Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-09, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Originally Posted by xage
I guess you dont bother to complain or persuade them. The coupon said so - It should work.
But their argument was that the computer wouldn't accept the movie. Even the manager wouldn't override it.
Old 11-28-09, 07:33 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks to OP and ...Target, too! With these coupons and 2-day sale time frame, Target basically gives us time to pick some popular titles at very good price, even after tax. Woo hoo ~! Blu under $ 5? That's what I called a Better Black Friday

Yesterday I managed to get GWTW from my Target; Wizard of Oz already OOS when I came.
Today I got Basic Instinct and 2001 both for 8.38 after tax. No problem at all with the cashiers when I gave him 2 coupons.

Last edited by beachdeer; 11-28-09 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-28-09, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by tofferman
My second trip to Target, I was able to get Talladega Nights for $7.99, Basic Instinct and Ocean's 13 for $3.99 each.

I passed on getting State of Play for $9.99 (have yet to watch it.) Would this be a good blind buy?
If you like Political Thrillers you'll enjoy it, as good as it comes in the genre
Old 11-28-09, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
But their argument was that the computer wouldn't accept the movie. Even the manager wouldn't override it.
Sounds like an idiot. I had a worse one when I tried to use the Disney Up coupon at a Wal-Mart. The lady at the register took it to a manager and said the item we were buying, the Up combo, wasn't the dvd/blu-ray combo on the coupon. They wouldn't even try ringing it up to see if it would work.

We bought a bunch from Target yesterday and after I told my wife about the coupon, she made me go back and re-buy the stuff with the coupons. She does what she always does and asks for separate purchases on coupons like this so she had no problem. One register just overrode it so he could do it all on one transaction.

Picked up(tax free):
Reservoir Dogs(Finally broke down and got this. Under $4 was the breaking point.)
Gremlins
Drag Me To Hell
Lords of War
Training Day
Gone with the Wind
Land of the Lost
Crank
Chaos
The Ninth Gate

Still refused to pick up:
V for Vendetta(Not even being under $4 is enough to make me buy it. Find me at $2 and I'll think about it for awhile. Won't promise anything.)
Old 11-28-09, 08:01 PM

I had to go to 4 Targets today to find the Wizard of Oz, but the 4th one had about 8 copies of it. Someone apparently forgot to put the sign out so it was sitting there with a price tag of 30-some dollars on it and nobody was biting. Lucky me!
Old 11-28-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

What an awesome deal.
Old 11-28-09, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Still refused to pick up:
V for Vendetta(Not even being under $4 is enough to make me buy it. Find me at $2 and I'll think about it for awhile. Won't promise anything.)
It's a brilliant movie. You think it's a sucky movie? Shame on you!
Old 11-28-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

Just got back from my local Target. Picked up..
Wizard Of Oz 7.99
Gremlins 7.99
Goodfellas 3.99
Land Of The Lost 9.99
Drag Me To Hell 9.99

I almost picked up Gone With The Wind but I've spent so much money the past few days it would have pushed me over the edge.
Old 11-28-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I got Coraline for $10 (after coupon) and The Nightmare Berfore Christmas for $10 (price-match+coupon).

And to top that I returned my receipt--(Got Matrix 10th/Pinocchio/Sleeping Beauty for about $43.00)--from the other day and got a price adjustment and $15 cash back!

Last edited by cranberries fan; 11-28-09 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-28-09, 09:25 PM

I was able to pick up

Gone with the wind
Gremlins
The Dark Knight

for $7.99 each

also picked up Transporter for $4.99

was hestintant on Drag me to Hell because when Target stuffed these case+slip cover into their plastic protective cases, they totally butchered the slip cover art. Oh well. Thanks.
Old 11-28-09, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
It's a brilliant movie. You think it's a sucky movie? Shame on you!
Thought it was long, boring, and disjointed when I watched it. Heard the comic was better.

I'm willing to watch it again at some point but it just fell flat for me the first time.
Old 11-28-09, 09:30 PM

Went back again and grabbed Gremlins and Golden Compass for $7.99 each after the coupon.

I hope all of these recent sales/deals/coupons have encouraged people still on the fence about Blu to take the leap and never look back!
Old 11-28-09, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn I wish I had some extra money after BF or I would jump on this deal too.... lol
Old 11-28-09, 09:41 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Getting coupon credit for my Black Friday purchases was incredibly easy. She scanned my receipt, scanned 4 coupons, gave me $20 cash. Took all of 5 seconds, counting the hellos and goodbyes.

Took a closer look at all their special sale BDs and saw that I needed about 20 of them. Did it in several different transactions at multiple Targets, but I got them all painlessly.

I have a strong feeling that this coupon is going to be canceled from their system, so I wouldn't wait if I wanted to use it. I give this two more days tops.
Old 11-28-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by melih69
You got no TAX in Indiana ?
Just posted the prices, not my total cost. I always figure that's more relevant to people, since taxes vary from state to state.
Old 11-28-09, 10:03 PM

Scored:

The Wizard of Oz: $7.99
Gone with the Wind: $7.99
Speed Racer: $7.99
Total Recall: $3.99
Full Metal Jacket: $3.99

Also picked up Coraline, which would have been $9.99 after the coupon, but it looks like the cashier didn't scan the coupon for that title (even though she said she did), so I'll probably return it. The cashier was cool about taking the two coupons on the two newer titles, though, (actually, she was cool about me handing her a stack of 6) so I'm not upset. But, dang... I thought their BF sales prices went all the way through the weekend. If I'd known they were ending tonight, woulda hit up another location with more coupons before they closed at 11:00. Definitely coulda picked up 4-6 more titles. Oh, well. Incredible deals on the other stuff.

Thanks again to hal9000 and junglalien for the scan and .PDF. May still go back to another location tomorrow and see if there's anything else worth getting.

Last edited by kk725; 11-28-09 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-28-09, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I got Crank for $3.99 and Pineapple Express for $8.55, so I'm pretty happy with both. I'm a little pissed that my Target had Star Trek for 29.99 (unless it was ringing up cheaper), but these coupons will keep me busy for a month.
My Target was also displaying a rack price of $29.99 for Star Trek, but I knew it was still $19.99 on their website & I had the cashier confirm that that was the correct price before ringing it up. The reasoning behind posting a higher price than you're actually charging escapes me, unless someone just forgot to change the tag.
Old 11-28-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My printer doesn't print clear enough for the barcode to scan, so cashier has to manually enter the coupon. (after my sincere apology)
Have to read reviews about audio & video to decide whether to keep, but picked up-
2001 - $3.99
Blazing Saddles - $3.99
Basic Instinct - $3.99
Rambo - $3.99
Cutthroat Island - $3.99

Thanks op!
Old 11-28-09, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein
My printer doesn't print clear enough for the barcode to scan, so cashier has to manually enter the coupon. (after my sincere apology)
LOL... my printer is temperamental, and will randomly print color stuff out in black and white. When the cashier was scanning the pile I handed her, she got to the B&W coupons and they wouldn't scan, she said, "Oh, it's probably because they're photocopies." I tried to explain that they weren't, and that my printer was just retarded, but she just nodded, smiled and said, "Mmm-hmm." She took them anyway.
Old 11-29-09, 12:12 AM

Worked for me in Chicago.

First purchase: 2001, First Blood, and Training Day - cashier rung each up as a separate transaction
Second purchase: The Aviator and Dark City - cashier rung them up together; scanned the coupon twice

Total cost after tax: $22.00
Old 11-29-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One last trip tonight. Took back my receipt for Land of the Lost (which I had already used a $5 coupon to purchase.) Picked up Drag Me to Hell, applied the $5 coupon and the $4 coupon if you buy both titles.

Drag Me to Hell came out to be $5.99! (Now I 'll take my Best Buy copy back that was $14.99...Nice!)

Also got the Punisher for $3.99
Old 11-29-09, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Easily picked up Gremlins and The Departed in one transaction. Would've picked up a few more, but ended up only printing 2 coupons thinking the $8.99/$12.99 sales lasted through Sunday.
Old 11-29-09, 01:38 AM

Between Amazon.com price matching and Target's $5.00 off Blu-ray coupon I've managed to pick-up 14 new Blu's in two days. Hit three Targets in the Highland-San Bernardino, CA and scored five Blu's, with only one clerk saying the coupon was only for Tranformers, then reductantly accepting it. I got:

The Last Samurai - $4.35
Basic Instinct - $4.34
Swordfish - $5.43
Batman Begins - $8.71
The Aviator - $4.35

Need to print more coupons and try again when they restock some of the movies I missed.
Old 11-29-09, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

see here is the thing about that, if they decide to not honor these coupons through the printed experation date then that is faulse advertising, something that especially out here in califorina is greatly frowned upon by the state attorney generals office. if the experation date says december 24 then they need to honor any presented until that date otherwise they can find themselves with a big legal headache.
Originally Posted by Trevor

I have a strong feeling that this coupon is going to be canceled from their system, so I wouldn't wait if I wanted to use it. I give this two more days tops.
Old 11-29-09, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
Take in your receipt and coupon. They were happy to hand me a $5 bill for my WoO purchase on Friday.
Ditto. The Customer Service counter gave me $10 in cash for my Dark Knight and WoO purchases the day before.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.