
Basic Instinct $4.99
Field of Dreams $9.99
Are these before or after coupon?
Old 12-20-09, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
Are these before or after coupon?
ich think since basic instinct would have been free with the coupon, you
just answered your question yourself
Old 12-20-09, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

whoops... I realized that after I posted and logged off...
Old 12-20-09, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Springfield, IL is now YMMV with price matching ... denied twice in two days (sort of). They also wouldn't price match on a couple of board games because Target was offering a "free" card game with the purchase ... I tried to point out that the card game was not really "free" if they were charging me more for the game in the first place.
This has almost always been the case in regards to pricematching. This also happened with Up where people may or may not have been lucky because at Target it came with and exclusive journal where other stores did not. The simple fact here is that it is a "different" purchase from what you are trying to compare to in the competitor's ad.
Old 12-20-09, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
$6.99 for Basterds, please tell how you got it for that price. They applied a $5coupon twice apparently even though they should not have?
Like some others have mentioned there is a $5 coupon on the Inglorious Basterds BD that applies if you buy some other BD. They took it off for me, scanned it and it worked
I also got Terminator Salvation for $11.99 btw. Had ID4, Patton and Cutthroat Island in my cart, but put them back eventually. Didn't seem worth it to me...
Old 12-20-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
Like some others have mentioned there is a $5 coupon on the Inglorious Basterds BD that applies if you buy some other BD. They took it off for me, scanned it and it worked
I also got Terminator Salvation for $11.99 btw. Had ID4, Patton and Cutthroat Island in my cart, but put them back eventually. Didn't seem worth it to me...
And mind you, at least according to your post you did not have one of the Blu-Ryas mentioned on the coupon you are referring to. Great job on getting lucky with that one since they are technically only supposed to allow 1 manufacturer and 1 store coupon per item and you got to use 2 manufacturer coupons on Basterds. Nice
Old 12-20-09, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up The Ugly Truth today for $14.99 + tax -- a nice surprise since I didn't know it was on sale this week.
Old 12-20-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

This has almost always been the case in regards to pricematching. This also happened with Up where people may or may not have been lucky because at Target it came with and exclusive journal where other stores did not. The simple fact here is that it is a "different" purchase from what you are trying to compare to in the competitor's ad.
I don't agree -- I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree. If you are offering an item for free with purchase, then the item should be free with purchase, regardless of the price. If they are offering a "package deal" then it should state "Buy item X and item Y for $z.ab" (as it shows on the receipt).

My biggest issue with Target's price match policy is that it seems they are making it up as they go. If these are the terms now, that is fine ... however they need to post the terms for the public to see (there is nothing in writing other than advertisements saying they will match prices and the "magic card" that the service desk is now using).
Old 12-20-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra BR for $15 & The Gauntlet BR for $5....
Old 12-20-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terminator was still scanning for $9.99 today, even though the shelf tags last week said it ended the 19th. So I decided to just get one for $5 already.
Old 12-20-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up Up! for $15 ($16.15 after tax), has the Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital copy versions.

How does the digital copy work? Can I download it into iTunes or my iPod Touch, or what?
Old 12-20-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
To get it for $2, you have to price match it to Best Buy @ $16.99 (their 3-day sale, ending today), then apply the $10 Disney coupon and then use the $5 Target coupon. $16.99 - $10 - $5 = $1.99.

Of course, it all depends on who does the price match - if someone is following Target's price match policy to the letter, they may not allow it. However, in all the instances I have price-matched to Wal-Mart or Best Buy so far and used the Target coupon, I have yet to have a problem. A simple rule of thumb when price-matching: do NOT have your coupons visible. Let them match the price first, then drop the coupons down when you are paying.
I did the same thing. But I made sure that our two carts full of groceries and Christmas presents were visible when I went up to do the price match/double coupon purchase. I don't know if that had any influence or not, but the transaction went off without a hitch.
Old 12-20-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I don't agree -- I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree. If you are offering an item for free with purchase, then the item should be free with purchase, regardless of the price. If they are offering a "package deal" then it should state "Buy item X and item Y for $z.ab" (as it shows on the receipt).

My biggest issue with Target's price match policy is that it seems they are making it up as they go. If these are the terms now, that is fine ... however they need to post the terms for the public to see (there is nothing in writing other than advertisements saying they will match prices and the "magic card" that the service desk is now using).
Here is the main thing I will only comment to you on is that it is NOT that they are making it up as they go along as you state. It is just that Target is not following to a "T" their own policies and just being lazy about it in most cases. Based on some of postings on what their policies are the following we should NEVER have even been able to do BUT have been. And when someone is not able to do it on here, they complain even though we have basically been lucky/fortunate.

*Being able to pricematch and then ALSO use our coupons as well afterwards, where it is supposed to be if the coupons are applied and then the price is than lower then the competitor then of course nothing needs to be done then. Thankfully this has not been the case.

*Apparently they are supposed to only allow 1 of the $5 coupons per entire transaction, thus you are supposed to have an entirely seperate purchase using the next coupon. and so forth. Once I was bale to purchase 4 on 1 transaction(4 coupons used) and then the next day I come in to purchase just 2 and this person NO they should not have done that and I needed to do 2 transactions. I still got the deals I wanted, just that this person followed the rules.

*We are only supposed to be able to use 1 manufacture and 1 store coupon per item but obviously people on here have been able to do more.

The simple fact is THANK GOODNESS for what customer service people we have found that presumably are either not educated properly of what the rules, faulty computer systems allowing transactions it should not for example, and perhaps those that know the policy but simply could care less.

The key to it all though is IF you are the person that is unfortunately unlucky to not have something "WORK" in your favor like others have then please don't ruin it for the rest of us(this part is not too you personally Abob Teff, just everyone in general).

I know personally I was shut down for the 1 day sale that was at TRU last week for the Pixar films, and I am pretty sure that their policy states they are only supposed to accept weekly ads, but others on here found stores that accepted them anyways. You better believe I was ticked, but so be it I was not "lucky". I don't think this is them making it up as they go along, but that they are a store that "gets it" and knows that if they do an exception to the rule that they will have a customer in us going forward.
Old 12-20-09, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
Theres a $3 coupon for Family Guy? Its hard to keep up with all these deals now.
It's in the Smart Source coupon thread. But I think it was also talked about earlier in this thread.

Anyway, here's the link to the page with Family Guy:

http://i45.tinypic.com/1h32no.jpg

And here's one to the other Fox coupons:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34o4hhh.jpg
Old 12-20-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
It's in the Smart Source coupon thread. But I think it was also talked about earlier in this thread.

Has this coupon worked? It's not a web coupon and they might reject it.
Old 12-20-09, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My main "beef" with Targets' coupon policy is this - they should either offer PMs or not - don't make allowing a PM contigent on a coupon being used. After all, they have all of those placards at the registers boasting of their allowing PMs - not at the registers apparently (at least @ my Targets - not like WM & BB do)

Yes, I know the only coupon Target doesn't want used with a PM is their own. Then, why did Target even offer it? They're not going out of their way for the non-techie who hasn't a clue about the $5 coupon and automatically giving it to them - it isn't being auto-applied on the purchase of a Blu-Ray - you have to manually print the coupon out and hand it to a cashier. Wonder how many purchases of BRs have gone through w/out the customer handing over a coupon - probably quite a few.

So basically, Targets' coupon "policy" is to use the coupon as a "nullifier" of their PM policy - can't have the customer getting too good of a deal.

Last edited by thejester; 12-20-09 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-20-09, 05:40 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Anyone see any new $14.99 or $9.99 titles today?

(I haven't see ID4 for $10 other than Walmart...)
Old 12-20-09, 05:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing

Thanks, might have to pick it up now, as well as Home Alone on Blu
Old 12-20-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Here is the main thing I will only comment to you on is that it is NOT that they are making it up as they go along as you state. It is just that Target is not following to a "T" their own policies and just being lazy about it in most cases.
Edited above for brevity ... (and don't worry, I never take anything personally ... except for that one comment in the Otter Forum ... but he'll be walking again in no time).

I didn't say that they were making it up as they go ... I said it seems like they are making it up as they go. In other words, they never posted the policy or made the terms clear (of course, that hasn't stopped Best Buy from slaughtering their policy). I'm not going to cry or bitch that I got shut down ... but I will question it and make sure that I point out the inconsistencies. My background is in retail management (got out a few years ago, remaining in customer service though).

Yes, it is a hellacious deal to get the PM, apply a store coupon, and apply a manufacturer coupon. I understand if Target doesn't want to accept their store coupon on top of the PM since they do not get reimbursed for that one. To be fair, I should acknowledge that they did tell me I could use a manufacturer coupon with PM (which they do get their money back on). But then they need to make that clear up front to both their employees and their customers.

As for the people who have gotten the "stick-on" coupons applied from the front or gotten multiple scans of the coupons applied ... Target needs to train their cashiers better. I look at every poor customer service experience as being the fault of management, not necessarily the peon that peed on me.
Old 12-20-09, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question-
I'm looking to pickup A Charlie Brown Christmas(Bluray/Dvd/Digital Copy).
They've got it for $24.99 (I have the $5 coupon, so it'd be $19.99).
I see it's on amazon for $18.99 (I'm still in my free Prime trial, so no shipping).

Do Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Kmart usually return holiday Blurays/Dvds to the vendors, or do they get clearaced after the holidays?

(I know that KB Toys used to mark some down and return some).

Anyone know of a better deal on it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Got G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra BR for $15 & The Gauntlet BR for $5....
Where is GI Goe $20? (I assume you price matched)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.