Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Originally Posted by blueseraphtears
^Worked for me too! In fact, the cashier was really excited for me getting the deal. She said she loved it when customers shop smart.

"It's a bargain!!!"

Did she disappear for a minute while ringing you up to get her own?
Old 12-09-09, 09:18 AM

I had great success last night at Target. I bought:

iRobot = $6.99
Office Space = $6.99
Fight Club - $11.99

I was able to use a printout of the scanned SmartSource coupons someone had posted. I also combined them with the $5-off Target coupons. The $3-off coupons scanned perfectly. I was holding my breath hoping they would scan. The cashier never even questioned that they were printouts.

The funny part was that the cashier gave me a hard time about the Target $5 off coupons because of the Transformers picture on it. She said it was only for the Transformers blu-ray. I told her to TRUST me that it's for any movie and to just scan it. She gave in and it worked. I was able to use 3 Target coupons and 3 SmartSource coupons on the 3 blu-rays in ONE transaction plus. The guy behind me in line said, "WOW! You showed her!"

I just wished my Target had Snatch so I could use the $5-off Snatch coupon and the Target coupon and get it for $9.99. I'll go back in a few days... I'm very happy for now!!!

Thanks OP and everyone else in this thread!!
Old 12-09-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I find myself buying movies just because they're $5! Recently picked up Bullitt, Point of No Return, and Transporter 2, none of which I would buy at normal price. I need professional help... 8^)
Old 12-09-09, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the coupons. I recently picked up the following BDs for less than $30 including tax:

Kill Bill: Volume 1
Kill Bill: Volume 2
Office Space
Old 12-09-09, 11:01 AM

I was refused again with my second, and now last, attempt to use one of these coupons. Target will not get any of my money again any time soon.

I went to 2 different cashiers and finally to customer service. Not only was I denied the coupon by the manager but she also would not price match Toys-R-Us printed ad for A Bug's Life at 14.99. She said it was "a percent off sale" and they do not match those despite the ad clearly stating the price was 14.99.

So, while still standing in line at CS I call Target's 800 number, speak to a self-professed supervisor, and he backs the store manager on both counts! Says it's ultimately up to each store manager to honor price matches and coupons!! Bullsh!t

I go over to TRU and get the disk for the 14.99 and the cashiers says it comes with a 5.00 gift card so I'm happy in the end but seriously, Target has just made it too difficult for me to spend my money with them.
Old 12-09-09, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
I go over to TRU and get the disk for the 14.99 and the cashiers says it comes with a 5.00 gift card so I'm happy in the end but seriously, Target has just made it too difficult for me to spend my money with them.
First I've heard of that. Anyone else get a $5 gift card with A Bug's Life? That would be a very sweet deal.
Old 12-09-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry to hear, bro. you have some really stingy management over at your Target. they shouldn't deny you what is essentially their own corporate coupons which are recognized by their systems. and they should've given you the price match on the TRU, i've never even heard of or can't understand the excuse they gave on that one!

I was refused again with my second, and now last, attempt to use one of these coupons. Target will not get any of my money again any time soon.

I went to 2 different cashiers and finally to customer service. Not only was I denied the coupon by the manager but she also would not price match Toys-R-Us printed ad for A Bug's Life at 14.99. She said it was "a percent off sale" and they do not match those despite the ad clearly stating the price was 14.99.

So, while still standing in line at CS I call Target's 800 number, speak to a self-professed supervisor, and he backs the store manager on both counts! Says it's ultimately up to each store manager to honor price matches and coupons!! Bullsh!t

Old 12-09-09, 02:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

That really is ridiculous. It is a TARGET coupon. It is recognized in their register when you scan it. How can they deny you using it??
Old 12-09-09, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haven't price matched anything at Target yet but I used the coupon for Speed. What I usually do when I use coupons they might reject is make small talk with the cashier. This accomplishes two things: that you have nothing to hide and they'll be on your good side.
Old 12-09-09, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
First I've heard of that. Anyone else get a $5 gift card with A Bug's Life? That would be a very sweet deal.
They're giving a $5 gift card for any purchase over $25/

You should get a $5 gift card with each of the advertised Blurays you purchase.

Their system has a glitch for some reason that prompts them to issue the gift card based on the regular price instead of the sale price.

If you need/want all 3, buy 1, get a gift card, buy the 2nd, get a gift card, and then use those 2 gift cards to get the 3rd plus a $5 gift card for $5.

Works out to $10 each, plus $5 for the gift card, and you don't have to worry about Target pricematching or not.
Old 12-09-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think that's worth a letter to corporate. Target makes a big deal out of matching competitor's stuff. PMing and using the coupon might be pushing it, but the PM is definately somthing to write corporate about.
Old 12-09-09, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
That really is ridiculous. It is a TARGET coupon. It is recognized in their register when you scan it. How can they deny you using it??
They refused to even scan it since it wasn't "for the Blu-Ray pictured on the coupon".

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Haven't price matched anything at Target yet but I used the coupon for Speed. What I usually do when I use coupons they might reject is make small talk with the cashier. This accomplishes two things: that you have nothing to hide and they'll be on your good side.
Both cashiers said to go straight to the CS desk.

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I think that's worth a letter to corporate. Target makes a big deal out of matching competitor's stuff. PMing and using the coupon might be pushing it, but the PM is definately somthing to write corporate about.
I already called the coporate(?) 800 number and they fully supported the store manager.
Old 12-09-09, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
I had great success last night at Target. I bought:

iRobot = $6.99
Office Space = $6.99
Fight Club - $11.99

I was able to use a printout of the scanned SmartSource coupons someone had posted. I also combined them with the $5-off Target coupons. The $3-off coupons scanned perfectly. I was holding my breath hoping they would scan. The cashier never even questioned that they were printouts.

The funny part was that the cashier gave me a hard time about the Target $5 off coupons because of the Transformers picture on it. She said it was only for the Transformers blu-ray. I told her to TRUST me that it's for any movie and to just scan it. She gave in and it worked. I was able to use 3 Target coupons and 3 SmartSource coupons on the 3 blu-rays in ONE transaction plus. The guy behind me in line said, "WOW! You showed her!"

I just wished my Target had Snatch so I could use the $5-off Snatch coupon and the Target coupon and get it for $9.99. I'll go back in a few days... I'm very happy for now!!!

Thanks OP and everyone else in this thread!!
Wait, how did you get Office Space for $7? Is it reg priced at $12 right now? I feel like I'm missing something.
Old 12-09-09, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jmu878
Wait, how did you get Office Space for $7? Is it reg priced at $12 right now? I feel like I'm missing something.
I think he used a $3 manufacturer coupon and a $5 Target coupon on OS.
Old 12-09-09, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jmu878
It was priced at $14.99. I then stacked the $3 and $5 coupons. I wish it was $12.99. That would have been an even better deal.

I just checked the Target.com website. Why is Target.com selling it for $24.99?? So inconsistent!!!
Old 12-09-09, 03:47 PM

It's sad that some Targets give trouble PMing or using the $5 off coupon. I've used the coupon several times lately and only once was there a slight hesitation. I just said it shows Transformers 2 but it works on anything and she said OK. I got HP6 and some Disney BRs for $10 with PM + coupon.

My experiences with TRU have been mostly negative in that they are usually out of stock of what I want and have given me misinformation wasting my time and gas. I suppose things could change at Target, but if I get denied at 1 Target there is another every few miles, but TRU stores are about 20 miles apart where I live.
Old 12-09-09, 04:10 PM

So, while still standing in line at CS I call Target's 800 number, speak to a self-professed supervisor, and he backs the store manager on both counts! Says it's ultimately up to each store manager to honor price matches and coupons!!
If this is true why in the Hell do they even have a corporate policy to begin with??

I must admit I am very lucky, I frequent 2 targets and never had a coupon or price match problem. I have an excellent track record with Target.
Old 12-09-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

To make sure I wasn't dreaming I tried it again this afternoon and it worked without a hitch. Picked up Children of Men and Shaun of the Dead for 9.99 each after coupons
Old 12-09-09, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

do these have expiration dates? more importantly will they still be active this coming tuesday? trying to use it for Inglourious Basterds
Old 12-09-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I finally got around to Target with my receipt for 2 Oz Blu-rays I picked up on Black Friday and walked out with a $10 bill in hand. Since I sold one on Ebay for good money it worked out that I actually got $5 and a copy of Oz blu-ray for myself.

Now hopefully tonight I will try and price match Wall-E and Ratatouille and use the $5 coupons as well.
Old 12-09-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
do these have expiration dates? more importantly will they still be active this coming tuesday? trying to use it for Inglourious Basterds
Good through Christmas Eve.
Old 12-09-09, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Good through Christmas Eve.
Thanks!
Old 12-09-09, 06:32 PM

I snagged up Apocalypto for 9.99 plus tax on Tuesday. Cashier didn't even look at the coupon before scanning it. Went back today (Wednesday) to pick up the last copy of The Prestige for 9.99. Again, the cashier didn't even look at the coupon before scanning. They have been out of Body Heat for a while though I think that's the only other one that I would want.
Old 12-09-09, 07:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Is Phantom of the Opera still marked down ($8.99 or $9.99)? All my local targets were out of it last weekend. --Peter
Old 12-09-09, 09:37 PM

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Really want Snatch and Shaun Of The Dead but my Target has been out of of both.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.