DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   GoHastings.com 30% off Used Blu-Ray Fri/Sat only (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/564374-gohastings-com-30%25-off-used-blu-ray-fri-sat-only.html)

cinemaphile 11-06-09 02:50 AM

GoHastings.com 30% off Used Blu-Ray Fri/Sat only

Although the prices currently dont reflect that at all even if you click on the link for qualifying titles, and I dont see any code to enter. Maybe by morning the prices will be fixed.

http://www.gohastings.com/department/MOVIE.uts

PGHFlyer 11-06-09 06:40 AM

Re: GoHastings.com 30% off Used Blu-Ray Fri/Sat only

Prices for me are worse than yesterday.

jeffbase34 11-06-09 07:57 AM

Well the prices on my wish list have not changed from yesterday. If these are the discounted prices then this means yesterday's deal which was 10% was even better than the 30% off now.

What a dick move from Hastings. Pretend like it is a big sale when there is no savings. Asshole company.

movielib 11-06-09 11:09 AM

Someone at Blu-ray.com called Hastings, informing them that the 30% off wasn't showing up. It was an oversight by Hastings and now it is showing. I just bought five $35-$40 list price titles including three brand new releases for $65.18 shipped. Not stunning but pretty good.

bsmith 11-06-09 12:43 PM

Same prices I saw this morning. Is $12.50 a good price for Taken used?

What is the difference between Used and Previously Viewed?

rkndkn 11-06-09 01:00 PM

bsmith,

Taken is $8.81 with the discount. You have to put it in your cart to see the discounted price. (That's before shipping and tax, if your state gets taxed.)

And "used" is supposed to be trade-ins from customers, whereas "previously viewed" were former rentals. However, on rare occasions, I have had "used" ones come with the Hastings sticker around the center of the disc indicating it was a rental. A couple of times, the center sticker was obviously peeled off.

ksyblues 11-06-09 01:05 PM

30% off shows up in your cart.i've been hitting gohastings and amazon pretty hard.just picked up deep impact,land of the lost and bsg:the plan for $13 each shipped...woo hoo

taken is a great movie.put it in your cart to show the discount

PGHFlyer 11-06-09 01:05 PM

I hate the way these sales never include TV shows or sets even though they advertise a format wide sale........

bsmith 11-06-09 02:14 PM

What type of condition are these used and previously viewed disks usually in? I don't care about the shape of the cases so much but would like to know if they typically come with some scratches.

jeffbase34 11-06-09 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 9820800)
What type of condition are these used and previously viewed disks usually in? I don't care about the shape of the cases so much but would like to know if they typically come with some scratches.

They are usually in mint condition. Often, I even get the original slipcover like the shiny one that comes with The Mummy.

The prices are really good now! Unfortunately, almost everything on my wish list is out of stock now. Better jump on this fast, folks.

jeffrey r 11-06-09 02:32 PM

I've ordered about 10 used blu-rays from GoHastings over the past couple of months, and they have all arrived mint, like new (cases, disks, inserts--everything). The previously viewed are apparently a bit more hit and miss, as they are rentals, thus people take worse care of them.

Wish I knew about the price dropping in the cart earlier. I skipped a few of my wishlist titles this morning at their usual prices, and now some are out of stock.

bsmith 11-06-09 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 (Post 9820842)
They are usually in mint condition. Often, I even get the original slipcover like the shiny one that comes with The Mummy.

The prices are really good now! Unfortunately, almost everything on my wish list is out of stock now. Better jump on this fast, folks.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I just made my first order with them. Six BRs for just under $9 a piece after shipping and w/no tax.

- Taken
- Wrestler
- Express
- Indiana Jones, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Mummy, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- Mummy

The only one I've ever seen before is the original Mummy.

PGHFlyer 11-06-09 02:34 PM

Usually are in very good condition - about 10% of the time you will get one really beat up and/or not the edition you bought (missing digital copy, 2-disc version instead of 3-disc), but overall worth the risk if you can get a decent deal. Just watch out for shipping charges. This deal isn't particularly great this time.

vcuram 11-06-09 02:47 PM

Got these for $60 shipped:

Monsters vs. Aliens
Orphan
Sex Drive
I Love You, Man
Easy Rider

Pretty good deal.

Arthur Dent 11-06-09 02:50 PM

Picked up:

Sex Drive
I Love You, Man
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

bsmith 11-06-09 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jkzahn (Post 9820863)
Usually are in very good condition - about 10% of the time you will get one really beat up and/or not the edition you bought (missing digital copy, 2-disc version instead of 3-disc), but overall worth the risk if you can get a decent deal. Just watch out for shipping charges. This deal isn't particularly great this time.

There were quite a few up in the $19 range and some typically available for around $10 New going for more Used. I only selected ones that I was most interested in and that were at least 50% off current sale's pricing from other places.

cinemaphile 11-06-09 04:21 PM

Well now I am pissed. This morning when I first started this thread, a ton of my wish list items were in stock, but since they werent showing on sale, I waited. Now I find out it only shows after you put them in your cart - I go back and everything is out of stock. SON OF A B!^@# !!

bilbobia 11-06-09 04:38 PM

House Of Wax costs 1056 dollars used. Unforgiven and a couple others cost 669 dollars used. What the hell? This isn't a discount, it's a major markup!

filmbuddy 11-06-09 05:33 PM

Well I was just able to place an order of 20 titles for a little under $205 shipped (and shipping costs were $21.99!) That sounds pretty good to me... hopefully they'll all be in good condition.

JMG 11-06-09 06:31 PM

26 Titles:
Merchandise: $159.37
Shipping: $27.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $187.36:)

rkndkn 11-06-09 06:36 PM

Oh, and for first time buyers -- be prepared to get each item individually in a bubble envelope, even if they come from the same place!

Slave2Blu 11-06-09 06:41 PM

29 Titles for under $280.

A Bug's Life, Braveheart, Dark Knight, Benjamin Button, Never Say Never Again, Patton, Final Countdown, Easy Rider, Spinal Tap, Watchmen, Wanted among many others.

GREAT deal as far as I'm concerned.

GCS 11-06-09 07:46 PM

13 titles for $85 here.

Very pleased. Lots of great Christmas gifts for the wife and kids!!

Greg

Nathan A 11-06-09 08:37 PM

13 movies for $105 shipped = $8 each

including Smart People, Repo!, Ghost Town, RocknRolla, Burn After Reading, Indy 4, and others. I really shouldn't have, but c'mon - when most are showing as $6.xx in your cart, it's hard to say no.

Good deal. But yeah, a couple I really wanted were out of stock.

Torchur317 11-06-09 08:51 PM

I got Observe and Report & What Doesn't Kill You for $19 shipped so I'm happy....